Bing homepage pictures not showing

• landon1937
  • Born
  • Born
  • landon1937

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently switched from google to bing web browser. When I first switched it had the most beautiful pictures on the home page but since have disappeared and I can not figure out how to get them back. The pictures was a background for the bing home page and covered the full screen. Could someone help?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

they are still there for me, although at 1920x1080 resolution they definitely don't cover the whole screen. I'm thinking they are using silverlight, so you might want to check your silverlight installation.
  • landon1937
  • Born
  • Born
  • landon1937

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
they are still there for me, although at 1920x1080 resolution they definitely don't cover the whole screen. I'm thinking they are using silverlight, so you might want to check your silverlight installation.

Well I downloaded silverlight but no pictures. An example of the screen was a picture with the bing home page with the space to insert what you were browsing for and a small menu on the left side. the picutres could be changed via a little arrow from left to right and right to left at the bottom right of the screen. The space for searching was super imposed on top of the pictures. I thought that I had read somewhere that the pictures change daily but mine is still the blan screen.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, what you are describing is exactly what is still there. And the pictures do change every day still. It looks a little small on my screen shot, but at a lower resolution it would fill up the page.
Attachments:
bing.jpg

Bing home page.

When you go to bing.com do you see http://www.bing.com in your address bar or some different address (in other words a redirected address). I've seen several toolbars lately that hijack your home page and redirect you to a page that looks more like google (you know, very plain with just the place to enter your search) that are "powered" by bing. That could possibly be what you are getting now.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts