How to download pictures from iphone?

• robert78.5
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • robert78.5
  • Loc: Manitoba

Post 3+ Months Ago

My wife wants to move her pictures from her iphone to the windows desk top for safe keeping, also the icloud is getting full. how do i go about this? i plugged phone into tower but i can not find it like i do with my android phone.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you plug the iPhone into a Windows Desktop, goto the Start Menu, then Computer. On that page you will see something like Portable Devices, and in my case under that it says Brian's iPhone 4S. If you double click on it you will then see Internal Storage. Double click on that and you will see a DCIM folder which you should also go into. At that point, depending on how many pictures are on the phone, you may have multiple folders. Go into each one and copy them out onto where you want to save them, and then you can also mass delete them there as well. Make sure you have copied them safely once you delete them, because they are gone permanently forever once deleted.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

That may or not be the case. I remember with my ipod i had to enable external stroage from itunes in order for it to work like that. i am unsure if same with iphone. just a thought
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

I still have the 3GS and windows 7 just goes aahh you plugged your iphone into the computer would you like to extract the photos. Windows should take the photos off your phone using the auto play import pictures and video once the usb is connected.
  • Mollywhite
  • Mollywhite

Post 3+ Months Ago

Use iTunes.
  • seotech
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you figure it out? It's pretty simple you just connect to your computer, wait a minute or two and it will pop up with a box of pics and you just drag and drop and then erase the pics on the phone.
  • monica66
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • monica66

Post 3+ Months Ago

Down load iTune to your computer. Then sync the files you want to transfer to your computer.
  • stephaniemiller664
  • Born
  • Born
  • stephaniemiller664

Post 3+ Months Ago

Download Itunes First to your Computer and then upload you picture to your Iphone :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts