Premium Memberships now available

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just wanted to announce that premium memberships are now available. There are three types of premium memberships: bronze, silver, and gold. You can find more information about the premium memberships by clicking on your control panel link at the top. All of the information is on that page as well as the links to actually upgrade. You will see links that say "Upgrade Membership" which will take you to the rates page.

I will be adding more to these premium membership types as time goes on. If there is something you would like to see offered in one of these memberships that currently isn't there, you are welcome to make a recommendation.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have a list of features your looking at implementing in the near future? Or are you just planning to add more as you find them/people request?

Also when upgrading to one membership to another will you only have to make the difference?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah the system will credit you the difference based on how many days you have left (using the rates per day from the yearly plan -- so there is a slight penalty here if you didn't buy a yearly to begin with). So if it figures your credit is $50 and you are upgrading to a bronze, premium, or just a longer termed membership it will take that off of your purchase and if you set it to automatically rebill it will go back to normal at that time.

Hope that makes sense, it was actually a bit confusing to setup because of all of the credits.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, you had to have been working your bum off lately. First phpBB3, now this, in such a short period of time. Kudos!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yup been busy, this system took awhile to implement since I made it from scratch.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

About how long does it take for a membership to be upgraded?
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

never mind, just got the email lol
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Normally its immediate as its all automated. The only way it won't be immediate is if I have to hit the accept button in Paypal or if it is paid via e-check. Once the payment is accepted or cleared it will automatically enable the membership account and the time paid for will start then.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was hoping this would entail a one-time fee, instead of a recurring one. :(

Any chance we might see some competitions that award discounts to poor, starving college students?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The competition idea isn't bad, however i'd be a little bit unsure about using the competitions in the way we have been. What i mean is there are far too many competitions for people to win on, perhaps leaving it for a competition quarterly or something as an incentive.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ozzu Oscars winners? If anyone is willing to set that up.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

That was one reason I decided to make three tiers, I figured $6.00 a month (about the price for a single venti latte with tip) would be affordable by most who want a membership. I haven't decided yet if I will have any discounts/promotions. If I did anything it would probably be some kind of ozzu member of the month award to give them free access for a month. As far as a lifetime membership I am weighing towards a no there.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

It might be a good idea to tell people where this money will be going to. If it will just help support ozzu (server fees) or if it will help enhance the experience for all users (being able to pay for a faster server). I looked and I really didn't see anything explaining what the fee does for the community.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's going towards the Moderator wages. Right?

Look at my avatar and think about your reply very carefully Bigwebmaster! :lol: :D
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

could you do it, so if we upgrade we could edit our own ranks?
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

The "puppy" eyes avatar goes perfect with that comment :lol:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I made this a global announce, just because I could *wink
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin wrote:
could you do it, so if we upgrade we could edit our own ranks?

If you upgrade to Bronze then you would be able to change your status (as in the text under your username). No post limit.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

w0ot I upgraded to gold :P
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

SpooF wrote:
It might be a good idea to tell people where this money will be going to. If it will just help support ozzu (server fees) or if it will help enhance the experience for all users (being able to pay for a faster server). I looked and I really didn't see anything explaining what the fee does for the community.

Thats a good idea, I will update something on the purchase page soon. The memberships will be paying for the server costs as well future development of ozzu (new features and maintenance). I am already using the funds from the two memberships so far to help speed up some of the development with the stats caching system (hiring help) so that full stats can be displayed to premium members.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

sweet how long do you think it will take to add BWM?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
I was hoping this would entail a one-time fee, instead of a recurring one. :(

Any chance we might see some competitions that award discounts to poor, starving college students?

I decided to completely redo the membership rates system. Everything is now one time fees and much cheaper. So once you pay to become a bronze, silver, or gold member you will always be one without recurring fees. I think this will seem much better for people. I will post another announcement shortly.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 22 posts