OZZU RULES AND REGULATIONS

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities of all members of the board at http://www.ozzu.com/

Please read it and become familiar with it, as by posting anywhere on this board you agree to it. If a rule is broken you shall be warned and your post / options may be modified.

Board-wide Policies

1. Forum Rules
    1. Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
    2. Requests for reviews for your website, and posts regarding job offers need to be made in the respective forums. You must follow the guidelines in those forums for your post to remain. If you post a review request or job opportunity anywhere other than those two forums, they will will most likely be removed by our staff.
    3. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
    4. Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed. The definition of cracks also includes, but is not limited to, threads or links pertaining to the subject of circumventing any security or privacy measures intentionally placed by manufacturers in their hardware and/or software.
    5. Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Finally chatspeak is NOT allowed (e.g. i wan dat, please fone me). Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
    6. Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "Formatting Windows XP", "Blurry fonts in Flash", etc.
    7. Members are welcome to use the test forum for general "test purposes". These may include checking signatures, testing a link or image, etc. (subject to previous points on decency, warez, etc.). Users posting in the test forum just to increase their post counts will be warned.
    8. Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, etc. We may let an ocassional spam go through in the General Forum as long as the poster is quite active in Ozzu. If your first post is spam I can guarantee you it will be removed. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
    9. If you're caught shilling, you will be immediately banned and will not be allowed to come back. A shill is an owner, employee or associate of a seller of products or services who pretends (or purposefully omits) any association with the product or service, while pretending to be a satisfied customer or interested bystander. People who omit an association with a product or service for other reasons (they're paid to post about it, they're helping a friend, etc.) so that they can help promote it are also shills. Do not shill.
    10. Members are not to post link exchange threads. Requests for link exchanges will be removed without notification to the poster.
    11. The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
    12. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
    13. Cookie stuffing will not be tolerated. Cookie stuffing or cookie dropping is a technique used to generate fraudulent affiliate sales. It involves placing an affiliate tracking cookie on a website visitor's computer without their knowledge, which will then generate revenue for the person doing the cookie stuffing. This can be done with an image or any other type of multimedia in a post that doesn't point to an actual image or media, but instead points to an affiliate link. Anybody caught cookie stuffing will be banned without warning.
    14. Members will not be able to post links until they have been registered for 30 days and have at least 20 posts.
  2. Signatures
    1. Members can have signatures once they are registered for 30 days and have at least 20 posts.
    2. Signatures may contain up to three lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of text (of small or normal size) and/or possibly one image (read farther for specifics), valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 100px high, 468px wide and 8KB in size. Signatures containing an image of 60px high or less may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 15px high or less may include two lines of small size text. Any signature can contain a maximum of only 2 links.
    3. Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to decency, warez, emoticons, etc.
    4. Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Ozzu material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.
    5. Users abusing these rules will be warned.
  3. Avatars
    1. Users are permitted to utilise a gallery avatar or to upload one of their own. User defined avatars are to be no larger than 120 pixels by 120 pixels, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), and may not exceed 7KB in filesize.
    2. Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, etc.
    3. Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
  4. Inline Images
    1. Do not post any inline images larger than 600px wide
    2. Keep file sizes for inline images under 300 KB, otherwise use an external link
    3. Inline images are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, etc.
    4. Users abusing these rules will be warned with posts potentially edited or removed
  5. Policing
    1. Ozzu Webmaster Forum operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
    2. Arguing with team members (moderators) after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
    3. Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact any Supermoderator ( memberlist.php?mode=group&g=23640 ) or the current admin, Bigwebmaster. If they feel you were treated badly they may remove a warning. Their decision is final. Contacting Supermoderators over warning matters should be done so as a very last resort ... they do not want to be bothered unless vital.
    4. Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account of evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
    5. An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members (moderators) personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
    6. Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While Ozzu Webmaster Forum may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurence.

Last Updated: Thursday, December 15, 2011

We reserve the right to modify these at any time.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

What keeps changing in here BWM?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Avatars and Policing regulations were added today.
  • natural_angel33
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Las Vegas, NV (blech!)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm posting this because I think it might be beneficial to other new people.

Can you tell me what exactly are "warez" and "cracks"?
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Warez is software that is illegally distributed, thereby breaking National & International Copyright laws.

Cracks are applications designed to circumnavigate anti-piracy measures in applications (serial numbers, checks to make sure the CD-Rom is a legitimate copy, etc.)
  • kuttan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hai admin,

I am very very sorry. I didnt read the rulez care fully. I am sorry. I wont repeat it again
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

No prob kuttan -- thanks. We're glad to have you here at OZZU.
  • disgust
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • disgust

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks I never really knew what warez was lol
  • world4health
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Miami

Post 3+ Months Ago

kuttan wrote:
Hai admin,

I am very very sorry. I didnt read the rulez care fully. I am sorry. I wont repeat it again

That's why reading forums rules is important, I learnt that the hard, glad to have you here thou 8)
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Question about sigs... I know we're allowed two lines of text and one image, but what about the other way around? Like:

1 line of text (ie. name)
Two 88x31 buttons

*pleading look* I understand if the answer's no. :(
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

if the combined images don't break any rules, sure. we would prefer you to use only one image though.

that being said, if both images don't add up to more than 6kb, or go
over the size limitations, I don't see why not. But remeber, you only get
2 total links no matter what you use.
  • redhawk

Post 3+ Months Ago

AWWW, More images means more load time on my 56k!!! (Yes, I do have a 56er, please dont laugh at me.)

Just go ahead and post your images, after all, it only hurts little old me :)

Note to all: I am kidding here, well except for the 56k part, I really am on a 56er.
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

it should be faster... if images are 6kb~ and not like 30-60kbs :|
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got a question on flash sigs, are we allowed to use sound?

(the sound would be auto off and need to be turned on)
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know how you'd be able to use sound in a 6kb filesize, but I would highly recommend not using sound.
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some of us are on 56k....be nice.
  • Emersed
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: New Zealand

Post 3+ Months Ago

Greetings to you all !

:shock: putting music on flash and trying to have it below 6k I will let you know when I succeed at that. Not even a 8bit would be below that..... hmm......

by the way. Good ground rules and regulations

YAY for spell check.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

unfortunately, you won't be able to add music to your footer or your avatar. Although
its not specifically spelled out in our rules (maybe it should be), we simply can't allow it.
Welcome to OZZU though! I hope to see you stick around a long time.

Enjoy OZZU! :mrgreen:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good Lord, Yes!!!...add it to the rules if necessary! Music in a forum post would drive me nuts!
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

That would be insane. Anytime you went to the thread page that contained that post, the music would start playing. :shock:
  • Emersed
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: New Zealand

Post 3+ Months Ago

WOuld also drive me insane.... I can not stand those midi tunes on some websites ..... [ add shivering human here ]

Thank you for the welcome. I am going to enjoy being amongst likeminded self motivated artists and intelligence.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great to have you here enjoying OZZU Emersed, but please, if you do get a flash file under 6kb with music, post it as an offsite link for reference value in the flash forum. *grins.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just adore atno's posts, so expressive lol
Quote:
Good Lord, Yes!!!...add it to the rules if necessary! Music in a forum post would drive me nuts!

:lol:
suzie.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

They have started putting sound effects in flash adverts now :evil: (ebay.co.uk as an eg) worst thing is, by the time the flash has finished loading, I have scrolled down the page a bit and can't see it. Confuses the hell out of me. And yes you can turn sound off, but it comes back ON EVERY NEW PAGE!!!!

So I turned of my speakers and quit whining :roll: but seriously, people should think about these things, you wouldn't put one of those tacky greetings-card sound things in a book or a magazine would you? Grrrrr
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm
not sure but how would this work
a flash file, which is under 6kb.
this file contains a button to load another external movie clip, which can contain any size file. because then the users aren't forced to download the extra movie clip?...it is then their choice.

hmm
im gonna experiment :)
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

my sig is what i came up with so far, nothing special, cus i dont know if u guys allow it lol

if it is, then i will add the controls.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok then, maybe not allowed, but this is what i came up with anyway :D

<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH="304" HEIGHT="30" id="sig">
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://www.nucleo.co.uk/ozzu/sig.swf"><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=low><PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#FFFFFF><EMBED src="http://www.nucleo.co.uk/ozzu/sig.swf" quality=low bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH="34" HEIGHT="30" NAME="poll0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

is my sig ok?
'
btw its 80 pixels high.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I'll take the ball and say that since you've managed to keep the file size roughly half of what we ask for, I don't see the little extra on height as that big of deal. The worst culprits are those that have huge file sizes.
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok if anyone says anything i will take it off.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's easily within the rules:

468x100 less than 6kb.
  • deepesh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • deepesh
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had been warned for my sig, I will be correcting it soon.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks deepesh!
  • John Lord
  • Born
  • Born
  • John Lord
  • Loc: Redding, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The easiest way to use sound in a 6kb limit would be to post a player link to a small midi file. Do NOT use autostart=true or you'll drive everyone nuts wondering where the music's coming from in a forum page (any page where the code runs). At least with autostart=false, they can choose whether or not they want to hear it.

Sample code might look something like this:

<a>Play a little music: </a><embed src="http://www.mybonbon.com/midi-go-round/2lovers.mid" WIDTH="100" HEIGHT="40" autostart="false">
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

John Lord wrote:
The easiest way to use sound in a 6kb limit would be to post a player link to a small midi file. Do NOT use autostart=true or you'll drive everyone nuts wondering where the music's coming from in a forum page (any page where the code runs). At least with autostart=false, they can choose whether or not they want to hear it.

Sample code might look something like this:

<a>Play a little music: </a><embed src="http://www.mybonbon.com/midi-go-round/2lovers.mid" WIDTH="100" HEIGHT="40" autostart="false">

That's a pretty cool idea. :wink:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

it would work but HTML has been disabled from posts here.
  • Denni08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Denni08
  • Loc: Cincy Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there any possible way that you can get kicked off of ozzu.com?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, however it's mostly only those who's only purpose is to come here and spam. However, as noted in the rules, being abusive to other members or moderators and other items mentioned will lead to a warning. If you ignore warnings from moderators your posting priveleges could be revoked.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just letting you all know that the Rules and Regulations have been updated. The section updated is rule 1d and it explicitly prohibits chatspeak here. Ignoring a warning and continuing to break this rule will result in your handle being banned. Be warned.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh i got to watch what i say becouse i say "lol" in my odd post
is there anything that is ok like "lol"?
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't see why LOL would be much of a problem, I think it's more along the lines of people who talk like this:

Quote:
i dun c y lol wud b much ova prob, i tink it more long da lines o ppl hoo talk like this.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

And to those of you who may be reading b_heyer's post above and thinking to yourself "Hey, he's making fun of me", then I challenge you...

B_heyer is probably not much older than you if not the same age or younger, and is living proof that you can do something with your life no matter what age you are.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went throught the whole quick typing phase, mostly when I was playing games on my PC and needed to type stuff really fast. Then I realized ppl and people take about the same amount of time to type ;)

*glows* thanks for the kind words.
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Eagle Vale, Sydney (Campbo Chickadee)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh I'm so glad you added that rule Bigweb
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

so i am gusssing by the other posts that there is a little give to this rule but not much. i think it is a good idea, hafe thhe time i cant read/know what there are saying.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

i hate chatspeak/writing entire sentences in "7331/ is gets tedious after a while. i can see that some people are using it as a complete substitute for the english language. tsk²
  • X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

13 years old. Never typed like that in my life

People seem to enjoy making themselves look like idiots by using chatspeak. They can go ahead. Its great fun to make fun of them! :D
  • hijackerssuck
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Perhaps it is fun to make fun of them. However, the annoyance I get from excessive chatspeak outweighs the fun. I would prefer people not to do it at all when many people would be reading the posts. I'm used to using some common chatspeak (lol, ppl, and srry mostly) so notify me if I ever slip up.
  • hijackerssuck
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very very sorry, moderators. I didn't think it would be considered annoying. From now on, I will view only the first page. I apologize again. Please forgive me. Very sorry. :oops: :( No more old topics for me.

Please don't ban me. I apologize again and plead forgiveness. I don't want to cause trouble.

By the way, this is referring to the dig through for old threads topic.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

there's really no need to apologize, you havne't done anything wrong. I think you took our little warning (laced with humor I might add) a little too personal and serious. I replied with more in your other thread. No worries mate, enjoy ozzu! :D
  • hijackerssuck
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

whew, I was pretty scared. Thanks, friend.
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

question: there is no real ban on using random images on your sig is there? I noticed it only seems to accept known image types for the image.. for instance, PHP doesn't work.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Click b_heyer's sig graphic here:
http://www.ozzu.com/programming-forum/question-for-heyer-t1957.html&hig ... age+script

Or just go here:
http://before-reality.net/index/bio/random132.html
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Click b_heyer's sig graphic here:
http://www.ozzu.com/programming-forum/question-for-heyer-t1957.html&hig ... age+script

Or just go here:
http://before-reality.net/index/bio/random132.html

I created one that works.. I have it on right now. I was just asking because I didn't know if it was against any unspoken rules or anything since it wouldn't allow the php ending of the image I had to make it parse a .jpg which made me wonder if there wasn't some reason why it was that way.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Things changed since b_heyer did his sig change script here. HTML is no longer allowed and not sure the BBCode will actually support it. Not that it's banned, but you have to use BBcode in your sig, just like in posts, so I'm not sure if what you want to do will work anymore.
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Things changed since b_heyer did his sig change script here. HTML is no longer allowed and not sure the BBCode will actually support it. Not that it's banned, but you have to use BBcode in your sig, just like in posts

alright, thanks. guess I'll still have to use this the way it is, I'd rather have it random on every page load.
  • nonamehidden
  • Loc: Savannah, GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sory, guys
I will read rules carefully
  • alpha
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

ooppsss sorry for that Bigwebmaster. haven't read the rules for sigs. Already fixed it. thanks.
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Colorado, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm fine with following the rules,but where the heck is the link to them?????
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Colorado, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

i got my flash image at 468 x 100 like it said in the rules,i got it uploaded and working but i cant get the looping to work..anyone know how to get the looping to work on a flash image as a sig?
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It loops for me X. Seems to be working just fine.
  • Captain-Nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: North Lincolnshire, UK.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just out of curiosity, why was XDUDE banned?
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is a long story Captain-Nick. Could you please stop digging old posts?
  • Captain-Nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry. I just noticed he was banner from his last post on this page.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep, he had an intolerable attitude to the extreme of offending other people.
  • Captain-Nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aah, okay :).

Another question, this one more relevant. About chatspeak. Would shortening words, like because to 'cause, be considered chatspeak? Or would it be tolerable?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is a normal acceptable abbreviation for "because" Captain-Nick and not normal for chatspeak anyway. One of my old net handles was BKOZ which semi-sorta meant the same thing but it's spelled that way intentionally for personal reasons. As noted elsewhere, it's a half second difference to type because vs. 'cause. I'd be willing to bet that you found OZZU through a Google search, and I bet your search phrase was spelled correctly. That should be at least one clue why we are so conscious about chatspeak. Leave chatspeak for chat where it belongs. Not on a professional board intended for professional support.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, that type of word are not considered chatspeak, but they are a little difficult to read and some people find it very annoying, so we try to avoid them.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like always, a few seconds behind ATNO *lol
  • Captain-Nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't usually use abreviations like that for speed of typing, but more to represent how I'd generally talk to someone in a relaxed sitiation. And you're right ATNO, I did find Ozzu through Google :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

*lol you won't find semi-sorta or just plain sorta in the dictionary either. But I use both frequently because that's the way I talk. Talking / typing (as you would normally talk is fine. And it helps to provide a flavor for the individual's personality. But chatspeak serves no purpose but to identify an individual as being lazy or too much in a hurry to pay attention to the details at hand and doesn't belong in a forum. It belongs in chat where it originated. Common accepted "emotions" like *lol are not frowned upon here.
  • Captain-Nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

labrego wrote:
No, that type of word are not considered chatspeak, but they are a little difficult to read and some people find it very annoying, so we try to avoid them.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

(I would have put this in the last post, but I can't edit my posts here. If you feel it best to remove the double post, then could you put this in the last one. Thanks)
  • Captain-Nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Chatspeak does seem quite pointless. I'm sure if the people who use chatspeak just typed what they had to say in plan English, they'd soon learn to type quickly. I used to type in chatspeak a lot over MSN, but when I started my GCSE's, I found in ICT I was writing 'the purpos of this softwr in this orgnization...' in my essays, so I decided to stop :lol:
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
That is a normal acceptable abbreviation for "because" ....

<sigh>

You're killing me. :)
  • xerxes
  • Born
  • Born
  • xerxes

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello there.. thanks for accepting me in your site..
the first time i saw this site it interest me alot..
cause now im dealing with linux and redhot system..
but i have problem, im not too familiar with it..
now im working in a university.. and the president of
out school given me a program to work out with..
but the program is really hard for me.. about a Enrolment system,
of how to make the enrolment process more faster and easy to manage.
my using php,HTML but im not sure yet what library or data base i could use.. please help.. what is the easy way to store data... and how to.. clue codes if you have... php codes or HTLM...
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome xerxes

Please repost this question in our Programming board. Try to add a few more specific details about the project, if possible. At the moment your post is a little hard to understand, but our programming board is where you will get your best assistance on this.
  • neohackershadow
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • neohackershadow

Post 3+ Months Ago

I apologise for the error I made
  • xamix
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • xamix

Post 3+ Months Ago

redhawk wrote:
AWWW, More images means more load time on my 56k!!! (Yes, I do have a 56er, please dont laugh at me.)

Just go ahead and post your images, after all, it only hurts little old me :)

Note to all: I am kidding here, well except for the 56k part, I really am on a 56er.

Well to people wiyh that kind of connections the best thing is to use a browser that allows to block images from the sites...like firefox,opera,etc.

cumpz
  • ruscoder
  • Loc: Russia, Volgograd

Post 3+ Months Ago

I from Russia. And beside us speak: rules are created to their break. And beside us and live on this rule :lol:
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello to ruscoder,

I think your saying 'rules are made to be broken'. Here they are made NOT to be broken. Learn that lesson first...ahaaaaaaaaaa

Merry Christmas ruscoder and welcome to Ozzu.... :lol: :lol:
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, here it's more "rule breakers are made to be banned" ;)
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: :lol:

He will learn the hard way axe..lol

:lol:
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ruscoder, i think what there are trying to say is that rules must be fallowed. if not diffrent thins will happen such as a pm asking you to not do whatever you did again, all the way up to a ban.. a ban is hard to come by on ozzu unless your a spammer or just a jurk.. good luck on ozzu ruscoder.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

were those spelling mistakes intentional? or are you just trying to prove a point? :) :P
  • ruscoder
  • Loc: Russia, Volgograd

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey all!

Thanks suzie, because I just will saying 'rules are made to the broken', i'm sorry my English. I think that we live on that rules which the most suitable for us. On this place rules made for made we intercourse will be suitable. :!:
  • geegel
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Bucharest, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

The official rules and regulations post clearly states that links are allowed in the signature, but somehow both the HTML and BB tags are disabled for me.

I'm confused here.

Can someone provide an answer?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

HTML is disabled board-wide and will not be enabled. You can use BBCode in your sig. It is enabled board-wide. It should be available to you.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is what it should look like

Code: [ Select ]
[url=http://www.website.com]the linked text[/url]
  • geegel
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is a screenshot!

Hope that this issue can be solved ASAP

Best regards, George
  • geegel
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

CowKiller wrote:
this is what it should look like

Code: [ Select ]
[url=http://www.website.com]the linked text[/url]

Thank you for your help, but I do know how to use BBtags.

The problem is slighly more serious.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is the exact contents you are trying to put in your sig? Post it here exactly like you are putting it in the sig box which results in an error. I would like to test it. Thanks.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think that means that only the bbcode tags for [quote code list and php] are disabled for the signature section
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

George, I looked at your screenshot.

think.correctly has it correct. [quote code list and php] are disabled the rest can be used.

However, it just occurred to me what the problem is. I think with the new signature mod that Bigwebmaster uses, I seem to recall that new members are required to make a certain amount of posts before they can add a signature with links or images. I can't remember what that number is, but the number 25 seems to run in my mind. At the time of your initial post you only had 8 posts and currently only have 11. I'll let Bigweb confirm what the minimum post number is, but I'm almost certain that's the problem. In our administration tools a members sig can be set by us to one of these three
Based on registration date and posts
disabled or
enabled

Your's is set to the default Based on registration date and posts
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is no limit on how many posts or how long you have been a member to have a signature, at least at this time. It should be enabled for you geegel.

ATNO/TW - What you are referring to is actually "Custom title activation status", not anything to do with the signatures.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see that now Bigweb.

I put a test link and image in his sig. It's working just fine. George if you go to your profile you'll see how I did it. Make sure it conforms to the rules for sigs. If it breaks the rules found at the beginning of this thread, it won't work. (e.g. image too large, too many links or lines of text, etc.)
  • geegel
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for taking the time to solve this problem.

Off to profile page now :)

Best regards, George
  • geegel
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
George if you go to your profile you'll see how I did it. Make sure it conforms to the rules for sigs. If it breaks the rules found at the beginning of this thread, it won't work. (e.g. image too large, too many links or lines of text, etc.)

Done and done.

It's working now.

Thanks again guys.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Glad you got it!
  • jeruk
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Hermosillo

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the message, i understand the rules, i don´t read before jejee sorry...
  • Thewebcity.com
  • Born
  • Born
  • Thewebcity.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh Sorry
  • rokedemiah
  • Born
  • Born
  • rokedemiah
  • Loc: usa

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the post about craxks and warez. I never heard of those before?
  • brebtp
  • brebtp

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Admin

Apologises for posting incorrectly this will not occure again thanks
  • Presto
  • Born
  • Born
  • Presto

Post 3+ Months Ago

:D OK
  • F-16
  • Born
  • Born
  • F-16

Post 3+ Months Ago

..........................................?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

F-16 wrote:
..........................................?

Sometimes new members reply here after they have been warned about a non-allowed post and actually read the rules.
  • iaf46
  • Born
  • Born
  • iaf46

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have read the term and policies...

thanks
  • j4md0nut
  • Born
  • Born
  • j4md0nut
  • Loc: Manchester, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

yep Sorry too!
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeh, me too, I haven't read the rule carefully, so I am sorry,

Bill
  • asad_black
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • asad_black
  • Loc: pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

em sorry:-(
  • Raoul
  • Born
  • Born
  • Raoul

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for posting its great ...

Thanks
  • Reflections
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for these rules.
  • choyon
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • choyon

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks
im new here...
  • Reflections
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

In order to avoid confusion, above rules should be obeyed by everyone.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

every single member on Ozzu. If you ever see a post that breaks any of Ozzus rules then you can report it by clicking on the red exclamation mark at the top next to the "quote" button.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I should also add that if there is a situation that you'd like a moderator to deal with then you can send a Private Message to any one of us and we can look into it.
  • ashwini
  • Born
  • Born
  • ashwini

Post 3+ Months Ago

a sound file of 6kb filesize !! huh i di not prefer to use any sound file though..

thanks for letting us know about this rules and regulations.
thanks and regards.
Ashwini
  • Reflections
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really this is very helpful for newbies.
  • webdude
  • Born
  • Born
  • webdude

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am sorry. I didn't read the rules correctly. My mistake.
  • Reflections
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now read the rules.
cheers
  • piratesbi
  • Born
  • Born
  • piratesbi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Admin, Can I use my site link into forum as signature ?
This is important for me to generate backlink. Please reply
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

piratesbi, you may establish a signature once you've met our requirements, which are outlined in our rules:

Quote:
Members can have signatures once they are registered for 90 days and have at least 150 posts.

It's worth noting, however, that posts only intended to bolster one's post count are not tolerated and even once a signature is established, links are automatically given a nofollow attribute. We strive to keep a healthy, informative community and that means keeping regulations such as these in place to ensure that you're here to actively participate - not just spread links to your forum.
  • silveraden
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem with this forum is, it's difficult to find the login field.. LOL
  • james_007
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • james_007

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanxs, I have read the rules of ozzu. once again thanxs
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Added a clause to 1i:

Quote:
If you're caught shilling, you will be immediately banned and will not be allowed to come back. A shill is an owner, employee or associate of a seller of products or services who pretends (or purposefully omits) any association with the product or service, while pretending to be a satisfied customer or interested bystander. People who omit an association with a product or service for other reasons (they're paid to post about it, they're helping a friend, etc.) so that they can help promote it are also shills. Do not shill.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've never heard of a "shill" before. Who'd of thought that this forum/topic would be as educational as this?
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Updated to reflect current link and signature restrictions, as announced here: LINK.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for updating that Poly :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 128 posts