question about upgrading to os x tiger on G3

• qure
  • Born
  • Born
  • qure

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have G3 and i using it as a rip for in printing studio. I have expensive software that i cannot afford to lose. so i was wondering if i upgrade OS from OS 9 to OS tiger would i lose software and can i make some kind of restore point to be able to go back if something goes wrong. please help... i am a beginer so if someone answers some pointers in that matter would be usefull. thnks in advance :?:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

You may be better off sticking with what you've got. From what I've read, Tiger and compatible applications, because of their more sophisticated demands, frequently bring a G3 to a crawl. Still, if you're intent on upgrading, just check the system requirements on the software developer's web site. See if it's compatible with Tiger, if an upgrade is available, etc.

As far as I know, there's no such thing as a "restore point" in the Mac OS. However, you can easily clone your existing volume, either to another partition, DVD, or an external hard drive.

Also, note that even when you upgrade to OS X, you will still have OS 9. You can boot to Classic and run apps that are not compatible with OS X. (I only skimmed this section of The Missing Manual: Mac OS X, Tiger Edition, because it's irrelevant to me, but I'm pretty sure it's in there.)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts