iBook stucked at "Waiting for printing Services" o

• elektric
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Mexico

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, yesterday my old iBook was frozed so I did a simple restart using control+function+power sw.

After that the computer never booted again, It gets to the point where the bar is near the end or loading always on the same label: "Waiting for printing Services" nothing happenes after that, I tryied leaving it there to see what happens but never goes through.

My osX is V. 10.3.9
My lap an Ibook G3 800 mhz.

Thanks in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Grab your Mac OS X install CD, put it in when the computer is powering up (whenever you get far enough for the optical drive to function), and reboot.

Hold down the C key, which will boot from the CD.

When the installer comes up, go to Utilities -> Disk Manager and check your disk for errors.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

a disk error could be the problem. But i would check for one of your preference files, as it's more than likely corrupted. When this happens, the boot process locks up in a loop and freezes. Are you comfortable with UNIX? If not, then I would go with what spork suggests.
  • elektric
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Mexico

Post 3+ Months Ago

in order to save my files on the old HD, I replaced the HD and made a fresh reinstall, everything normal, now my problem is how to get my files out of the damaged HD, there is no phisical damage as I could notice, only the system files probably, do you recommend any HD box to plug the old hd through USD or any other solution?
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

any external disk enclouure by usb should do. OSX should recognize the disk when you connect via usb and you should be able to browse the drive then.
  • amm121290
  • Born
  • Born
  • amm121290

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have the same issue as elektric.
I needed to update my internet, it told me to restart, I did, and now each time I turn it on, it is stuck at "loading printing services."
I know you may have explained it as best you could but any other suggestions?
I purchased my ibook of ebay and did not get an insallation c.d. with it. And unfortunatly I'm not familiar with UNIX.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts