Looking for members to help Ozzu

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

We are creating a new group on ozzu called "Special Teams". The goal of this group is to decorate members who would like to help ozzu in some way. Plus you will get all the benefits of being an Ozzu Gold Member for free as long as you are part of this team.

There are many different members we are looking for to help with all sorts of tasks on ozzu. We are trying to only assign one task per member so that nothing is overwhelming, and that you can still use Ozzu like your normally do. If you see something on the list below and would like to help out please respond to this thread and we may contact you to join this special team. Please tell us why you think you would be a good fit for the task. If you have other ideas in which you could help Ozzu that is not on the list please feel free to offer your suggestion in this thread on what you could do. Here is a starting list of what we need members to help us with:

• Ozzu Greeters - Main responsiblity is to respond to topics in the Introduce Yourself forum. They would make new members feel welcome, ask them questions about who they are and what they do, help them out with using the ozzu interface, etc.
  • Competition Creators - Main responsibility is to be in charge of running more competitions (ones we don't have already)
  • Website Reviewers - Main responsibility is to be extremely responsive to website reviews giving good feeback and making members feel that our website review area is one of the best on the Internet.
  • Tutorial Writers - Main responsibility is to create as many new tutorials as possible for one of our designated tutorial sections. If you have a great deal of experience with a certain section and would like to help out, this might be perfect for you.
  • Headliner's Group - Main responsibility is to start at least one new important topic every day relevant to webmasters, programmers, web designers, etc. They could be topics about something in the news, latest technology, best practices, etc. Members in this group would be able to put their topics on the headline list on the main page of ozzu.
  • Special Teams Manager(s) - Main responsibility is to make sure everyone who is part of the special teams is continuing to participate in the tasks they are designated to. They should encourage and lead special team members, come up with ideas on how they can improve or make things better, etc. Finally managers should remove members no longer actively participating after attempts to try and resolve the situation first.

Again this is just a starting list, we are open to more ideas if you have them. Please respond to this thread if you would like to be placed on this new team, or if you have ideas of a unique way on how you can help the Ozzu community!
  • zhouyi
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great idea. Totally support this proposal!!
  • cjxxi
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • cjxxi
  • Loc: Fort Worth, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am in, I would like to help with something that is not on the list, and where areas is needed, as a developer, and/or help maintain/moderate the programming forums.

Please tell us why you think you would be a good fit for the task:

In my experience as a developer for several years, I believe I have come across some of the best practices to do things that are in many cases not so easy to do. I also know the responsibility that it takes.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be interested in Website Reviews. Not so much from a code aspect (yes I do write with html/xhtml/css but I don't think I do it well enough to review someone elses work), but I would love to give feedback on site design.

I have been doing graphic/site design for the last 5 years and Ozzu has helped me out on multiple sites with some great feedback. I have offered up some feedback and I hope that it has been helpful.
  • gblondie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gblondie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I say no problem. This is a perfect, always looking for a way to help others. Now is there any specific time frame on getting back to you on :
Bigwebmaster wrote:
Please tell us why you think you would be a good fit for the task.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

gblondie wrote:
I say no problem. This is a perfect, always looking for a way to help others. Now is there any specific time frame on getting back to you on :
Bigwebmaster wrote:

I wouldn't say there is any specific time frame, but you won't be offered anything unless you tell us what you are interesting in doing and why you would be good for that task. This will most likely be an open thread for awhile, but no guarantees. The sooner you respond the better chance you will get offered something to do.
  • gblondie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gblondie

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK great, thank you.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Added a new task to the list above called "Headliner's Group" for people designated to creating immportant topics on Ozzu. Also added a new task called "Special Teams Manager" for members to help manage this group and to make sure people are staying active.
  • usmanz
  • Born
  • Born
  • usmanz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Since I am into website designing, I can offer to review websites.
Can I be enrolled only as a website reviewer?
  • joebert
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about a "Member site of the day" group ?
Members in this group would be on the lookout for eye-catching sites in member profiles/signatures/etc.
Sites wouldn't have to be limited to "domain.com/etc", they could be Deviant Art profiles, Flickr profiles, etc.

When they find one, they create a thread with an overview of the site in a "Site of the Day" forum.
This new thread would require approval similar to the tutorial forums so that multiple sites can be qued by each of the groups members while still keeping with the one-a-day theme.

Approval would follow a first-in-first-out rule, except when it would cause one members threads to be approved two days in a row while there's more than one members submissions in the que, to try and keep it fair.

Both the group leader, and the "Headliners" group could be responsible for approving and possibly headlining one Site of the Day each day.
  • ASAP
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ASAP
  • Loc: NYC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be very interested in reviewing site designs or being a greeter.

I've been doing freelance web design and development for the past 5+ years, as well as participating in various communities across the web and in real life. I'm fairly talented in starting interesting discussions, even though my activity on Ozzu is rather limited.

I have a very strong analytical mind, able to offer constructive criticism on designs, information flow and SEO.

Writing tutorials or news would also be of interest to me, however, I cannot guarantee that I can provide information on a daily basis, given my freelance duties. However, I am putting together a personal blog site, which I can syndicate content to you as I produce it.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

usmanz wrote:
Since I am into website designing, I can offer to review websites.
Can I be enrolled only as a website reviewer?

Thanks for your offer! Since you don't have much posting history that I can review on ozzu (yet), can you please tell me what kind of web design experience you have and why you think you would be a good fit for this task? Thanks!
  • 7Hunters
  • Loc: Missouri

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be interested in producing video or text tutorials based from questions in the forum.

I have been a webmaster for ten years, taught for five, and am certified expert through Adobe in Photoshop and Dreamweaver. I would probably put a link back to my web site where I blog about weekly technology stuff (it's non-commercial, 0 ads.)
  • cjxxi
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • cjxxi
  • Loc: Fort Worth, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

any reply for me?
  • wolfmanz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Arizona

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be very much interested.

I would like to try my hand in the areas of "Website Reviewers and Tutorial Writers."

I have a degree in CS and over 30 years of experience in everything from Large mainframe databases to small database/data driven web sites.

I like doing research to try and find answers to questions about the computer world.

I have been out of the loop for a while, but am getting back into it, and know I could provide positive, informative answers to those in need.

Thanks,
Wayne
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

cjxxi wrote:
any reply for me?

Right now we are gathering a list of everyone interested. I am mainly replying to those who I need further feedback from before putting them on the list. You stated your experience clearly which is why I never asked for more information from you with regards to that. I do have a question for you though with regards to what you are wanting to do to help.

You mention that you have come across many of the "best practices", so would yu be interesting in creating tutorials on these? Or what exactly are you interested in being responsible for? We aren't really looking for moderators on any of our forums since we seem to have the spam situation under control. We are looking more for members that are designated as leaders responsible for certain areas on ozzu. These members would be responsible to keeping their section active and responsive so that the community is thriving.

You also said you would be interested in helping where needed "as a developer", what exactly do you mean by that? Are you referring to helping with the Ozzu interface, backend programming and stuff for ozzu? Or are you referring to helping members on Ozzu? Thanks in advance for clarifying :)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

7Hunters wrote:
I would be interested in producing video or text tutorials based from questions in the forum.

I have been a webmaster for ten years, taught for five, and am certified expert through Adobe in Photoshop and Dreamweaver. I would probably put a link back to my web site where I blog about weekly technology stuff (it's non-commercial, 0 ads.)

I think both video and text tutorials would be great! You would basically be part of the tutorials team if accepted. So just for clarification, do you think the majority of your tutorials would be on Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver? I need to know specifically what kind of tutorials you are interested in creating. Thanks!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

wolfmanz wrote:
I would be very much interested.

I would like to try my hand in the areas of "Website Reviewers and Tutorial Writers."

I have a degree in CS and over 30 years of experience in everything from Large mainframe databases to small database/data driven web sites.

I like doing research to try and find answers to questions about the computer world.

I have been out of the loop for a while, but am getting back into it, and know I could provide positive, informative answers to those in need.

Thanks,
Wayne

Thanks for your interest! With regards to tutorial writing, is there a certain topic you want to focus most on? Maybe a particular programming language or database specific tutorials? or all of the above? or something else?
  • namecritic
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Miami Beach

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Website Reviewers - Main responsibility is to be extremely responsive to website reviews giving good feeback and making members feel that our website review area is one of the best on the Internet.

I can help out there. I haven't been as active here as I'd like to be. Always busy with client websites.

On the reviews, there are different ways to review sites. I'm not a designer so I would not be reviewing design elements except as to how they might affect SEO or sales for the website owner.

Where I specialize is being able to help someone convert more sales or generate more leads by how calls to action are used and helping improve the website's optimization and content.

I'd be happy to review websites and give free advice for those topics.

My qualifications? Internet marketing since 1995. Started out buying and selling domain names. Have most of my clients not only ranking well for competitive search terms but also have improved their sales at the same time. 30+ years as a salesman, 14 of those on the web.

So I'd be happy to offer my 2 cents worth when asked. I understand it takes a team to run a good forum and would like to particpate more.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

namecritic - I think that is excellent and I completely agree there are numerous aspects that you can review websites on besides design elements. SEO, usability, and sales conversion (if they are selling something) is very important. Thanks for your offer in helping out here.
  • digioz
  • Loc: Chicago, IL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be happy to help out as an Ozzu Greeter. Haven't been posting a whole lot on the forums, but I have been following the programming forums on a regular basis. Would be happy to contribute back in any shape or form.
  • Snerdey
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can count Snerdey to perform reviews based on whatever the user is seeking :)

Website Reviewers - Main responsibility is to be extremely responsive to website reviews giving good feeback and making members feel that our website review area is one of the best on the Internet.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your offer digioz and Snerdey :)
  • Snerdey
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

All you have to do is ask :)
  • MadPaddy
  • Born
  • Born
  • MadPaddy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm Only new on this forum but i can help with most laptop and desktop hardware/software problems as im an ex dell employe and have been building computers since i was 12(got my first computer when i was 6 a commodore vic20!!!!)and i am allways glad to help and have plenty off time on my hands so i hope i can be off some use to the forum and its members.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be interested in being a website reviewer - I haven't been too active of late on Ozzu due to starting university but things are calming down now. :)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your offer Breeze :)
  • joloso02
  • Born
  • Born
  • joloso02

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would be very interested in participating, specially in spanish since it is more easy for me
thanks

jose l.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

joloso02 wrote:
i would be very interested in participating, specially in spanish since it is more easy for me
thanks

jose l.

Thanks for your offer, what tasks would you be interested in helping on?
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll offer to help out with the headliner's group. If I could, I'd like to stay native to the Programmer's thread, but I could probably find other filler if necessary.

I think I could be a good fit for this position because I work in the field - I am a Jr. Developer at a large Mortgage Company who prides themselves on staying with the cutting edge. I work full-time on our internal Web applications, while also developing desktop applications occasionally (C#). My work experience includes Java, C#, PHP, and perl, thus I have a wide basis of language knowledge. I am immersed in the techonology field, so I also 'have my ear to the ground', so to speak.

I'd love to see participation ramp back up a bit.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Breeze wrote:
I would be interested in being a website reviewer - I haven't been too active of late on Ozzu due to starting university but things are calming down now. :)

Just curious if you have any interest in writing photography tutorials. It's apparent your skills are quite good.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPSGuy wrote:
I'll offer to help out with the headliner's group. If I could, I'd like to stay native to the Programmer's thread, but I could probably find other filler if necessary.

Thanks for your offer UPSGuy. That is actually exactly what I am looking for when it comes to the Headliner's group. If accepted to the group I would want you to create important topics/threads in the field you know best at, such as programming in your case. We would have other headliner members in the group that would be responsible for other types of topics. I feel this way you can stick to what you are best at, and in this case make topics that are important and relevant to other programmers. It also allows you to focus on one area for headlines, which shouldn't make things too overwhelming.
  • StreetDog
  • Born
  • Born
  • StreetDog

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I can make translations from english to spanish. I can receive assignments and to translate them from the Spanis Headlines and tutorial groups.

Believe me, I can translate better than write, and, of course better than the machine.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I could be a website reviewer and/or greeter.

My profile in website reviewing ;)

[url]http://www.ozzu.com/search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=Bogey&fid[]=39&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=1000&t=0&submit=Search[/url]

(Search for me on the ozzu search in the forum 'Website Reviews')

And as a greeter, I think I have adequate amount of 'people skill' to say hello and ask a few questions to make them feel appreciated.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your offer both StreetDog and Bogey :)
  • Himanshu_2009
  • Loc: Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice ideas for ozzu members.
  • axedbydax
  • Born
  • Born
  • axedbydax

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be interested in the OZZU Greeters.
  • frih
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am interested in Website Review Team. Can i be a part of this good team? I will do my best.

Truly speaking, i am not very much active in ozzu but yes i have participated in other forums also like digitalpoint,namepros,etc...but i will become more active here.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Breeze wrote:

Just curious if you have any interest in writing photography tutorials. It's apparent your skills are quite good.

I'd read them... even if you don't get promoted to being a tutorial writer, I'd really want some of those tutorials Breeze :D
  • natas
  • PHP Ninja
  • Proficient
  • natas
  • Loc: AFK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be interested in doing website reviews.. I am an experienced freelance writer and can devote quite a bit of time to this.
  • Reflections
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank u very much for your offer.

I am interested join in your team. I have been working as a SEO analyst since last five years and a good hold on different forums.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

axedbydax wrote:
I would be interested in the OZZU Greeters.

Thanks for being willing to help! Could you please also let us know why you think you would be good at this task? Thanks!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

frih wrote:
I am interested in Website Review Team. Can i be a part of this good team? I will do my best.

Truly speaking, i am not very much active in ozzu but yes i have participated in other forums also like digitalpoint,namepros,etc...but i will become more active here.

Thanks for your interest as well and looking forward to you being more active here! Could you please also post here on why you think you would be a good fit for the website review team. Thanks!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Reflections wrote:
Thank u very much for you offer.

I am interested join in your team. I have been working as a SEO analyst since last five years and a good hold on different forums.

Which area would you be interested in helping in? and why do you think you would be a good fit for that area?

kristan wrote:
I have a data recovery software experience so what kind of task should i handle?

Do any of the tasks we have listed above interest you? If not do you know of some way that you think you could be useful for members at Ozzu? We are open to suggestions if you do not see anything in the list on the first post in this thread.
  • unitec
  • Born
  • Born
  • unitec

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd be happy to help in all issues related to voip like video phone, web conferencing, online tv etc.
I've my master degree in electronics and run a voip review site since 2003.
  • affiliate4dating
  • Born
  • Born
  • affiliate4dating

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm in. Could be pleasant in online marketing (CPA, CPC affiliate programs and so on).

Best regards,
Oleg.
  • hobittual56
  • Born
  • Born
  • hobittual56

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am flattered to be invited to contribute, but as i know such a small amount about web design and construction, and i have only contributed once, i think it is, to the site. I can't see you letting me loose with your best China. Although i am definitely a people person and i would be excellent as a greeter, just not one of those in Wal-Mart. Plus have you considered how an untrained eye envisages what is out there, we are not all experts?
  • pokerknave

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont mind being a meet and greet
  • seohp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • seohp

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great, good Idea ozzu,
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

affiliate4dating wrote:
I'm in. Could be pleasant in online marketing (CPA, CPC affiliate programs and so on).

Best regards,
Oleg.

What exactly would you be interested in doing that is on our list? Or do you have some sort of other idea for a task? Also please let me know why you think you would be good at that.

hobittual56 wrote:
I am flattered to be invited to contribute, but as i know such a small amount about web design and construction, and i have only contributed once, i think it is, to the site. I can't see you letting me loose with your best China. Although i am definitely a people person and i would be excellent as a greeter, just not one of those in Wal-Mart. Plus have you considered how an untrained eye envisages what is out there, we are not all experts?

pokerknave wrote:
I dont mind being a meet and greet

Thanks for your offer both hobittual56 and pokerknave :)
  • aamir777
  • Born
  • Born
  • aamir777
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good idea.

Please count me for Ozzu Greeters.
  • Slim87
  • Born
  • Born
  • Slim87

Post 3+ Months Ago

With u all the way Man......
  • hazephase
  • Born
  • Born
  • hazephase

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to help you guys out. I would like to be a Ozzu Greeters
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Breeze wrote:

I hadn't thought about that - sounds like fun :D I'm up for it BW!
  • lindsay
  • Student
  • Student
  • lindsay

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am very interested to join the group.

i learn many more things from this new group.
  • yomi
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Nigeria

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the opportunity OZZU.

I'd like to be an OZZU Greeter. I do a lot of work outside my employment that involves me greeting people. I deal with new members in my church community, my task is to get them settled and comfortable in a smaller cell group within the church.

I'd also like to participate in the Headliners Group. I would need to stretch myself to do this but I am interested. I just dont know if i can post a message EVERYDAY. I do enjoy exploring new technologies and innovation
  • blueray11
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • blueray11

Post 3+ Months Ago

This proposal may take more review for the good result. But I interested for your proposal.
  • zhouyi
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, so many talents come for this position! It's a little pity,I don't know much about IT tech.
Yes.Some of us benefit from ozzu.com,we'd be happy if we can do something for ozzu.com now.
Cheers.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

For all those who have voiced their concerns about wanting to participate, but not feeling that they're able to contribute IT-wise, I implore you to consider the greeter's role. You can still do your part to help!
  • galacon
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Libertyville, IL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Brian:

I have been meaning to get more involved here, as I have gotten a lot out of the joint already and wouldn't mind giving back a bit...

I am willing to do reviews, tutorials, and write headliners or whatever you need.

Let me know where I can help share the load!

Peace,

Glenn "Gman" Grundberg
  • joebert
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPSGuy wrote:
For all those who have voiced their concerns about wanting to participate, but not feeling that they're able to contribute IT-wise, I implore you to consider the greeter's role. You can still do your part to help!

That's a good point.

I think people without deep technical roots actually make better greeters.
Technical people often times have abrasive personalities, even though they're just trying to help. :)
  • gblondie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gblondie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am interested in partaking in help with the greeting as well. "You know anything to help" I always say!
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm assuming we're not waiting on some type of acceptance msg before we begin? I've started with my posts today, so thought I had better check. :) I know there's the upgraded account and rights to listing topics on front page, but i figured if I was accepted, it wouldn't hurt anything to have a few articles already up.
  • johnsonbryce
  • Born
  • Born
  • johnsonbryce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have a lot of experience with Ozzu, but like the site and use it from time to time. My primary background is databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and some others). I am interested and willing to help, but think I would be best helping someway within my specialty. Are you interested in some special forums dedicated to development issues around some or all of the above mentioned database. If you would, I would be willing to help in that way.

Main topic: Databases
Sub-Topics: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, etc

If not, I may be willing to help with "Special Teams Manager(s)". I have a lot of experience with project management, but would need to know what kind of follow-up you want and what tools/reports you have in order to do this.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

lindsay wrote:
i am very interested to join the group.

i learn many more things from this new group.

Which tasks are you interested in doing from the list? And if so why do you think you would be good at this task? Thanks in advance for further info.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

yomi wrote:

I'd like to be an OZZU Greeter. I do a lot of work outside my employment that involves me greeting people. I deal with new members in my church community, my task is to get them settled and comfortable in a smaller cell group within the church.

I'd also like to participate in the Headliners Group. I would need to stretch myself to do this but I am interested. I just dont know if i can post a message EVERYDAY. I do enjoy exploring new technologies and innovation

Thanks for your offer! I put you down on the list for a possible greeter or headliner. I can tell you would probably be good at both because you are descriptive, and I like that. You mention that you don't think you could post a new headline everyday. If we were to put you on this task list for creating headlines, how often do you think you would be able to come on and post something that is important (headline quality). Also which area of Ozzu do you think you would be creating these topics for? Hardware? Windows? Mac? Linux? All of those areas? Other areas? If we were to put you in this position I would want you to focus on a certain area for topics (which you would headline to the main page).
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

galacon wrote:
Hey Brian:

I have been meaning to get more involved here, as I have gotten a lot out of the joint already and wouldn't mind giving back a bit...

I am willing to do reviews, tutorials, and write headliners or whatever you need.

Let me know where I can help share the load!

Peace,

Glenn "Gman" Grundberg

Hi Glenn aka Gman! That is awesome that you are willing to help out. We have quite a few already wanting to do website reviews, but we do need more people interested in tutorial writing or headlining. If we were to put you as a headliner or a tutorial writer which topic area would you be interested in helping on? What are you good at or what grabs your interest in talking about? For headliners we would want to assign you a certain general topic such as Hardware, Web Design, Programming, General Webmaster topics, SEO, or anything else you are interested in. That way you would just focus on finding headlines for your topic, instead of having to find headlines for things you might not be interested in. We would have other headliners for other topics (that they are interested in), so that people who create headlines are genuinely excited and interested in talking about the topics they are making :)
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • spork
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

galacon wrote:

The first time I read this I thought you said, "I have gotten out of the joint already".
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPSGuy wrote:
I'm assuming we're not waiting on some type of acceptance msg before we begin? I've started with my posts today, so thought I had better check. :) I know there's the upgraded account and rights to listing topics on front page, but i figured if I was accepted, it wouldn't hurt anything to have a few articles already up.

Its great for anybody to help out already even if not assigned to the task. This also allows us to guage if you (or others) would be right for that role. Even if not officially appointed to any of these roles it would be great to have people help out in much of this stuff (such as creating tutorials, greeting people, etc). At this point we are just compiling a list of members and what they are interested in. Soon we will go through the list and appoint those to the official roles. At that point they will become part of the Special Teams group. The ones appointed to the official roles can always go off and help/contribute/participate in other places as well, but the main focus everyday should be to at least complete the tasks that they are agreeing to help on.

Also these special teams will most likely always be an open group. What I mean by that is as new members come to Ozzu we may be adding more to the special teams. Also if certain members aren't doing their part that they agreed to they would most likely go back to a regular member since we are really looking for a dedicated group of people to help out daily with tasks. Things change with time as well, and members that may have time right now to help may not have time in the future. We understand that, but at that time they would be dropped from the group, so that we could replace them with someone else. This is not a bad thing, we would always welcome them back if they had time for it again in the future. The main goal of this group is to decorate those willing to help, and to have some kind of structure in place so that people know what they can do to really help Ozzu become a thriving community.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

johnsonbryce wrote:
I don't have a lot of experience with Ozzu, but like the site and use it from time to time. My primary background is databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and some others). I am interested and willing to help, but think I would be best helping someway within my specialty. Are you interested in some special forums dedicated to development issues around some or all of the above mentioned database. If you would, I would be willing to help in that way.

Main topic: Databases
Sub-Topics: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, etc

If not, I may be willing to help with "Special Teams Manager(s)". I have a lot of experience with project management, but would need to know what kind of follow-up you want and what tools/reports you have in order to do this.

First thanks for your offer on helping! We may be interested in creating a new forum specifically for databases. If we were to do something like that would you be interested in creating tutorials or headlines for this area? Headlines would basically be important topics (maybe in the news, or something really valuable to members) that would be posted at least 3 times a week in this forum. They would also be headlined to the main page of ozzu. If you were interested in tutorials they would need to follow this format:

announcements/tutorial-making-tutorials-for-ozzu-howto-t85736.html

Of course in that new forum many more topics that aren't headline worthy could be created as well, the main focus of a headliner though would be to at least post 3 really important threads each week that can be posted to the main page of ozzu as well. You would simply focus on anything with databases. Let me know your thoughts on this and if you would be interested as a headliner or tutorial writer for this forum if we were to make it.

With regards to a the special teams manager, we do need more members interested in this role as well. If we were to appoint you to that team instead the purpose of the team manager is to make sure everyone is doing their part for the tasks they are agreeing to help on. For members slacking (either by not doing enough or doing things wrong), they would first be talked to so that maybe it can be resolved, and if not resolvable eventually dropped from the group so that they can be replaced with someone else. There wouldn't be very many tools available, but if you have ideas for tools to help assist with this process they could be created. Mainly though it would be the managers responsibility to find out where we need more help, and to remove members not doing their tasks after being talked to.

Thanks!
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds good, thanks for the clarification BWM.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

Competition Creators

I have had some ideas for competitions that i think might be fun and new. I think i would be a good fit in this area as i did take place in many of the competitions when i had time or already had a image made that fit in.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

CowKiller wrote:
Competition Creators

I have had some ideas for competitions that i think might be fun and new. I think i would be a good fit in this area as i did take place in many of the competitions when i had time or already had a image made that fit in.

Thanks for your offer CowKiller! If we were to accept you into this role we would need you to focus on a particular subject with creating competitions. Currently the ones already taken are Photography and Digital Art. Do you have an idea of a new topic that you would like to focus on? Thanks!
  • hax
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I am interested in the writing tutorials. Certain things I'm already good at are:

Virus Cleaning on Microsoft Boxes
Setting up FreeBSD for any purpose (server or workstation)
and pretty much anything else technical.

I'm hosting http://hamen.us.com on my own FreeBSD server. You could also find me on FreeBSD bug tracking system http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/free ... 08160.html

If I am to be approved, I'd like to be added to the "Forum Partners" (brown) area as Free Web Hosting.

Thoughts, criticisms welcome.
Advance Thanks
Greg
  • benevolent001
  • benevolent001

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi , Please take me in for Welcome Team :)

Thanks have a good day
  • malcolm
  • Born
  • Born
  • malcolm

Post 3+ Months Ago

I could offer free hosting
  • zhouyi
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Count me in for competition of Greeter's Role.:)

My Advantage:
I love ozzu.com.I like ozzu.com people,just like they are my friends.
I'm friendly,sincere and willing to help others.
I'm energetic with good personal character.

My disadvantage:not major in computing or software,only learn little IT knowedge myself. But I think it can also be my advantage.
1st reason:people usually come here for tech. help or business necessory, they don't know IT very much. I'll never bring stress to them,because I don't know IT very much neither.
2nd reason:I'll also take part in other groups,Review Group for example.IT talents usually give more suggestion related to Tech..But,I can give suggestion at the standpoint of a looker-on or the site's customer, though I don't know much about Tech.

If I gain this position, will pay much more time at ozzu.com. If failed,I will still stay here for a long time, really like ozzu.com :)
  • Reflections
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Reflections wrote:
Thank u very much for you offer.

Which area would you be interested in helping in? and why do you think you would be a good fit for that area?

I would like to be an Ozzu Greeter. I can interact better with the new commers.
  • beata
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Lithuania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I don't mind to help and to participate in project. Warning - I am not English speaker, I am from Lithuania.

I don't know what sorts of task I could take. Better I will tell about me.
Really I was on Ozu accidentally, don't remember why and what I asked. Really I am not acquainted with structure of OZU although I am member of many forums and always have from them many help.

I am webmaster for 10 years, mostly worked with HTML pages. Three years ago I started to create CMS website (Joomla, Wordpress, E-107, php-fusion).

I work as graphic designer and I am good with Paint Shop pro (studied 7 years), I know Adobe Photoshop, Firework, Corell less.

I created and manage 2 self learning Flash groups for beginner and intermediate level, and CSS1 group as well.

So, decide please where and how I can help in the new teame.
  • Gaza14
  • Born
  • Born
  • Gaza14

Post 3+ Months Ago

ill help
  • winracer

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be interested in anything to do with programming, websites, Network, Telecommunications or anything to do with Information Technology forums.

winracer
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

benevolent001 wrote:
Hi , Please take me in for Welcome Team :)

Thanks have a good day

Thanks for your offer, I appreciate it. Could I ask why you think you would be good for this task?

malcolm wrote:
I could offer free hosting

LOL, no thank you. I appreciate your offer though.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

zhouyi wrote:
Count me in for competition of Greeter's Role.:)

My Advantage:
I love ozzu.com.I like ozzu.com people,just like they are my friends.
I'm friendly,sincere and willing to help others.
I'm energetic with good personal character.

My disadvantage:not major in computing or software,only learn little IT knowedge myself. But I think it can also be my advantage.
1st reason:people usually come here for tech. help or business necessory, they don't know IT very much. I'll never bring stress to them,because I don't know IT very much neither.
2nd reason:I'll also take part in other groups,Review Group for example.IT talents usually give more suggestion related to Tech..But,I can give suggestion at the standpoint of a looker-on or the site's customer, though I don't know much about Tech.

If I gain this position, will pay much more time at ozzu.com. If failed,I will still stay here for a long time, really like ozzu.com :)

I appreciate the offer to help zhouyi!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Reflections wrote:
I would like to be an Ozzu Greeter. I can interact better with the new commers.

Thanks for clarifying! and apreciate you willing to help.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

winracer wrote:
I would be interested in anything to do with programming, websites, Network, Telecommunications or anything to do with Information Technology forums.

winracer

Thanks for your offer winracer! Would you be possibly interested as a Greeter or Website Reviewer? or do you have any other thoughts for how you could help?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

beata wrote:
Hi,

I don't mind to help and to participate in project. Warning - I am not English speaker, I am from Lithuania.

I don't know what sorts of task I could take. Better I will tell about me.
Really I was on Ozu accidentally, don't remember why and what I asked. Really I am not acquainted with structure of OZU although I am member of many forums and always have from them many help.

I am webmaster for 10 years, mostly worked with HTML pages. Three years ago I started to create CMS website (Joomla, Wordpress, E-107, php-fusion).

I work as graphic designer and I am good with Paint Shop pro (studied 7 years), I know Adobe Photoshop, Firework, Corell less.

I created and manage 2 self learning Flash groups for beginner and intermediate level, and CSS1 group as well.

So, decide please where and how I can help in the new teame.

Would you be interested as a Ozzu Greeter or Website Reviewer? An Ozzu greeter would try and make new members feel welcome and also make comments or ask further questions that would seem to relate specifically to that person. A website reviewer would need to be able to analyze websites and be able to provide useful feedback (whether positive or negative feedback) in a friendly way that is useful to the person making the request.
  • beata
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Lithuania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for suggestion.
I think, it will be easier for me as Website Reviewer.

P.S. I don't find in your forum how to add avatar?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

beata wrote:
Thanks for suggestion.
I think, it will be easier for me as Website Reviewer.

P.S. I don't find in your forum how to add avatar?

I put you on our list that you are interested in a Website Reviewer.

With regards to the avatar goto the Main Menu on the top right, then click on "Control Panel", and then click on "Profile" on the right menu area, and then "Edit Avatar"
  • namecritic
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I give up. It's probably too simple. Where do I edit my profile?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • spork
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

namecritic wrote:
Ok, I give up. It's probably too simple. Where do I edit my profile?

In the future just click on the Main Menu on the top right, then goto the Control Panel.
  • namecritic
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ahhh, it was hidden from me. I'm hide and seek challenged.
  • DMWVCS
  • Born
  • Born
  • DMWVCS
  • Loc: Kingsley, Michigan, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have expertise with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and am just getting into Flash and Dreamweaver, but I'd love to help to with tutorial writing or doing some pro bono image work for Ozzu!

Just let me know!

David Weathers
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats for your offer David! I will put you down on the list that you are interested in tutorial writing for the Digital Art and Drawing Forum. If you are interested in creating tutorials for the Flash Forum as well please let me know.

Thanks again!
  • David967
  • Born
  • Born
  • David967

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it , go ahead i support this proposal.
  • yomi
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Nigeria

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
yomi wrote:

Thanks for your offer! I put you down on the list for a possible greeter or headliner. I can tell you would probably be good at both because you are descriptive, and I like that. You mention that you don't think you could post a new headline everyday. If we were to put you on this task list for creating headlines, how often do you think you would be able to come on and post something that is important (headline quality). Also which area of Ozzu do you think you would be creating these topics for? Hardware? Windows? Mac? Linux? All of those areas? Other areas? If we were to put you in this position I would want you to focus on a certain area for topics (which you would headline to the main page).

Thanks BigWeb, I'm glad to be a Greeter and regarding being a Headliner (lol!) Windows and Hardware, at least once a month?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

With regards to a headliner we are looking for about 3 headlines or more per week. Thanks for getting back to me on that. If you ever get more time and you are interested in trying that please let me know.

Meanwhile, I appreciate your help as a Greeter!
  • Janrocks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: between

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for thinking of me.. I don't think I fit the bill at all these days. Moved on into different fields some time ago XD
  • saira
  • saira

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi. Thanks for offer and I would like to join ur team. Let me manage my other activities shortly. In the meanwhile, as I could not participate effectively before, kindly suggest for what I can be best fit? Thanks and best regards,
  • Genevieve11

Post 3+ Months Ago

Free online resources and advice for newbies struggling to make ends meet is hard to come by.

Thanks.

Genevieve11
  • FroG
  • Born
  • Born
  • FroG

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe u could state that what users/members are accessable. I mean Post count etc :)

If this ist matter then i like to be "Ozzu Greeters" or "Website Reviewers"

a nd what about "Tutorial Writers" <--- it meast that person who going to that makeing these tut youself or can actully copyed and some corrections there and maybe stated where he/she get it?:P

Best Regards,
FroG
  • kvikks
  • Born
  • Born
  • kvikks

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I'm very interested in contribute with Website Reviews.

I'm a norwegian web and graphic designer with 10 years of experience who specialises in development of usable and accessible web solutions. Have strong focus on usability, accessibility, web standards and SEO.

I also do graphic design, pre-press and a wide range of other creative work.

Currently working in one of the largest web design company in Norway.

Best reagrds,
Heine Jensvold
  • san_sa_rocky
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am interested! about the site designs view and its performance testing!!
  • GamerMouse
  • Born
  • Born
  • GamerMouse

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't been online in awhile; I let my classes and work take precedence, but the semester is almost over and I will be around more. Until then I'll say that I'd like to be a Competition Creator. I'd think I'd be good here because I'm not online everyday, but competitions are more long term, so that's acceptable to me.
  • catus3
  • Born
  • Born
  • catus3

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.
THANX
CATUS
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good idea.
  • Vatson
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello

I never see that before, and i think that is great idea.

I like Website Reviewers. Can i join this group?

thanks.
  • d true
  • Born
  • Born
  • d true

Post 3+ Months Ago

Impressed, I must say your choice in traffic generation is excellent and easily implemented, however, I am new here and my primary objective was to apply the knowledge that seemingly floats thru this forum.

But, I must ask how did you get your pic's for the avatar reduced to a mere 7kb
If I try I may end up with what we used to refer to as MUD's lol

d true
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

d true wrote:
Impressed, I must say your choice in traffic generation is excellent and easily implemented, however, I am new here and my primary objective was to apply the knowledge that seemingly floats thru this forum.

But, I must ask how did you get your pic's for the avatar reduced to a mere 7kb
If I try I may end up with what we used to refer to as MUD's lol

d true

If you start a new topic on this, I will gladly tell you.
  • waachaa
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Rochester, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just bought a Bronze Membership to help out.
  • CE/ Pyrocy
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Santa Barbara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

How many tutorials would you have to write per month?
Also we should make a 3D section... I would be able to contribute a lot more to that :)
  • joebert
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
How many tutorials would you have to write per month?

I go through the list of Special Teams members once a week, if I don't see any activity from an ST member I add them to a list and see how they're doing via PM.
The next week, if the PM remains unread, I still see no activity, or I get an obvious flaky excuse like "My mom died again", I remove that person from special teams and notify them that they're welcome to reapply at a later date when they're not soo busy.

Quote:
Also we should make a 3D section... I would be able to contribute a lot more to that

Tutorial writers have access to a private forum where tutorials can be stashed in anticipation of new categories. There's been quite a few instances of people suggesting new categories and never following through on adding tutorials for them so Bigwebmaster is a little hesitant about adding new categories without something to put in them.

The private forum can also be used to stash incomplete tutorials. I count works in progress during the weekly checkups, as long as they continue progressing. :)
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
LOL, no thank you. I appreciate your offer though.

LOL BWM LOL

I think I will wait and see how all these very nice offers of help goes. If anything it would be a 'meet and greet' role for me...something easy peasy lol And beata I know from another forum and she is quite clever with Flash as I recall.

Laterzzzzz people!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • hjsh7766
  • hjsh7766
  • Loc: Putian,Fujian,China

Post 3+ Months Ago

That' OK.I would be interested in Website Reviews.
  • arogyam
  • Born
  • Born
  • arogyam

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, I am new here. this forum looks as one of the nice way to start. :)
  • arogyam
  • Born
  • Born
  • arogyam

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am one of the supporter of this Idea. Thumbs up man.
  • maheshvarma
  • maheshvarma

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am in , i would like to give my complete support in the category of website reviewer

i think i can do it because i even reviewed many sites and submitted the reports in many sites

far better i have received good appreciation , i think i was better suitable

honestly good work
  • Solarian
  • Solarian
  • Loc: Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI, I'm interested in this :

Ozzu Greeters - Main responsiblity is to respond to topics in the Introduce Yourself forum. They would make new members feel welcome, ask them questions about who they are and what they do, help them out with using the ozzu interface, etc.

Please tell us why you think you would be a good fit for the task :

I'm a people person who usually has no problem in getting others involved and integrated.
  • chandresh_M
  • Born
  • Born
  • chandresh_M

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,i am doing MCA(master of computer application).I m very much interested in the IT..i would be the one who has all the solution for all the queries..

Thank you.
  • futuramerlin-com
  • futuramerlin-com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very good idea, but I don't have enough time to participate. :-(
  • leicky
  • Born
  • Born
  • leicky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Passing through!
  • Puneet Thakkar
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

its really good idea .. i wud like to participate in it and will surely be an Active member from now :D
will start new threads useful for Ozzu members, welcome new members out here, review websites, mostly will be active in Seo related topics and search engines category
  • j2cool
  • Photographer
  • j2cool

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would love to help. I would like to be a Headliner and/or tutor.

I have amast a great wealth of information over the years working kinda like a jack of all trade and had my hand in quite a few some relating and some no so relating to the website which include but not limited to: executive assistant (working with the state making acutely aware of fiscal year budgeting), secretary (both volunteer & paid work), driving instructor (showing my ability to teach with patient, care, courage and creativity), store clerk, non-profit staff member, photographer intern, writer, volunteer at elementary school and in various other state, city, local and private areas. I have over 20 years experience as a amatuer photographer. I receive an associates degree in photography over two years ago. I have three years in the study of photographic editing, retouch and creative design and much more. A small sampling of work can be viewed at http://www.estellosbest.com & http://www.estellosbest.blogspot.com
  • ecuador
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there still need for help or are you all set?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

ecuador wrote:
Is there still need for help or are you all set?

What were you interested in ecuador?
  • IIHoSTiiiLeII
  • IIHoSTiiiLeII

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would love to help out Ozzu.

I could help out in

- Ozzu Greeters

- Website Reviewers

- Tutorial Writers

I think I could be a good fit for the task because, I am on the Internet a lot. And I visit different web sites. So it would come in handy in witting reviews. also I am experienced in may different programs from Auto Cad to any Anti-virus programs. and I would love to help different people learn how to use these programs. finally greeting people. I know every time I visit a web site and I go to the introduce yourself section, I get reply's from some very nice people. to me it makes the community feel more friendly
  • webdesiges
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • webdesiges

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like this forum interesting topics you provided it great site I am feeling nice to see such a good website.
  • ezquoteguide
  • Born
  • Born
  • ezquoteguide

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great Idea!!, Bring people of different occupation together for alone purpose, I must agree your initiative is appreciable. Nice job
  • namishasingh
  • Born
  • Born
  • namishasingh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
We are creating a new group on ozzu called "Special Teams". The goal of this group is to decorate members who would like to help ozzu in some way. Plus you will get all the benefits of being an Ozzu Gold Member for free as long as you are part of this team.

There are many different members we are looking for to help with all sorts of tasks on ozzu. We are trying to only assign one task per member so that nothing is overwhelming, and that you can still use Ozzu like your normally do. If you see something on the list below and would like to help out please respond to this thread and we may contact you to join this special team. Please tell us why you think you would be a good fit for the task. If you have other ideas in which you could help Ozzu that is not on the list please feel free to offer your suggestion in this thread on what you could do. Here is a starting list of what we need members to help us with:

• Ozzu Greeters - Main responsiblity is to respond to topics in the Introduce Yourself forum. They would make new members feel welcome, ask them questions about who they are and what they do, help them out with using the ozzu interface, etc.
  • Competition Creators - Main responsibility is to be in charge of running more competitions (ones we don't have already)
  • Website Reviewers - Main responsibility is to be extremely responsive to website reviews giving good feeback and making members feel that our website review area is one of the best on the Internet.
  • Tutorial Writers - Main responsibility is to create as many new tutorials as possible for one of our designated tutorial sections. If you have a great deal of experience with a certain section and would like to help out, this might be perfect for you.
  • Headliner's Group - Main responsibility is to start at least one new important topic every day relevant to webmasters, programmers, web designers, etc. They could be topics about something in the news, latest technology, best practices, etc. Members in this group would be able to put their topics on the headline list on the main page of ozzu.
  • Special Teams Manager(s) - Main responsibility is to make sure everyone who is part of the special teams is continuing to participate in the tasks they are designated to. They should encourage and lead special team members, come up with ideas on how they can improve or make things better, etc. Finally managers should remove members no longer actively participating after attempts to try and resolve the situation first.

Again this is just a starting list, we are open to more ideas if you have them. Please respond to this thread if you would like to be placed on this new team, or if you have ideas of a unique way on how you can help the Ozzu community!

hey it's really awesome no word for this type of picture hmmm keep rocking thanks you so much :)
--------
Girish
  • koppaspider
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • koppaspider
  • Loc: Metro:Williamsport

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello there are two positions I am interested in.

1) Website Reviewers
I believe I qualify for this position because I have 5+ years in developing enterprise websites and intranets. I also have a degree in Graphic Designing along with a minor in marketing.

I have a good eye for design and color, and know how to read/write html/css very well.

2) Ozzu Greeters
I believe I qualify for this position because my first (real) job was a customer service rep. for an electronics store. I learned how to provided technical support for those who understood very little about the products that were sold, and I learned to be very friendly (even if I was having a bad day)
  • JamZ
  • Born
  • Born
  • JamZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

jUst saying ,,you could ask me in field of hardware or internal problem about computer..

i am a maintenance of a internet cafe!

i hope i could help you guys!!

see yahh!!

----------------------------------
j@mz!
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Brian and fella Ozzu'ers
Have been pretty inactive for a while, life changed a whole lot and saw this post!. I've finally got myself a new camera, Canon 350d (finally moved away from manual & film!) and Im putting myself forward to help out in the photography section. Had the camera a grand total of 3 days and am at around 500 shots so far... and thats only around the home.

You all know me as the web/graphic designer with wacky layouts, been doing it for some years now and am currently working for an awarding body in the UK as a Systems Developer.

Im sure I can help out in a number of areas and I have been around for a long time so Im hoping you can find some credible posts ;).

let me know if im required, I can't wait to grab a little spare time to add to the photography and digial art sections.

Thanks
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Nucleo. Give it a few for Bigweb or Joebert to see this. I'm sure we can manage to squeeze you in somewhere *wink

Will be nice to have you back and active again!
  • joebert
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went ahead and included you in the Special Teams group so things like attachments/etc are available Nucleo.
My first thought about a group for you would be the Challengers Group for Photography. Bigwebmaster would have to handle you for that group at the moment though.

If you checkout the Usergroups area in your user control panel you'll find a list of groups and what they're purpose is if you want to look around. :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't forget his skills at Digital art also. Still amazed at the skills he has.
  • joebert
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think anyone who sees Nucleos' digital art forgets it. :)

My suggestion is based on this sentence. :D

Quote:
Had the camera a grand total of 3 days and am at around 500 shots so far... and thats only around the home.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

cheers guy, dont bloat the ol'ego lol
actually, my cam is a 400d lol. been out and about today, should be posting some stuff soon
  • Staticstriker

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to be on the Team. O-o I'm very good at introducing new members to the site... Even though I'm new. Lol. And also I will try my best to be active in the forums. :P
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone,

I haven't been active on Ozzu for some time now, but I would like to become active again and help the community. I have been quite busy with school and web design activities last year, but I have more free time now, which makes me able to get active again and hopefully join the special team.

I would like to do Competition Creation. Competitions are something I always really enjoy on forums. You learn a lot from helping other people out with coding and design problems, but the competition area is however where I learn most. People get really creative there and you see techniques that you didn't think of before. Also the voting part makes everything exciting too.

So, that brings me to the main reason why I see myself fit: I like competitions. I also hope that I have proven myself to be a helpful member of Ozzu and I hope to get this chance to join the Special Team. I already have some nice ideas for competitions ;)

And, off topic, I have written some CSS tutorials on my own blog. I'm okay with reposting (some of) them at Ozzu, if you guys would like me to do that. According to the amounts of comments I got on those, they were not too bad. (http://www.onyx-design.net/weblog2/css/)

-Fabian
  • rebecca16
  • rebecca16

Post 3+ Months Ago

being a newbie... can i apply for this also?
  • yzf888
  • Born
  • Born
  • yzf888

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good board, i love it.
  • krupakar2u
  • Born
  • Born
  • krupakar2u

Post 3+ Months Ago

A Big Hello '2' all the OZZUs out here...!!
I am Krupakar T. Joshua, New Delhi, India. I Like 2 do Research in Computer Hardware & Software. Always ready to share my Experiences & Knowledge
Anybody who wishes to share his/her Experiences is most welcome 2 send Private Messages and any kind of Study Material. I love 2 Learn anything that is New or Interesting in Computer Hardware and Software

Waiting eagerly to Meet someone who can be a Friend, Guide, Tutor Godfather.... etc till the day I feel that I know everything in Computers

Signing Off with Lots of Good Wishes '2' all OZZUs and Netizens

Happy Internet Browsing

Regards

Krupakar T. Joshua
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seems that my free time doesn't allow me to get too involved in this, but from time to time i can help with some flash tutorials.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

IceCold you are welcome to join the tutorial writers group. We have a private spot for the group. If you think you can contribute perhaps at least one or two a month, just send a PM to Joebert and he'll add you to the group.

If not, still feel welcome to contribute when you can.
  • Maryam77
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be interested in Ozzu greeters just hope its not to much work, what are the benefits?
  • hackmaster
  • Born
  • Born
  • hackmaster

Post 3+ Months Ago

I want to join to post for ASP and Hacking if u make a forum for it.

Thanks,
Regards,
HackMaster
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

ASP discussions can be posted in the Programming Board HackMaster. And OZZU does not permit discussions or topics on hacking. There will never be a forum for it.

announcements-rules/ozzu-rules-and-regulations-t697.html
Quote:
Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed. The definition of cracks also includes, but is not limited to, threads or links pertaining to the subject of circumventing any security or privacy measures intentionally placed by manufacturers in their hardware and/or software.
  • seohp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • seohp

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good idea, as I am in SEO/SEM from long time, I can handle seo related part.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know this isn't typically accepted practice here, but I'd like to "bump" this topic with a bit of elaboration...

For those who aren't aware, I'm a member of the Headliner's group. I've received outstanding support from other moderators in times when I couldn't get to the PC, but I would love to get someone on Special Teams who could assist in keeping our community informed and entertained.

I've found that this is a great way to meet other members, practice writing skills, sharpen up debate points, and get yourself recognized. If anyone is interested in participating, I'd be glad to walk you through the process and give you some tips to help.

If you've got a knack for writing (i.e. a firm understanding of plagiarism and how to avoid it) and a few hours a week to surf the web (c'mon - you know you do that anyways :D ), that's all it takes. Shoot me a message or reply here and we can talk. Thanks!
  • Karolis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Karolis

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want my help I can give you.
The thinks I can do is:
I can provide the help with web building and designing. Also by making tutorials and learning by myself new things.
I can make some videos on youtube with which can be linked to ozzu
I can accept with these rules too.

# welcome, ask them questions about who they are and what they do, help them out with using the ozzu interface, etc.

# Competition Creators - Main responsibility is to be in charge of running more competitions (ones we don't have already)

# Website Reviewers - Main responsibility is to be extremely responsive to website reviews giving good feeback and making members feel that our website review area is one of the best on the Internet.

# Tutorial Writers - Main responsibility is to create as many new tutorials as possible for one of our designated tutorial sections. If you have a great deal of experience with a certain section and would like to help out, this might be perfect for you.
# Headliner's Group - Main responsibility is to start at least one new important topic every day relevant to webmasters, programmers, web designers, etc. They could be topics about something in the news, latest technology, best practices, etc. Members in this group would be able to put their topics on the headline list on the main page of ozzu.

# Special Teams Manager(s) - Main responsibility is to make sure everyone who is part of the special teams is continuing to participate in the tasks they are designated to. They should encourage and lead special team members, come up with ideas on how they can improve or make things better, etc. Finally managers should remove members no longer actively participating after attempts to try and resolve the situation first.

Of course I am new here but I know how to use this website, make tutorials about web sites and give a help and provide some help or also make tutorials on how to use Adobe Photoshop.
Responsibilities of making videos, of course I cannot make videos every day but I can make about one or two videos on my own time in a week.

Actually I don't care about being gold member but I just can accept to help you guys improve your website by playing this rules.

Note: If that part time job would become for me to hard or to difficult, I will be happy to inform you fast as possible.

Let me know what you think.
  • seojockey
  • Born
  • Born
  • seojockey
  • Loc: New Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

New members and sometimes regular members makes a mistake of posting in wrong (irrelevant) threads.

I'd suggest a post of "Thread Moderator", responsibility of these moderators would be to take care that all members should be posting in relavent threads, they should also guide new members about correct threads to write-in.

Threads are good to read only when we are not diverted from the main topic.

There are many instances where members are looking for a code sample as the answer to their queries, I myself had many a times opted to just copy-paste the code and will later look into that code.

So another post "Code Gurus" is suggested. It is mandatory for a Code guru to help when they see that the member is not able to get their doubts solved. I belive that unsatisfied member is like a infection in the group.

I'd also like to be Ozzu Greeter.
  • MOC
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Ocean City , Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am in ! I think I can be useful

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 149 posts