• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The world has lost a great man. I can't think of very many people in recent times who have changed the lives of so many people in the way he did. I'm personally very sad to see him go.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just cant believe it has happened. I knew he was ill, and i knew it was of Pancreatic Cancer which is more or less incurable, but for it to happen is still a shock.

I did actually, for a split second, think that when he stepped down from CEO that that was it for him and he was not long away, but never for a second wanted to believe that.

Such an inspirational person and one the whole world will miss. I am unbelievably sad right now.

Rest in Peace Steve.
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just read about this a few minutes ago... I was afraid his sudden step down recently was because of something like this.. RIP, Steve :/
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
I just cant believe it has happened. I knew he was ill, and i knew it was of Pancreatic Cancer which is more or less incurable, but for it to happen is still a shock.

I did actually, for a split second, think that when he stepped down from CEO that that was it for him and he was not long away, but never for a second wanted to believe that.

Such an inspirational person and one the whole world will miss. I am unbelievably sad right now.

Rest in Peace Steve.

or that it would be *this* soon... I felt maybe he had a little more time than this and had decided to spend it with family or something..
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R-jKKp3NA
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I saw this online and thought it was a really great picture (not quality maybe, but as one of the many facets of Steve's amazing life).. I don't know who to give credit to for the photo (he was 27 in it), but it appears to come from a National Geographic article, so that's most likely the source.

"This is Steve Jobs in his late twenties pictured riding a 1966 BMW R60/2 motorcycle for a National Geographic Magazine feature on Silicon Valley. The picture was recently brought back in the attention of public by Jalopnik titling "Decades Before The iPad, Steve Jobs Rode A BMW". -NYC Motorcycle Federation

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am sad to see him go as well, the world will not be the same without him.

Pancreatic Cancer is such a terrible disease. Seems whenever anyone is diagnosed with it they have less than a year to live.
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

btw.. this is going too far:

http://blog.chron.com/believeitornot/20 ... ia-iphone/
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

What a stupid group of people.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Stupid doesn't even begin to describe the WBC.
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

you guys did read the part where the hypocrites used an iphone to tweet it?

They are cowards.. only selecting easy targets they feel can't touch them because of their rights... you would never hear of them protesting at something like Bin Laden's memorial or telling his family that he went to hell. They have something to fear there. Ramifications that their "rights" could never protect them from and they know it.
  • ogrody
  • Born
  • Born
  • ogrody
  • Loc: Poland/WWA

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is very, very sad. hope he rests in peace cos he did a lot. great man who i admire.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ever wonder where we would all be today if Bill and Steve had never met, never played with computers? What would have happened if Bill had never stolen all of Steve's great ideas and marketed them better? We'd all be using IBM's with Unix OS's is where we'd be... lol

Regardless we all still only have until The farthest time that can be represented this way is 03:14:07 UTC on Tuesday, 19 January 2038. At that moment time as we know it will end...

Thank you Unix...
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Regardless we all still only have until The farthest time that can be represented this way is 03:14:07 UTC on Tuesday, 19 January 2038. At that moment time as we know it will end...

Thank you Unix...

Oh please, 64-bit is already mainstream. If this is still a concern by 2038, people seriously need to upgrade their hardware a bit :lol:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

geez and just when I try to be a doomz day prophet you go and blow a hole in my logic lol
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
geez and just when I try to be a doomz day prophet you go and blow a hole in my logic lol

Wait till 2037 and start a rumor that all nukes on the planet run on Unix and are going to blow up if they're not upgraded.

Steve Jobs was an amazing man and can be compared to historically brilliant inventors like Thomas Edison and Leonardo Da Vinci. I think history will remember him fondly and hopefully will be remembered for what he has done for the world and not for the Apple vs PC debate.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone want to start placing bets on how long it is before Apple tanks without Steve Jobs around?

Too soon, nah. Jobs was used to being ahead of his time anyways. ;)
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Anyone want to start placing bets on how long it is before Apple tanks without Steve Jobs around?

What's interesting to me is that the day after his passing, Apple stock went up several points...not sure what the logic is there.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

mindfullsilence wrote:
joebert wrote:

What's interesting to me is that the day after his passing, Apple stock went up several points...not sure what the logic is there.

Really? I heard that they went down a few points...
  • adamchen
  • Born
  • Born
  • adamchen
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Steve Job - Iconic Legends of all time. Hard working and innovative man who changes life and technology of millions of people. R.I.P Steve Job! You did an excellent job!
  • nodenyc
  • Born
  • Born
  • nodenyc

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is devastating. The support, tribute, and respect paid in his honor has been amazing, though.
  • ValerieCrutcher
  • Born
  • Born
  • ValerieCrutcher

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
:(

It's an irretrievable loss :(
  • bolderimage
  • Born
  • Born
  • bolderimage

Post 3+ Months Ago

He'll be missed :(
  • Bill_Thompson
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cancer Sucks.
Cancer sucks because it took our Jobs. (Steve Jobs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3Tz4Qik
  • maytinhxachtay
  • Born
  • Born
  • maytinhxachtay

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is very, very sad. great man who i admire.
  • shumicpi
  • shumicpi
  • Loc: Bangladesh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Steve Jobs the Great innovator will remain among us through his outstanding innovation.
  • shumitp
  • Born
  • Born
  • shumitp
  • Loc: United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

May rest in peace Steve jobs we will miss you.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 28 posts