blah i needs help =/

• kto famous
  • kto famous
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok well umm my friend has a mac lap top...dont know what os its running or w/e but she said if i can get into it and get some files i can keep it.... cuz it was a gift... but like ya she forgot her password and i was wondering if there was a program for macs that changes the pass...i know there is one for windows....that lets u change the pass from the log on menu...its called erd...but ya i need one for mac.... any one know of such a thing ?

help greatly apreciated XD ty !
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• gutter
  • gutter

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not a lot to go on there little buddy, but give this a try:

http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2007/07/11458/

or if you have a firewire cable just hold down the 't' key while turning the computer on to boot it into target disk mode (basically just turns your computer into a firewire drive) and plug it into to another computer, pull the files off, and reinstall the OS.

Finally, if you have the install disks, pop them and restart holding the 'c' key at the machine boots up. Once you get into the installer you should be able to click on I think the apple menu and there should be a menu item called 'Reset Administrator Password.' Hope that helps.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

As long as the computer is running OS X, you can use an OS X installation CD to reset the password. Put the CD in, reboot the computer, and while it's booting, hold down C to boot from CD.

Once the installer has loaded, select Utilities -> Reset Password from the menu.
  • jcwacky
  • Born
  • Born
  • jcwacky

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might find you will receive more advice if you give your topic a more informative title rather than "blah i needs help =/". Something like "Looking for Mac Password Recovery Software" would be much more helpful.

Just a tip for you to keep in mind for future posts.

Good luck with the laptop.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
As long as the computer is running OS X, you can use an OS X installation CD to reset the password. Put the CD in, reboot the computer, and while it's booting, hold down C to boot from CD.

Once the installer has loaded, select Utilities -> Reset Password from the menu.

Thats mostly what gutter said Spork :D
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, but I wouldn't know that, because I didn't read his post before posting... :oops:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts