Found a Mac with Win7 need to remove it :P

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

O.k so i picked up some cheap laptops and both are apples, i got a charger for one and it book a while to boot but when it did there was 2 password protected login's for windows 7 and i was like WTF this is a Macbook and it has win7 eeeeeeewwwwwww

So i am trying to get apple back on so i have the DMG file and i have all windows computers so i am having trouble getting a device to boot into the laptop so i can get snow leopard working. If i have to i will get a DL-DVD but attempting with usb hard drives right now.

if anyone has some tips for making book drives on windows, would be much appreciated.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know much about Macs or "book drives" but until you reload OSX on it, I'm no sure what else you can do other than guess the password or crack the SAM file. You could create a Backtrack 5 DVD to try to get the SAM file.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

that is easy done but i could not care about the windows and that is not the issue, NTFS windows is not GUID OSX partitioning.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Mac CD will give you the option to format the drive.

http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Format_Your ... nstall_DVD
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

sigh, that is using DVD again which yea i can do no issues but don't have any DL-DVD. Need to boot via hard drive.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Correct me if I'm wrong. The Mac OS is no longer on your hard drive. That's why it boots to windows. How else can you reinstall the OS if you don't have it on a CD or a flash drive?
  • creamtown
  • creamtown

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why you want to get rid of Windows 7 dude. It's really awesome! Why Windows 7 really disgusts you. :D Anyway, if you want to re-install your Macbook with the original OS, i think there are many videos on YouTube that explains thoroughly how to do that.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts