Remote Desktop Connect

• Keith
  • Born
  • Born
  • Keith

Post 3+ Months Ago

Iv jst bought and installed Server 2003 in my house and one of the main reasons I bought it was to use it with RDC, but after setting it up and trying to connect it will no connect is say " The client could not connect to the remote computer - Either remote connections are not enabled, the computer is too bust to accept new connection, or the network problems are precenting your connect" Iv tried everything that I know of. Im trying to connect to it via Mac iBook running RDC through a switch. I have tried the name and IP of the server and always the same message appears. Please can somebody help.

Thanks
Keith
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Keith wrote:
the computer is too bust to accept new connection

Ahhh, a typo that describes windows perfectly ;)

Actually, I'm not sure about the RDC, and I hope you fix it, but have you had a look at VNC, and its various derivatives? It's free, runs on Mac, *nix, Windows, there's even a Java Applet to control a desktop from any Java capable web browser.
  • twmspro
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't know if this helps but my home computer and all my schools computers have windows xp pro and somehow i got it to work

what i remember doing is setting port forwarding to0 3080 or something like that and then using remote desktop connection through xp or a downloaded version of xps for others OS's
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think twmspro may be on the right track. Try opening port 3389 on the switch and when you RDC from the Mac, tack on the port number to the server IP.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts