Looking for members to help Ozzu

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPSGuy wrote:
For all those who have voiced their concerns about wanting to participate, but not feeling that they're able to contribute IT-wise, I implore you to consider the greeter's role. You can still do your part to help!

That's a good point.

I think people without deep technical roots actually make better greeters.
Technical people often times have abrasive personalities, even though they're just trying to help. :)
  • gblondie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gblondie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am interested in partaking in help with the greeting as well. "You know anything to help" I always say!
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm assuming we're not waiting on some type of acceptance msg before we begin? I've started with my posts today, so thought I had better check. :) I know there's the upgraded account and rights to listing topics on front page, but i figured if I was accepted, it wouldn't hurt anything to have a few articles already up.
  • johnsonbryce
  • Born
  • Born
  • johnsonbryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have a lot of experience with Ozzu, but like the site and use it from time to time. My primary background is databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and some others). I am interested and willing to help, but think I would be best helping someway within my specialty. Are you interested in some special forums dedicated to development issues around some or all of the above mentioned database. If you would, I would be willing to help in that way.

Main topic: Databases
Sub-Topics: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, etc

If not, I may be willing to help with "Special Teams Manager(s)". I have a lot of experience with project management, but would need to know what kind of follow-up you want and what tools/reports you have in order to do this.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

lindsay wrote:
i am very interested to join the group.

i learn many more things from this new group.

Which tasks are you interested in doing from the list? And if so why do you think you would be good at this task? Thanks in advance for further info.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

yomi wrote:
Thanks for the opportunity OZZU.

I'd like to be an OZZU Greeter. I do a lot of work outside my employment that involves me greeting people. I deal with new members in my church community, my task is to get them settled and comfortable in a smaller cell group within the church.

I'd also like to participate in the Headliners Group. I would need to stretch myself to do this but I am interested. I just dont know if i can post a message EVERYDAY. I do enjoy exploring new technologies and innovation

Thanks for your offer! I put you down on the list for a possible greeter or headliner. I can tell you would probably be good at both because you are descriptive, and I like that. You mention that you don't think you could post a new headline everyday. If we were to put you on this task list for creating headlines, how often do you think you would be able to come on and post something that is important (headline quality). Also which area of Ozzu do you think you would be creating these topics for? Hardware? Windows? Mac? Linux? All of those areas? Other areas? If we were to put you in this position I would want you to focus on a certain area for topics (which you would headline to the main page).
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

galacon wrote:
Hey Brian:

I have been meaning to get more involved here, as I have gotten a lot out of the joint already and wouldn't mind giving back a bit...

I am willing to do reviews, tutorials, and write headliners or whatever you need.

Let me know where I can help share the load!

Peace,

Glenn "Gman" Grundberg

Hi Glenn aka Gman! That is awesome that you are willing to help out. We have quite a few already wanting to do website reviews, but we do need more people interested in tutorial writing or headlining. If we were to put you as a headliner or a tutorial writer which topic area would you be interested in helping on? What are you good at or what grabs your interest in talking about? For headliners we would want to assign you a certain general topic such as Hardware, Web Design, Programming, General Webmaster topics, SEO, or anything else you are interested in. That way you would just focus on finding headlines for your topic, instead of having to find headlines for things you might not be interested in. We would have other headliners for other topics (that they are interested in), so that people who create headlines are genuinely excited and interested in talking about the topics they are making :)
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

galacon wrote:
I have been meaning to get more involved here, as I have gotten a lot out of the joint already and wouldn't mind giving back a bit...

The first time I read this I thought you said, "I have gotten out of the joint already".
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPSGuy wrote:
I'm assuming we're not waiting on some type of acceptance msg before we begin? I've started with my posts today, so thought I had better check. :) I know there's the upgraded account and rights to listing topics on front page, but i figured if I was accepted, it wouldn't hurt anything to have a few articles already up.

Its great for anybody to help out already even if not assigned to the task. This also allows us to guage if you (or others) would be right for that role. Even if not officially appointed to any of these roles it would be great to have people help out in much of this stuff (such as creating tutorials, greeting people, etc). At this point we are just compiling a list of members and what they are interested in. Soon we will go through the list and appoint those to the official roles. At that point they will become part of the Special Teams group. The ones appointed to the official roles can always go off and help/contribute/participate in other places as well, but the main focus everyday should be to at least complete the tasks that they are agreeing to help on.

Also these special teams will most likely always be an open group. What I mean by that is as new members come to Ozzu we may be adding more to the special teams. Also if certain members aren't doing their part that they agreed to they would most likely go back to a regular member since we are really looking for a dedicated group of people to help out daily with tasks. Things change with time as well, and members that may have time right now to help may not have time in the future. We understand that, but at that time they would be dropped from the group, so that we could replace them with someone else. This is not a bad thing, we would always welcome them back if they had time for it again in the future. The main goal of this group is to decorate those willing to help, and to have some kind of structure in place so that people know what they can do to really help Ozzu become a thriving community.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

johnsonbryce wrote:
I don't have a lot of experience with Ozzu, but like the site and use it from time to time. My primary background is databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and some others). I am interested and willing to help, but think I would be best helping someway within my specialty. Are you interested in some special forums dedicated to development issues around some or all of the above mentioned database. If you would, I would be willing to help in that way.

Main topic: Databases
Sub-Topics: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, etc

If not, I may be willing to help with "Special Teams Manager(s)". I have a lot of experience with project management, but would need to know what kind of follow-up you want and what tools/reports you have in order to do this.

First thanks for your offer on helping! We may be interested in creating a new forum specifically for databases. If we were to do something like that would you be interested in creating tutorials or headlines for this area? Headlines would basically be important topics (maybe in the news, or something really valuable to members) that would be posted at least 3 times a week in this forum. They would also be headlined to the main page of ozzu. If you were interested in tutorials they would need to follow this format:

announcements/tutorial-making-tutorials-for-ozzu-howto-t85736.html

Of course in that new forum many more topics that aren't headline worthy could be created as well, the main focus of a headliner though would be to at least post 3 really important threads each week that can be posted to the main page of ozzu as well. You would simply focus on anything with databases. Let me know your thoughts on this and if you would be interested as a headliner or tutorial writer for this forum if we were to make it.

With regards to a the special teams manager, we do need more members interested in this role as well. If we were to appoint you to that team instead the purpose of the team manager is to make sure everyone is doing their part for the tasks they are agreeing to help on. For members slacking (either by not doing enough or doing things wrong), they would first be talked to so that maybe it can be resolved, and if not resolvable eventually dropped from the group so that they can be replaced with someone else. There wouldn't be very many tools available, but if you have ideas for tools to help assist with this process they could be created. Mainly though it would be the managers responsibility to find out where we need more help, and to remove members not doing their tasks after being talked to.

Thanks!
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds good, thanks for the clarification BWM.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

Competition Creators

I have had some ideas for competitions that i think might be fun and new. I think i would be a good fit in this area as i did take place in many of the competitions when i had time or already had a image made that fit in.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

CowKiller wrote:
Competition Creators

I have had some ideas for competitions that i think might be fun and new. I think i would be a good fit in this area as i did take place in many of the competitions when i had time or already had a image made that fit in.

Thanks for your offer CowKiller! If we were to accept you into this role we would need you to focus on a particular subject with creating competitions. Currently the ones already taken are Photography and Digital Art. Do you have an idea of a new topic that you would like to focus on? Thanks!
  • hax
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I am interested in the writing tutorials. Certain things I'm already good at are:

Virus Cleaning on Microsoft Boxes
Setting up FreeBSD for any purpose (server or workstation)
and pretty much anything else technical.

I'm hosting http://hamen.us.com on my own FreeBSD server. You could also find me on FreeBSD bug tracking system http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/free ... 08160.html

If I am to be approved, I'd like to be added to the "Forum Partners" (brown) area as Free Web Hosting.

Thoughts, criticisms welcome.
Advance Thanks
Greg
  • benevolent001
  • benevolent001

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi , Please take me in for Welcome Team :)

Thanks have a good day
  • malcolm
  • Born
  • Born
  • malcolm

Post 3+ Months Ago

I could offer free hosting
  • zhouyi
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

Count me in for competition of Greeter's Role.:)

My Advantage:
I love ozzu.com.I like ozzu.com people,just like they are my friends.
I'm friendly,sincere and willing to help others.
I'm energetic with good personal character.

My disadvantage:not major in computing or software,only learn little IT knowedge myself. But I think it can also be my advantage.
1st reason:people usually come here for tech. help or business necessory, they don't know IT very much. I'll never bring stress to them,because I don't know IT very much neither.
2nd reason:I'll also take part in other groups,Review Group for example.IT talents usually give more suggestion related to Tech..But,I can give suggestion at the standpoint of a looker-on or the site's customer, though I don't know much about Tech.

If I gain this position, will pay much more time at ozzu.com. If failed,I will still stay here for a long time, really like ozzu.com :)
  • Reflections
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Reflections wrote:
Thank u very much for you offer.

I am interested join in your team. I have been working as a SEO analyst since last five years and a good hold on different forums.

Which area would you be interested in helping in? and why do you think you would be a good fit for that area?

I would like to be an Ozzu Greeter. I can interact better with the new commers.
  • beata
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Lithuania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I don't mind to help and to participate in project. Warning - I am not English speaker, I am from Lithuania.

I don't know what sorts of task I could take. Better I will tell about me.
Really I was on Ozu accidentally, don't remember why and what I asked. Really I am not acquainted with structure of OZU although I am member of many forums and always have from them many help.

I am webmaster for 10 years, mostly worked with HTML pages. Three years ago I started to create CMS website (Joomla, Wordpress, E-107, php-fusion).

I work as graphic designer and I am good with Paint Shop pro (studied 7 years), I know Adobe Photoshop, Firework, Corell less.

I created and manage 2 self learning Flash groups for beginner and intermediate level, and CSS1 group as well.

So, decide please where and how I can help in the new teame.
  • Gaza14
  • Born
  • Born
  • Gaza14

Post 3+ Months Ago

ill help
  • winracer

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be interested in anything to do with programming, websites, Network, Telecommunications or anything to do with Information Technology forums.

winracer
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

benevolent001 wrote:
Hi , Please take me in for Welcome Team :)

Thanks have a good day

Thanks for your offer, I appreciate it. Could I ask why you think you would be good for this task?

malcolm wrote:
I could offer free hosting

LOL, no thank you. I appreciate your offer though.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

zhouyi wrote:
Count me in for competition of Greeter's Role.:)

My Advantage:
I love ozzu.com.I like ozzu.com people,just like they are my friends.
I'm friendly,sincere and willing to help others.
I'm energetic with good personal character.

My disadvantage:not major in computing or software,only learn little IT knowedge myself. But I think it can also be my advantage.
1st reason:people usually come here for tech. help or business necessory, they don't know IT very much. I'll never bring stress to them,because I don't know IT very much neither.
2nd reason:I'll also take part in other groups,Review Group for example.IT talents usually give more suggestion related to Tech..But,I can give suggestion at the standpoint of a looker-on or the site's customer, though I don't know much about Tech.

If I gain this position, will pay much more time at ozzu.com. If failed,I will still stay here for a long time, really like ozzu.com :)

I appreciate the offer to help zhouyi!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Reflections wrote:
I would like to be an Ozzu Greeter. I can interact better with the new commers.

Thanks for clarifying! and apreciate you willing to help.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

winracer wrote:
I would be interested in anything to do with programming, websites, Network, Telecommunications or anything to do with Information Technology forums.

winracer

Thanks for your offer winracer! Would you be possibly interested as a Greeter or Website Reviewer? or do you have any other thoughts for how you could help?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

beata wrote:
Hi,

I don't mind to help and to participate in project. Warning - I am not English speaker, I am from Lithuania.

I don't know what sorts of task I could take. Better I will tell about me.
Really I was on Ozu accidentally, don't remember why and what I asked. Really I am not acquainted with structure of OZU although I am member of many forums and always have from them many help.

I am webmaster for 10 years, mostly worked with HTML pages. Three years ago I started to create CMS website (Joomla, Wordpress, E-107, php-fusion).

I work as graphic designer and I am good with Paint Shop pro (studied 7 years), I know Adobe Photoshop, Firework, Corell less.

I created and manage 2 self learning Flash groups for beginner and intermediate level, and CSS1 group as well.

So, decide please where and how I can help in the new teame.

Would you be interested as a Ozzu Greeter or Website Reviewer? An Ozzu greeter would try and make new members feel welcome and also make comments or ask further questions that would seem to relate specifically to that person. A website reviewer would need to be able to analyze websites and be able to provide useful feedback (whether positive or negative feedback) in a friendly way that is useful to the person making the request.
  • beata
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Lithuania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for suggestion.
I think, it will be easier for me as Website Reviewer.

P.S. I don't find in your forum how to add avatar?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

beata wrote:
Thanks for suggestion.
I think, it will be easier for me as Website Reviewer.

P.S. I don't find in your forum how to add avatar?

I put you on our list that you are interested in a Website Reviewer.

With regards to the avatar goto the Main Menu on the top right, then click on "Control Panel", and then click on "Profile" on the right menu area, and then "Edit Avatar"
  • namecritic
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Miami Beach

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I give up. It's probably too simple. Where do I edit my profile?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 150 posts