Looking for members to help Ozzu

• Martin von Dehn
  • Born
  • Born
  • Martin von Dehn

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would love to write tutorials for Ozzu. I already have one ready to post about working with arrays. (This topic was the most difficult for me to learn when I taught myself C.) I also have ideas for further tutorials. Tell me when and where to start!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ecuador
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there still need for help or are you all set?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ecuador wrote:
Is there still need for help or are you all set?

What were you interested in ecuador?
  • IIHoSTiiiLeII
  • IIHoSTiiiLeII

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would love to help out Ozzu.

I could help out in

- Ozzu Greeters

- Website Reviewers

- Tutorial Writers

I think I could be a good fit for the task because, I am on the Internet a lot. And I visit different web sites. So it would come in handy in witting reviews. also I am experienced in may different programs from Auto Cad to any Anti-virus programs. and I would love to help different people learn how to use these programs. finally greeting people. I know every time I visit a web site and I go to the introduce yourself section, I get reply's from some very nice people. to me it makes the community feel more friendly
  • webdesiges
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • webdesiges

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like this forum interesting topics you provided it great site I am feeling nice to see such a good website.
  • ezquoteguide
  • Born
  • Born
  • ezquoteguide

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great Idea!!, Bring people of different occupation together for alone purpose, I must agree your initiative is appreciable. Nice job
  • namishasingh
  • Born
  • Born
  • namishasingh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
We are creating a new group on ozzu called "Special Teams". The goal of this group is to decorate members who would like to help ozzu in some way. Plus you will get all the benefits of being an Ozzu Gold Member for free as long as you are part of this team.

There are many different members we are looking for to help with all sorts of tasks on ozzu. We are trying to only assign one task per member so that nothing is overwhelming, and that you can still use Ozzu like your normally do. If you see something on the list below and would like to help out please respond to this thread and we may contact you to join this special team. Please tell us why you think you would be a good fit for the task. If you have other ideas in which you could help Ozzu that is not on the list please feel free to offer your suggestion in this thread on what you could do. Here is a starting list of what we need members to help us with:

• Ozzu Greeters - Main responsiblity is to respond to topics in the Introduce Yourself forum. They would make new members feel welcome, ask them questions about who they are and what they do, help them out with using the ozzu interface, etc.
  • Competition Creators - Main responsibility is to be in charge of running more competitions (ones we don't have already)
  • Website Reviewers - Main responsibility is to be extremely responsive to website reviews giving good feeback and making members feel that our website review area is one of the best on the Internet.
  • Tutorial Writers - Main responsibility is to create as many new tutorials as possible for one of our designated tutorial sections. If you have a great deal of experience with a certain section and would like to help out, this might be perfect for you.
  • Headliner's Group - Main responsibility is to start at least one new important topic every day relevant to webmasters, programmers, web designers, etc. They could be topics about something in the news, latest technology, best practices, etc. Members in this group would be able to put their topics on the headline list on the main page of ozzu.
  • Special Teams Manager(s) - Main responsibility is to make sure everyone who is part of the special teams is continuing to participate in the tasks they are designated to. They should encourage and lead special team members, come up with ideas on how they can improve or make things better, etc. Finally managers should remove members no longer actively participating after attempts to try and resolve the situation first.

Again this is just a starting list, we are open to more ideas if you have them. Please respond to this thread if you would like to be placed on this new team, or if you have ideas of a unique way on how you can help the Ozzu community!

hey it's really awesome no word for this type of picture hmmm keep rocking thanks you so much :)
--------
Girish
  • koppaspider
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • koppaspider
  • Loc: Metro:Williamsport

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello there are two positions I am interested in.

1) Website Reviewers
I believe I qualify for this position because I have 5+ years in developing enterprise websites and intranets. I also have a degree in Graphic Designing along with a minor in marketing.

I have a good eye for design and color, and know how to read/write html/css very well.

2) Ozzu Greeters
I believe I qualify for this position because my first (real) job was a customer service rep. for an electronics store. I learned how to provided technical support for those who understood very little about the products that were sold, and I learned to be very friendly (even if I was having a bad day)
  • JamZ
  • Born
  • Born
  • JamZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

jUst saying ,,you could ask me in field of hardware or internal problem about computer..

i am a maintenance of a internet cafe!

i hope i could help you guys!!

see yahh!!

----------------------------------
j@mz!
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Brian and fella Ozzu'ers
Have been pretty inactive for a while, life changed a whole lot and saw this post!. I've finally got myself a new camera, Canon 350d (finally moved away from manual & film!) and Im putting myself forward to help out in the photography section. Had the camera a grand total of 3 days and am at around 500 shots so far... and thats only around the home.

You all know me as the web/graphic designer with wacky layouts, been doing it for some years now and am currently working for an awarding body in the UK as a Systems Developer.

Im sure I can help out in a number of areas and I have been around for a long time so Im hoping you can find some credible posts ;).

let me know if im required, I can't wait to grab a little spare time to add to the photography and digial art sections.

Thanks
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Nucleo. Give it a few for Bigweb or Joebert to see this. I'm sure we can manage to squeeze you in somewhere *wink

Will be nice to have you back and active again!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went ahead and included you in the Special Teams group so things like attachments/etc are available Nucleo.
My first thought about a group for you would be the Challengers Group for Photography. Bigwebmaster would have to handle you for that group at the moment though.

If you checkout the Usergroups area in your user control panel you'll find a list of groups and what they're purpose is if you want to look around. :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't forget his skills at Digital art also. Still amazed at the skills he has.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think anyone who sees Nucleos' digital art forgets it. :)

My suggestion is based on this sentence. :D

Quote:
Had the camera a grand total of 3 days and am at around 500 shots so far... and thats only around the home.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

cheers guy, dont bloat the ol'ego lol
actually, my cam is a 400d lol. been out and about today, should be posting some stuff soon
  • Staticstriker

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to be on the Team. O-o I'm very good at introducing new members to the site... Even though I'm new. Lol. And also I will try my best to be active in the forums. :P
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone,

I haven't been active on Ozzu for some time now, but I would like to become active again and help the community. I have been quite busy with school and web design activities last year, but I have more free time now, which makes me able to get active again and hopefully join the special team.

I would like to do Competition Creation. Competitions are something I always really enjoy on forums. You learn a lot from helping other people out with coding and design problems, but the competition area is however where I learn most. People get really creative there and you see techniques that you didn't think of before. Also the voting part makes everything exciting too.

So, that brings me to the main reason why I see myself fit: I like competitions. I also hope that I have proven myself to be a helpful member of Ozzu and I hope to get this chance to join the Special Team. I already have some nice ideas for competitions ;)

And, off topic, I have written some CSS tutorials on my own blog. I'm okay with reposting (some of) them at Ozzu, if you guys would like me to do that. According to the amounts of comments I got on those, they were not too bad. (http://www.onyx-design.net/weblog2/css/)

-Fabian
  • rebecca16
  • rebecca16

Post 3+ Months Ago

being a newbie... can i apply for this also?
  • yzf888
  • Born
  • Born
  • yzf888

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good board, i love it.
  • krupakar2u
  • Born
  • Born
  • krupakar2u
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

A Big Hello '2' all the OZZUs out here...!!
I am Krupakar T. Joshua, New Delhi, India. I Like 2 do Research in Computer Hardware & Software. Always ready to share my Experiences & Knowledge
Anybody who wishes to share his/her Experiences is most welcome 2 send Private Messages and any kind of Study Material. I love 2 Learn anything that is New or Interesting in Computer Hardware and Software

Waiting eagerly to Meet someone who can be a Friend, Guide, Tutor Godfather.... etc till the day I feel that I know everything in Computers

Signing Off with Lots of Good Wishes '2' all OZZUs and Netizens

Happy Internet Browsing

Regards

Krupakar T. Joshua
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seems that my free time doesn't allow me to get too involved in this, but from time to time i can help with some flash tutorials.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

IceCold you are welcome to join the tutorial writers group. We have a private spot for the group. If you think you can contribute perhaps at least one or two a month, just send a PM to Joebert and he'll add you to the group.

If not, still feel welcome to contribute when you can.
  • Maryam77
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be interested in Ozzu greeters just hope its not to much work, what are the benefits?
  • hackmaster
  • Born
  • Born
  • hackmaster

Post 3+ Months Ago

I want to join to post for ASP and Hacking if u make a forum for it.

Thanks,
Regards,
HackMaster
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

ASP discussions can be posted in the Programming Board HackMaster. And OZZU does not permit discussions or topics on hacking. There will never be a forum for it.

announcements-rules/ozzu-rules-and-regulations-t697.html
Quote:
Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed. The definition of cracks also includes, but is not limited to, threads or links pertaining to the subject of circumventing any security or privacy measures intentionally placed by manufacturers in their hardware and/or software.
  • seohp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • seohp
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good idea, as I am in SEO/SEM from long time, I can handle seo related part.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know this isn't typically accepted practice here, but I'd like to "bump" this topic with a bit of elaboration...

For those who aren't aware, I'm a member of the Headliner's group. I've received outstanding support from other moderators in times when I couldn't get to the PC, but I would love to get someone on Special Teams who could assist in keeping our community informed and entertained.

I've found that this is a great way to meet other members, practice writing skills, sharpen up debate points, and get yourself recognized. If anyone is interested in participating, I'd be glad to walk you through the process and give you some tips to help.

If you've got a knack for writing (i.e. a firm understanding of plagiarism and how to avoid it) and a few hours a week to surf the web (c'mon - you know you do that anyways :D ), that's all it takes. Shoot me a message or reply here and we can talk. Thanks!
  • Karolis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Karolis

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want my help I can give you.
The thinks I can do is:
I can provide the help with web building and designing. Also by making tutorials and learning by myself new things.
I can make some videos on youtube with which can be linked to ozzu
I can accept with these rules too.

# welcome, ask them questions about who they are and what they do, help them out with using the ozzu interface, etc.

# Competition Creators - Main responsibility is to be in charge of running more competitions (ones we don't have already)

# Website Reviewers - Main responsibility is to be extremely responsive to website reviews giving good feeback and making members feel that our website review area is one of the best on the Internet.

# Tutorial Writers - Main responsibility is to create as many new tutorials as possible for one of our designated tutorial sections. If you have a great deal of experience with a certain section and would like to help out, this might be perfect for you.
# Headliner's Group - Main responsibility is to start at least one new important topic every day relevant to webmasters, programmers, web designers, etc. They could be topics about something in the news, latest technology, best practices, etc. Members in this group would be able to put their topics on the headline list on the main page of ozzu.

# Special Teams Manager(s) - Main responsibility is to make sure everyone who is part of the special teams is continuing to participate in the tasks they are designated to. They should encourage and lead special team members, come up with ideas on how they can improve or make things better, etc. Finally managers should remove members no longer actively participating after attempts to try and resolve the situation first.

Of course I am new here but I know how to use this website, make tutorials about web sites and give a help and provide some help or also make tutorials on how to use Adobe Photoshop.
Responsibilities of making videos, of course I cannot make videos every day but I can make about one or two videos on my own time in a week.

Actually I don't care about being gold member but I just can accept to help you guys improve your website by playing this rules.

Note: If that part time job would become for me to hard or to difficult, I will be happy to inform you fast as possible.

Let me know what you think.
  • seojockey
  • Born
  • Born
  • seojockey
  • Loc: New Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

New members and sometimes regular members makes a mistake of posting in wrong (irrelevant) threads.

I'd suggest a post of "Thread Moderator", responsibility of these moderators would be to take care that all members should be posting in relavent threads, they should also guide new members about correct threads to write-in.

Threads are good to read only when we are not diverted from the main topic.

There are many instances where members are looking for a code sample as the answer to their queries, I myself had many a times opted to just copy-paste the code and will later look into that code.

So another post "Code Gurus" is suggested. It is mandatory for a Code guru to help when they see that the member is not able to get their doubts solved. I belive that unsatisfied member is like a infection in the group.

I'd also like to be Ozzu Greeter.
  • MOC
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Ocean City , Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am in ! I think I can be useful
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago