OZZU RULES AND REGULATIONS

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities of all members of the board at http://www.ozzu.com/

Please read it and become familiar with it, as by posting anywhere on this board you agree to it. If a rule is broken you shall be warned and your post / options may be modified.

Board-wide Policies

1. Forum Rules
    1. Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
    2. Requests for reviews for your website, and posts regarding job offers need to be made in the respective forums. You must follow the guidelines in those forums for your post to remain. If you post a review request or job opportunity anywhere other than those two forums, they will will most likely be removed by our staff.
    3. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
    4. Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed. The definition of cracks also includes, but is not limited to, threads or links pertaining to the subject of circumventing any security or privacy measures intentionally placed by manufacturers in their hardware and/or software.
    5. Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Finally chatspeak is NOT allowed (e.g. i wan dat, please fone me). Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
    6. Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "Formatting Windows XP", "Blurry fonts in Flash", etc.
    7. Members are welcome to use the test forum for general "test purposes". These may include checking signatures, testing a link or image, etc. (subject to previous points on decency, warez, etc.). Users posting in the test forum just to increase their post counts will be warned.
    8. Spam is not tolerated here in most circumstances. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, etc. We may let an ocassional spam go through in the General Forum as long as the poster is quite active in Ozzu. If your first post is spam I can guarantee you it will be removed. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
    9. If you're caught shilling, you will be immediately banned and will not be allowed to come back. A shill is an owner, employee or associate of a seller of products or services who pretends (or purposefully omits) any association with the product or service, while pretending to be a satisfied customer or interested bystander. People who omit an association with a product or service for other reasons (they're paid to post about it, they're helping a friend, etc.) so that they can help promote it are also shills. Do not shill.
    10. Members are not to post link exchange threads. Requests for link exchanges will be removed without notification to the poster.
    11. The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
    12. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
    13. Cookie stuffing will not be tolerated. Cookie stuffing or cookie dropping is a technique used to generate fraudulent affiliate sales. It involves placing an affiliate tracking cookie on a website visitor's computer without their knowledge, which will then generate revenue for the person doing the cookie stuffing. This can be done with an image or any other type of multimedia in a post that doesn't point to an actual image or media, but instead points to an affiliate link. Anybody caught cookie stuffing will be banned without warning.
    14. Members will not be able to post links until they have been registered for 30 days and have at least 20 posts.
  2. Signatures
    1. Members can have signatures once they are registered for 30 days and have at least 20 posts.
    2. Signatures may contain up to three lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of text (of small or normal size) and/or possibly one image (read farther for specifics), valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 100px high, 468px wide and 8KB in size. Signatures containing an image of 60px high or less may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 15px high or less may include two lines of small size text. Any signature can contain a maximum of only 2 links.
    3. Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to decency, warez, emoticons, etc.
    4. Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to non-Ozzu material, commercial ventures, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.
    5. Users abusing these rules will be warned.
  3. Avatars
    1. Users are permitted to utilise a gallery avatar or to upload one of their own. User defined avatars are to be no larger than 120 pixels by 120 pixels, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), and may not exceed 7KB in filesize.
    2. Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, etc.
    3. Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
  4. Inline Images
    1. Do not post any inline images larger than 600px wide
    2. Keep file sizes for inline images under 300 KB, otherwise use an external link
    3. Inline images are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, etc.
    4. Users abusing these rules will be warned with posts potentially edited or removed
  5. Policing
    1. Ozzu Webmaster Forum operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
    2. Arguing with team members (moderators) after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
    3. Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact any Supermoderator ( memberlist.php?mode=group&g=23640 ) or the current admin, Bigwebmaster. If they feel you were treated badly they may remove a warning. Their decision is final. Contacting Supermoderators over warning matters should be done so as a very last resort ... they do not want to be bothered unless vital.
    4. Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account of evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
    5. An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members (moderators) personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
    6. Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While Ozzu Webmaster Forum may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurence.

Last Updated: Thursday, December 15, 2011

We reserve the right to modify these at any time.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

What keeps changing in here BWM?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Avatars and Policing regulations were added today.
  • natural_angel33
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Las Vegas, NV (blech!)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm posting this because I think it might be beneficial to other new people.

Can you tell me what exactly are "warez" and "cracks"?
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Warez is software that is illegally distributed, thereby breaking National & International Copyright laws.

Cracks are applications designed to circumnavigate anti-piracy measures in applications (serial numbers, checks to make sure the CD-Rom is a legitimate copy, etc.)
  • kuttan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hai admin,

I am very very sorry. I didnt read the rulez care fully. I am sorry. I wont repeat it again
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

No prob kuttan -- thanks. We're glad to have you here at OZZU.
  • disgust
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • disgust

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks I never really knew what warez was lol
  • world4health
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Miami

Post 3+ Months Ago

kuttan wrote:
Hai admin,

I am very very sorry. I didnt read the rulez care fully. I am sorry. I wont repeat it again

That's why reading forums rules is important, I learnt that the hard, glad to have you here thou 8)
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Question about sigs... I know we're allowed two lines of text and one image, but what about the other way around? Like:

1 line of text (ie. name)
Two 88x31 buttons

*pleading look* I understand if the answer's no. :(
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

if the combined images don't break any rules, sure. we would prefer you to use only one image though.

that being said, if both images don't add up to more than 6kb, or go
over the size limitations, I don't see why not. But remeber, you only get
2 total links no matter what you use.
  • redhawk

Post 3+ Months Ago

AWWW, More images means more load time on my 56k!!! (Yes, I do have a 56er, please dont laugh at me.)

Just go ahead and post your images, after all, it only hurts little old me :)

Note to all: I am kidding here, well except for the 56k part, I really am on a 56er.
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

it should be faster... if images are 6kb~ and not like 30-60kbs :|
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got a question on flash sigs, are we allowed to use sound?

(the sound would be auto off and need to be turned on)
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know how you'd be able to use sound in a 6kb filesize, but I would highly recommend not using sound.
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some of us are on 56k....be nice.
  • Emersed
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: New Zealand

Post 3+ Months Ago

Greetings to you all !

:shock: putting music on flash and trying to have it below 6k I will let you know when I succeed at that. Not even a 8bit would be below that..... hmm......

by the way. Good ground rules and regulations

YAY for spell check.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

unfortunately, you won't be able to add music to your footer or your avatar. Although
its not specifically spelled out in our rules (maybe it should be), we simply can't allow it.
Welcome to OZZU though! I hope to see you stick around a long time.

Enjoy OZZU! :mrgreen:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good Lord, Yes!!!...add it to the rules if necessary! Music in a forum post would drive me nuts!
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

That would be insane. Anytime you went to the thread page that contained that post, the music would start playing. :shock:
  • Emersed
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: New Zealand

Post 3+ Months Ago

WOuld also drive me insane.... I can not stand those midi tunes on some websites ..... [ add shivering human here ]

Thank you for the welcome. I am going to enjoy being amongst likeminded self motivated artists and intelligence.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great to have you here enjoying OZZU Emersed, but please, if you do get a flash file under 6kb with music, post it as an offsite link for reference value in the flash forum. *grins.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just adore atno's posts, so expressive lol
Quote:
Good Lord, Yes!!!...add it to the rules if necessary! Music in a forum post would drive me nuts!

:lol:
suzie.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

They have started putting sound effects in flash adverts now :evil: (ebay.co.uk as an eg) worst thing is, by the time the flash has finished loading, I have scrolled down the page a bit and can't see it. Confuses the hell out of me. And yes you can turn sound off, but it comes back ON EVERY NEW PAGE!!!!

So I turned of my speakers and quit whining :roll: but seriously, people should think about these things, you wouldn't put one of those tacky greetings-card sound things in a book or a magazine would you? Grrrrr
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm
not sure but how would this work
a flash file, which is under 6kb.
this file contains a button to load another external movie clip, which can contain any size file. because then the users aren't forced to download the extra movie clip?...it is then their choice.

hmm
im gonna experiment :)
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

my sig is what i came up with so far, nothing special, cus i dont know if u guys allow it lol

if it is, then i will add the controls.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok then, maybe not allowed, but this is what i came up with anyway :D

<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH="304" HEIGHT="30" id="sig">
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://www.nucleo.co.uk/ozzu/sig.swf"><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=low><PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#FFFFFF><EMBED src="http://www.nucleo.co.uk/ozzu/sig.swf" quality=low bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH="34" HEIGHT="30" NAME="poll0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

is my sig ok?
'
btw its 80 pixels high.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I'll take the ball and say that since you've managed to keep the file size roughly half of what we ask for, I don't see the little extra on height as that big of deal. The worst culprits are those that have huge file sizes.
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok if anyone says anything i will take it off.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 129 posts