mailto code and Mail on Mac

• djp1988
  • djp1988

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I know this is more of a webmaster question, but it seems to only be a problem on mac, I have a mailto:EMAIL code in my site and i just noticed that when click it, it doesn't open Mail and start a new email with the address, i did only a few days ago anyway, I wanted to know if anyone has a problem with Mail when clicking on a mailto link on internet, i can't think why it's not opening Mail, I have restarted the computer, but still the same.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Open Mail.app's Preferences, click on General, and make sure that Mail is your default e-mail reader (the very first preference item).

Clicking on mailto: links works fine on my computer, so there's got to be a config issue somewhere. If Mail doesn't open a new message composition window when you click on a mailto: link, what *does* happen?

Also, you didn't mention what version of OS X you're running, or the browser in which you clicked on the link. Do you get the same result in every browser? (It shouldn't matter, since the association is between mailto: and the OS, but it doesn't hurt to check.)
  • djp1988
  • djp1988

Post 3+ Months Ago

nothing happens as if the link was only "#"

It seems only a problem on firefox
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Then there's nothing wrong with your code, Mail.app, or OS X. Have you tried trashing Firefox's prefs? If that doesn't work, you could try disabling your extensions and re-enabling them one by one. If that doesn't work, you could try re-installing it (Firefox, that is).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts