PC USERS (NERDS)

• Omegalove
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Omegalove
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont get it PC users hate mac but they have an ipod and itunes wich are MAC products. I just dont get it.

PC are also really annoying when it comes to opening up too many programs at the same time bcus it'll jst freeze.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. Generalisations are insulting to every group involved; please don't make them.

2. iPod and iTunes are Apple products. The Mac is a computer. I love my Sony PSP, but am not so ga-ga over some of their other products. It is possible to like a part without liking the whole, or even to like the whole while not liking a part.

3. Are you a Mac user? You sound like one. If so, then you know it's Mac, not MAC.

4. I have *never* seen more platform-bashing than I have since I've joined the *Mac* user community, and I've been participating in one form or other of user discussions since the days of BBSses. So you see, it's really all a matter of personal experience and perspective.

5. The applications on my Mac Pro with 2GB RAM and 2 x 3.00GHz dualcore processors crash a bazillion times (statistically speaking *grin*) more than the applications on my PC. Does that mean my brand new Mac is worse than my 7-year-old PC with 512MB RAM? No, it means that a lot of my applications still run in Rosetta which sometimes makes for an unstable environment. My PC, by the way, is still on 24/7, just like my Mac, and still runs reliably and well. So your experience with PCs freezing signifies something wrong with that particular configuration, not a general epidemic among computers running Windows.

6. Please look up the difference between nerd, geek, and dork. Your usage of the term doesn't make too much sense. There are plenty of each type of individual using all three major operating systems, and plenty who aren't even anywhere near the field of IT and don't regularly use computers of any sort.

Have a lovely day. =]
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Omegalove wrote:
I dont get it PC users hate mac but they have an ipod and itunes wich are MAC products. I just dont get it.

like who? most "PC" (which PC is an acronym for personal computer, not a computer running windows although thats usually whats implied by the term) users that I interact with have no opinion about Macs. they dont care if they use a Mac or a "PC", they just want to get on myspace or check their email or write a paper.
and its already been explained that Apple produces all of the products so we dont need to go over that anymore i dont think :]
my computer running windows never "freezes" when i have many applications open simultaneously, and i have a single core processor with 1GB of ram. even when i'm using remote desktop, i can have AIM, firefox with multiple tabs, and a couple explorer windows open without the computer freezing. whens the last time you used the computer systems that you're trying to bash?
and what exactly is the point of starting a thread, stating that you know other peoples opinions about something when you really dont?

p.s. i run multiple distro's of linux on my "PC" too, and i dont have the problems you've stated with those OSs either. so you might just be doing something wrong..?
  • Omegalove
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Omegalove

Post 3+ Months Ago

WELL EVERYONE IM SORRY IF I OFFENDED YOU SO "WINDOWS USERS"

NO NEED TO GET AGREVATED! !GEEEZZZ!

COMPUTER PEOPLE GET SO EASILY OFFENDED AND ANGRY.

?
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Omegalove wrote:
COMPUTER PEOPLE GET SO EASILY OFFENDED AND ANGRY.

?

who's angry?

you do realize that Macs are computers too, right..?
and why type in all caps? its poor etiquette and makes it seem like you're yelling.
  • SuprSonic5
  • Student
  • Student
  • SuprSonic5
  • Loc: Michigan, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are generally many more programs and games that are combatible then on PC. Mac is generally more simple. Simple is good but a lot of people like more options I guess. Newer Macs do come with a lot of extra-better programs installed on them so thats 1 perk. Windows Vista is has a little bit of Mac-ishness to it. They simplified a lot of new components but you can also have everything classic like classic windows. This debate is entirely subjective.

Oh and about the Ipods. They have a "cool" factor. The Mac OS is a lot different then the Ipod. And my PC never freezes. Ever. Just keep it clean and in good working order and it'll return the favor.

Also there is software out that lets you run Windows inside of the Mac OS and vice versa. My friend got it for his Mac laptop to run windows games on it etc.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

justG wrote:
1. Generalisations are insulting to every group involved; please don't make them.

2. iPod and iTunes are Apple products. The Mac is a computer. I love my Sony PSP, but am not so ga-ga over some of their other products. It is possible to like a part without liking the whole, or even to like the whole while not liking a part.

3. Are you a Mac user? You sound like one. If so, then you know it's Mac, not MAC.

4. I have *never* seen more platform-bashing than I have since I've joined the *Mac* user community, and I've been participating in one form or other of user discussions since the days of BBSses. So you see, it's really all a matter of personal experience and perspective.

5. The applications on my Mac Pro with 2GB RAM and 2 x 3.00GHz dualcore processors crash a bazillion times (statistically speaking *grin*) more than the applications on my PC. Does that mean my brand new Mac is worse than my 7-year-old PC with 512MB RAM? No, it means that a lot of my applications still run in Rosetta which sometimes makes for an unstable environment. My PC, by the way, is still on 24/7, just like my Mac, and still runs reliably and well. So your experience with PCs freezing signifies something wrong with that particular configuration, not a general epidemic among computers running Windows.

6. Please look up the difference between nerd, geek, and dork. Your usage of the term doesn't make too much sense. There are plenty of each type of individual using all three major operating systems, and plenty who aren't even anywhere near the field of IT and don't regularly use computers of any sort.

Have a lovely day. =]

Wow JustG, you made your Mac Pro crash. I can make certain apps quite responding but never crash my OS. On a daily basis I have Finale Cut Pro HD, Adobe AE, Cinema 4D, PS, Flash, Dreamweaver, Firefox, Quicktime, and iTunes, all open at the same time and never crash. Are you sure your computer is ok. You know one of the selling points is that Mac OS X is not supposed to crash, ever. If your computer is crashing you might want to talk to Apple about that.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

OriginNO_II wrote:
Wow JustG, you made your Mac Pro crash ... If your computer is crashing you might want to talk to Apple about that.

Not sure where you got that. What I said was:
Quote:
The applications on my Mac Pro with 2GB RAM and 2 x 3.00GHz dualcore processors crash a bazillion times (statistically speaking *grin*) more than the applications on my PC.
  • mo_mughrabi
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

justG wrote:
OriginNO_II wrote:
Wow JustG, you made your Mac Pro crash ... If your computer is crashing you might want to talk to Apple about that.

Quote:
The applications on my Mac Pro with 2GB RAM and 2 x 3.00GHz dualcore processors crash a bazillion times (statistically speaking *grin*) more than the applications on my PC.

If a certain application crashes on your Mac, you always should refer to the log files. Go to Utilities and see the log files over there, am sure It will be confilict between software using same resource. try to meet the requirement when installing new applications, I think this is the best way of avoid such incidents..

http://www.macworld.com/2006/04/feature ... /index.php
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol i think the statistically speaking part was a reference to needing knowledge of how programs work. knowledge thats more intimate than "my program stopped working"....
i dont think he's saying he needs/wants help or really that theres anything that can/should be done about it. lol
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

@mo_mughrabi: Uh.. yeah. I know what I'm doing, but thanks.

"Statistically speaking" was a joke, hence the *grin*. "A bazillion times more than on my PC" is not an accurate statistic. Oy.
AnarchY SI wrote:
i dont think she's saying she needs/wants help...

(humour || sarcasm) && forum_posts != funny. *sigh* =]
  • mo_mughrabi
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

My bad, I didn't read the whole post.. I was going to a movie - ghost rider - so i was putting a reply as qick as possible
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

justG wrote:
AnarchY SI wrote:
i dont think she's saying she needs/wants help...

**opens mouth, inserts foot** lol sorry
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

justG wrote:
OriginNO_II wrote:

Quote:

Misread, didn't see the "applications".
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

justG wrote:

Have a lovely day. =]

Wow! I like me "PC" even more!

Even with all the viruses that it had collected!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

They're APPLE products, fanboi ! :D
  • truephatboi
  • truephatboi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Omegalove wrote:

PC are also really annoying when it comes to opening up too many programs at the same time bcus it'll jst freeze.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This guy joind this forum to say that

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Get a girlfriend.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts