convert avi to quicktime

• lescieyq
  • Born
  • Born
  • lescieyq

Post 3+ Months Ago

:)
Hey guys and gals.
I got a mini DV clip, and it's avi format. Now I want to play it in QT but it doesn't work......
so, how should i do?
Help me please//.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Upgrade to QuickTime Pro for $29.99
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Not only will it open and play AVI files (and a variety of others), you can also export it as a QT movie (and a variety of other formats). I use it all the time and it works well. It's the cheapest most efficient way to do it.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd go with a video player called VLC. Its free and plays damn near everything.
  • lescieyq
  • Born
  • Born
  • lescieyq

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks
I used VLC but I'll get some green screen sometime. I don't want to damage my original files...
Anyway thanks to your infor..
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

That green and any green dots or screwy video or audio is probably just in the file being played. I've watched bootleg movies that were pretty poor quality and had a bunch of hiccups in them with VLC while others played excellent.
  • lescieyq
  • Born
  • Born
  • lescieyq

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah.... I've met that situation before.
Also I need to edit my avi, and I know iMovie will only absorb mov files..(is that right?).. Right now I desperately need a video converter..
I googled it, and lots of people recommend Aimersoft. I don't know if anyone knows it, and if do, could u tell me sth about it?
Thanks guys~
  • yao847zi
  • Born
  • Born
  • yao847zi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try wannasoft video converter for Mac which enablese u to convert any video files to QT format with good quality

It works for me great
Good luck
  • a4asit
  • Kalkin
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi everybody!! :)

If any of you is into java programming then I can I can suggest Java Media API to you. Well, don't be surprised, it comes with a small Java program called Java Media Studio. This tool can be used to tinker with a variety of audio and video files.

The only backdrop is that you need somewhat knowledge about audio/video codecs, etc. to do a right conversion from avi-to-mov or mov-to-avi, or whatever you are converting. (I once tried to convert mov2avi but ended up with a sound only avi file that only seemed to run on VLC player.. :shock: )

But overall its good. Also try the VLC player suggested already above. Try the new one. It's good!!!

good bye!! :angel:
  • AdamC
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you don't want to download software, you can try a sit like Zamzar and convert your .avi file to .mov. Yeah, like everyone else said also keep trying with VLC. It's not perfect, but it will play just about any video file I can think of.
  • August2011
  • Born
  • Born
  • August2011

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want play video in quicktime,you need convert AVI to MOV.How to convert,I suggest Enolsoft video converter to you. It's easy and fast. For more information, you can search it via google or yahoo.
  • Christina121
  • Christina121

Post 3+ Months Ago

VLC is good, u can give a try
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've used MacX Video Converter many times its really good, they often have them available for free around any of the holidays. There are also some ways you can get them for free if you visit the section Win Free or something on the menu http://www.macxdvd.com/mac-video-converter-pro/
  • xw227751
  • Born
  • Born
  • xw227751

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bros MOV Converter, competent, comprehensive and capable mov video conversion program to aid users to convert QuickTime mov video files to other video formats, MOV to AVI, MOV to 3GP, MOV to MP4, VOB, FLV and so on.

How to convert WMV to MOV format which can be played on iPhone 4s, iPad 2 and iPod? Bros WMV to MOV Converter is a good choice which can convert WMV to MOV file format with simple steps and high speed.

Furthermore, powerful editing functions of WMV to MOV Converter must amaze you. With it, users can crop video size, trim file length, adjust video brightness, contrast and saturation, and also insert image or text watermark.

You can try this function is very powerful Bros WMV to MOV Converter software, there are those functions that you say, you can learn from it and see that you have no help.

Browser from Google search elements Keywords: Bros WMV to MOV Converter you can find this powerful software.

Christmas more software discount promotions, affordable lot!Merry Christmas!

Browser from Google search elements Keywords:

Emicsoft-Christmas Discount

OXPDF-Christmas Discount

Brosvideo-Chrismas Discount

You will find a lot of software discount information!
  • jonnerkass
  • Born
  • Born
  • jonnerkass
  • Loc: ca

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi guys, there are several freeware supports to convert avi video to QT supports mov format on mac, Handbrake maybe the most used, and FFmpeg, VLC player. are supports to convert avi video to Quicktime. I have used handbrake for years. it works well on my side. and some payment tool such as Abettersoft Video Converter also work well .
  • richardvalentinew
  • Born
  • Born
  • richardvalentinew

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use iDealshare VideoGo to convert AVI to QuickTime supported MOV or MP4 video format, it even supports converting AVI to QuickTime supported audio format like MP3, AIFF, M4A and etc.

Better still, the converted AVI files is also work with other Apple devices like iTunes, Apple TV, iMovie, Final Cut Pro/Express, iPad, iPod, iPhone and etc.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Locking this topic, because it's basically flypaper for spam.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts