iPhone battery dies after one day

• Gilcrease
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: usa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, weird stuff has been happening with my iPhone :( I’ve had my 3GS for over a year now and it has always worked normally. Then a couple of months ago I charged it with a power charger, but instead of getting charged the battery just seemed to get sucked out of it. Now my battery won’t last longer than a day.. What the heck? Anyone has this problem?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you contacted Apple?
  • Gilcrease
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: usa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I have.. but then I would have to send it in for service and I no longer have warranty on the phone. So now I'm trying to figure out alternative ways to fix it.. (if possible).
  • AdamC
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

http:// www DOT dkszone DOT net/8-free-iphone-battery-apps-to-check-left-over-charge-status

If you can, try checking the life of your battery using one of those programs. If it's not charging at all then you may need to replace it. If you can, try and see if you can't recalibrate the battery by letting your iPhone power down to zero charge and recharging it to 100%.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

From my research i found that iPhones have 2 year life span of battery before it starts to fail. So i guess you have had your iphone for about that time as myself.

Now i need to put mine in the shop and have the battery replaced due to it can not hold a charge anymore. If you have not got warranty then does not matter just replace the battery and get that long battery life back like when you first got it.

I am going to put my phone in on the weekend and get it done.
  • Gooseman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Gooseman

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got mine for more than two years and the battery lasts approximately 3 days...
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gooseman wrote:
I got mine for more than two years and the battery lasts approximately 3 days...

just to bump incase has not been fixed yet, i had the same issue and it took 3 battery but it got working again. 50 bucks and few days of being un happy but it is now working like before and i got a 2nd one too just in case.

if you are unable to do your own hardware repairs there is all ways tech shops that can do it quick and easy. iPhones are really unbreakable mostly. at least 3GS is but even still with higher models parts are easy obtained.
  • sergeyL
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • sergeyL

Post 3+ Months Ago

they i mean apple have such problem nut i have to say that my ipad battery works for 3 days without any problems.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

well if you use the internet or something live Netflix or you tube then yea the battery is not going to last...
i was going to say is there a "genius bar" near you. if so take it to them and they should be able to shelf diagnose it real quick and give you more of detail with out you having to send it in.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

demonmaestro wrote:
"genius bar" near you. if so take it to them and they should be able to shelf diagnose it real quick

Are you saying they will just trying to sell him a new one by telling him too look at the shelf?

lolol :)
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol no.. no smarta$$ remark. lol i meaning that they should be able to test it. if he wants a new one then so be it...
  • creamtown
  • creamtown

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it depends one which type of users are you. If you're type of power users, then it's obvious that your iPhone battery's life span will probably be around 2 years. But if you're just casual type of users, like the ones who buy iPhone for the shake of being called "rich", then your iPhone battery life will still be great even for more than 2 years.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts