Remote Desktop for iPad App recommendation needed.

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have a client employee that needs a good / reliable remote desktop app for her iPad. Has to be able to access terminal server and allow her to be able to use Outlook when she's on it. Doesn't have to be free, but I'm not interested in seeing a bunch of spam wanna be apps. This is an important client that plays a key role in our nation's agriculture and I need something that works. I prefer only recommendations from someone that's used the app and can link references to it's reliability.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Team Viewer works well, never had a issue with that.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like a nice app, but I can't install that on a terminal server for just one user. Need something that works like RDP. I found https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/2x-clie ... 03105?mt=8 and tested it this morning and that works well. It's a little slow and cumbersome on an iPhone but should be OK on an iPad. I've also seen good reviews of Jump, iTap and Pocket Cloud Pro, but didn't want to spend the money just to test them.

The biggest problem with free apps is they don't have the licensing in most cases to work on terminal server. I tried three different free ones before I found 2x and they all had the issue with the licensing and would only work on desktops.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/330-H ... -work.aspx

Team Viewer still kicks ass :) hope that works for ya now
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the recommendation Zealous. It really does look good, but I checked out the pricing for corporate and that is prohibitive. They'll never go for it. I think the X2 will work. I'll find out tomorrow when I talk to the person that needs it.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation Zealous. It really does look good, but I checked out the pricing for corporate and that is prohibitive. They'll never go for it. I think the X2 will work. I'll find out tomorrow when I talk to the person that needs it.

i do understand that but i have tried a lot of software and the best results i have got is from Team viewer. it is a license worth investing in if regularly used for business. If this is still not a option then i will help research something else to get the job done.
  • austincarven
  • Born
  • Born
  • austincarven

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try the one called Teleport. A friend of mine recommend it to me but I have not used it yet. He likes it very much. By the way I am developing an own VoIP app for iPad (sg. like the one if you Google for: voip-sip-sdk/p_457). Hope you will find it useful.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts