itunes 7.0 -- don't install it

• aryo
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

don't install it yet, at least. way too many bugs come with it. in my case, it causes the whole computer to freeze when determining gapless playback (on the 4th song even). it even wiped out my 30 gb ipod.
i have since decided that i will not install any apple updated until i read about it on discussion forums.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Evenhost
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I havn't had any problems with it, are you sure that its not some other conflict, for it to freeze the entire computer and not just the program is extremely unusual.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mac OSX doesn't freeze. Your computer is *peach* up.
  • Bacon Heartburn
  • Bacon Heartburn
  • Loc: Mississauga, On

Post 3+ Months Ago

what r u talking about? i've been using it since it came out and its been working fine for me.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Y'know, I understand saying hey, I had this experience with this software, just a heads-up, or hey, has anyone else experienced this, and is there anything I can do? What I don't get is one person having one colossally bad experience with one application, and warning people to unequivocally stay away from it.

For what it's worth, I stopped using iTunes 7 for a while because I have my library located on a network share, and I freaked out when I launched the application and my library was gone. It was no big deal re-adding it, but I wanted to keep my ratings and play counts, y'know? So I switched to Songbird for a while. And yeah, I'll admit, I whined about iTunes's incompetence for a little while, to a couple people...

...until I realised that I was an utter maroon. It irritated me that iTunes kept creating a music folder in my Documents folder, where I didn't want it to exist, so I kept deleting it. You know, the music folder.. the one that has my iTunes cover art and .xml library file and stuff, that music folder.

Clever, eh? =)
  • madeline
  • Born
  • Born
  • madeline

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am having the same experience with 7.0. I don't know what to do. I tried re-installing it but the same thing happened. Would I lose my files if I reinstalled the older version? I don't usually update software without investigating first, but my father took it upon himself to update everything. I could just scream. Any input would be very helpful.
  • isip
  • isip

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd suggest you simply back up your library folder madeline before doing anything even if there shouldn't be any problem in reinstalling iTunes :
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93698

then you want to go further to solve the problem, you'll have at least to :
- check you run the latest version of iTunes (currently 7.0.2)
- tell me if you're on Mac or Windows computer
  • Omegalove
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Omegalove
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea same with me i havent had any probs with mine

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts