Looking for members to help Ozzu

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

We are creating a new group on ozzu called "Special Teams". The goal of this group is to decorate members who would like to help ozzu in some way. Plus you will get all the benefits of being an Ozzu Gold Member for free as long as you are part of this team.

There are many different members we are looking for to help with all sorts of tasks on ozzu. We are trying to only assign one task per member so that nothing is overwhelming, and that you can still use Ozzu like your normally do. If you see something on the list below and would like to help out please respond to this thread and we may contact you to join this special team. Please tell us why you think you would be a good fit for the task. If you have other ideas in which you could help Ozzu that is not on the list please feel free to offer your suggestion in this thread on what you could do. Here is a starting list of what we need members to help us with:

• Ozzu Greeters - Main responsiblity is to respond to topics in the Introduce Yourself forum. They would make new members feel welcome, ask them questions about who they are and what they do, help them out with using the ozzu interface, etc.
  • Competition Creators - Main responsibility is to be in charge of running more competitions (ones we don't have already)
  • Website Reviewers - Main responsibility is to be extremely responsive to website reviews giving good feeback and making members feel that our website review area is one of the best on the Internet.
  • Tutorial Writers - Main responsibility is to create as many new tutorials as possible for one of our designated tutorial sections. If you have a great deal of experience with a certain section and would like to help out, this might be perfect for you.
  • Headliner's Group - Main responsibility is to start at least one new important topic every day relevant to webmasters, programmers, web designers, etc. They could be topics about something in the news, latest technology, best practices, etc. Members in this group would be able to put their topics on the headline list on the main page of ozzu.
  • Special Teams Manager(s) - Main responsibility is to make sure everyone who is part of the special teams is continuing to participate in the tasks they are designated to. They should encourage and lead special team members, come up with ideas on how they can improve or make things better, etc. Finally managers should remove members no longer actively participating after attempts to try and resolve the situation first.

Again this is just a starting list, we are open to more ideas if you have them. Please respond to this thread if you would like to be placed on this new team, or if you have ideas of a unique way on how you can help the Ozzu community!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zhouyi
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great idea. Totally support this proposal!!
  • cjxxi
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • cjxxi
  • Loc: Fort Worth, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am in, I would like to help with something that is not on the list, and where areas is needed, as a developer, and/or help maintain/moderate the programming forums.

Please tell us why you think you would be a good fit for the task:

In my experience as a developer for several years, I believe I have come across some of the best practices to do things that are in many cases not so easy to do. I also know the responsibility that it takes.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be interested in Website Reviews. Not so much from a code aspect (yes I do write with html/xhtml/css but I don't think I do it well enough to review someone elses work), but I would love to give feedback on site design.

I have been doing graphic/site design for the last 5 years and Ozzu has helped me out on multiple sites with some great feedback. I have offered up some feedback and I hope that it has been helpful.
  • gblondie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gblondie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I say no problem. This is a perfect, always looking for a way to help others. Now is there any specific time frame on getting back to you on :
Bigwebmaster wrote:
Please tell us why you think you would be a good fit for the task.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

gblondie wrote:
I say no problem. This is a perfect, always looking for a way to help others. Now is there any specific time frame on getting back to you on :
Bigwebmaster wrote:
Please tell us why you think you would be a good fit for the task.

I wouldn't say there is any specific time frame, but you won't be offered anything unless you tell us what you are interesting in doing and why you would be good for that task. This will most likely be an open thread for awhile, but no guarantees. The sooner you respond the better chance you will get offered something to do.
  • gblondie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gblondie

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK great, thank you.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Added a new task to the list above called "Headliner's Group" for people designated to creating immportant topics on Ozzu. Also added a new task called "Special Teams Manager" for members to help manage this group and to make sure people are staying active.
  • usmanz
  • Born
  • Born
  • usmanz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Since I am into website designing, I can offer to review websites.
Can I be enrolled only as a website reviewer?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about a "Member site of the day" group ?
Members in this group would be on the lookout for eye-catching sites in member profiles/signatures/etc.
Sites wouldn't have to be limited to "domain.com/etc", they could be Deviant Art profiles, Flickr profiles, etc.

When they find one, they create a thread with an overview of the site in a "Site of the Day" forum.
This new thread would require approval similar to the tutorial forums so that multiple sites can be qued by each of the groups members while still keeping with the one-a-day theme.

Approval would follow a first-in-first-out rule, except when it would cause one members threads to be approved two days in a row while there's more than one members submissions in the que, to try and keep it fair.

Both the group leader, and the "Headliners" group could be responsible for approving and possibly headlining one Site of the Day each day.
  • ASAP
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ASAP
  • Loc: NYC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be very interested in reviewing site designs or being a greeter.

I've been doing freelance web design and development for the past 5+ years, as well as participating in various communities across the web and in real life. I'm fairly talented in starting interesting discussions, even though my activity on Ozzu is rather limited.

I have a very strong analytical mind, able to offer constructive criticism on designs, information flow and SEO.

Writing tutorials or news would also be of interest to me, however, I cannot guarantee that I can provide information on a daily basis, given my freelance duties. However, I am putting together a personal blog site, which I can syndicate content to you as I produce it.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

usmanz wrote:
Since I am into website designing, I can offer to review websites.
Can I be enrolled only as a website reviewer?

Thanks for your offer! Since you don't have much posting history that I can review on ozzu (yet), can you please tell me what kind of web design experience you have and why you think you would be a good fit for this task? Thanks!
  • 7Hunters
  • Loc: Missouri

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be interested in producing video or text tutorials based from questions in the forum.

I have been a webmaster for ten years, taught for five, and am certified expert through Adobe in Photoshop and Dreamweaver. I would probably put a link back to my web site where I blog about weekly technology stuff (it's non-commercial, 0 ads.)
  • cjxxi
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • cjxxi
  • Loc: Fort Worth, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

any reply for me?
  • wolfmanz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Arizona

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be very much interested.

I would like to try my hand in the areas of "Website Reviewers and Tutorial Writers."

I have a degree in CS and over 30 years of experience in everything from Large mainframe databases to small database/data driven web sites.

I like doing research to try and find answers to questions about the computer world.

I have been out of the loop for a while, but am getting back into it, and know I could provide positive, informative answers to those in need.

Thanks,
Wayne
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

cjxxi wrote:
any reply for me?

Right now we are gathering a list of everyone interested. I am mainly replying to those who I need further feedback from before putting them on the list. You stated your experience clearly which is why I never asked for more information from you with regards to that. I do have a question for you though with regards to what you are wanting to do to help.

You mention that you have come across many of the "best practices", so would yu be interesting in creating tutorials on these? Or what exactly are you interested in being responsible for? We aren't really looking for moderators on any of our forums since we seem to have the spam situation under control. We are looking more for members that are designated as leaders responsible for certain areas on ozzu. These members would be responsible to keeping their section active and responsive so that the community is thriving.

You also said you would be interested in helping where needed "as a developer", what exactly do you mean by that? Are you referring to helping with the Ozzu interface, backend programming and stuff for ozzu? Or are you referring to helping members on Ozzu? Thanks in advance for clarifying :)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

7Hunters wrote:
I would be interested in producing video or text tutorials based from questions in the forum.

I have been a webmaster for ten years, taught for five, and am certified expert through Adobe in Photoshop and Dreamweaver. I would probably put a link back to my web site where I blog about weekly technology stuff (it's non-commercial, 0 ads.)

I think both video and text tutorials would be great! You would basically be part of the tutorials team if accepted. So just for clarification, do you think the majority of your tutorials would be on Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver? I need to know specifically what kind of tutorials you are interested in creating. Thanks!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

wolfmanz wrote:
I would be very much interested.

I would like to try my hand in the areas of "Website Reviewers and Tutorial Writers."

I have a degree in CS and over 30 years of experience in everything from Large mainframe databases to small database/data driven web sites.

I like doing research to try and find answers to questions about the computer world.

I have been out of the loop for a while, but am getting back into it, and know I could provide positive, informative answers to those in need.

Thanks,
Wayne

Thanks for your interest! With regards to tutorial writing, is there a certain topic you want to focus most on? Maybe a particular programming language or database specific tutorials? or all of the above? or something else?
  • namecritic
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Miami Beach

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Website Reviewers - Main responsibility is to be extremely responsive to website reviews giving good feeback and making members feel that our website review area is one of the best on the Internet.

I can help out there. I haven't been as active here as I'd like to be. Always busy with client websites.

On the reviews, there are different ways to review sites. I'm not a designer so I would not be reviewing design elements except as to how they might affect SEO or sales for the website owner.

Where I specialize is being able to help someone convert more sales or generate more leads by how calls to action are used and helping improve the website's optimization and content.

I'd be happy to review websites and give free advice for those topics.

My qualifications? Internet marketing since 1995. Started out buying and selling domain names. Have most of my clients not only ranking well for competitive search terms but also have improved their sales at the same time. 30+ years as a salesman, 14 of those on the web.

So I'd be happy to offer my 2 cents worth when asked. I understand it takes a team to run a good forum and would like to particpate more.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

namecritic - I think that is excellent and I completely agree there are numerous aspects that you can review websites on besides design elements. SEO, usability, and sales conversion (if they are selling something) is very important. Thanks for your offer in helping out here.
  • digioz
  • Loc: Chicago, IL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be happy to help out as an Ozzu Greeter. Haven't been posting a whole lot on the forums, but I have been following the programming forums on a regular basis. Would be happy to contribute back in any shape or form.
  • Snerdey
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can count Snerdey to perform reviews based on whatever the user is seeking :)

Website Reviewers - Main responsibility is to be extremely responsive to website reviews giving good feeback and making members feel that our website review area is one of the best on the Internet.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your offer digioz and Snerdey :)
  • Snerdey
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

All you have to do is ask :)
  • MadPaddy
  • Born
  • Born
  • MadPaddy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm Only new on this forum but i can help with most laptop and desktop hardware/software problems as im an ex dell employe and have been building computers since i was 12(got my first computer when i was 6 a commodore vic20!!!!)and i am allways glad to help and have plenty off time on my hands so i hope i can be off some use to the forum and its members.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be interested in being a website reviewer - I haven't been too active of late on Ozzu due to starting university but things are calming down now. :)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your offer Breeze :)
  • joloso02
  • Born
  • Born
  • joloso02

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would be very interested in participating, specially in spanish since it is more easy for me
thanks

jose l.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

joloso02 wrote:
i would be very interested in participating, specially in spanish since it is more easy for me
thanks

jose l.

Thanks for your offer, what tasks would you be interested in helping on?
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll offer to help out with the headliner's group. If I could, I'd like to stay native to the Programmer's thread, but I could probably find other filler if necessary.

I think I could be a good fit for this position because I work in the field - I am a Jr. Developer at a large Mortgage Company who prides themselves on staying with the cutting edge. I work full-time on our internal Web applications, while also developing desktop applications occasionally (C#). My work experience includes Java, C#, PHP, and perl, thus I have a wide basis of language knowledge. I am immersed in the techonology field, so I also 'have my ear to the ground', so to speak.

I'd love to see participation ramp back up a bit.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 150 posts