Does msn server keep the user history?

• lovelypig
  • Born
  • Born
  • lovelypig

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Does MSN server keep each msn users' history on the server?
Do anyone know it? Could you tell me please? I think no one wants their privacy exposing to others.

Thanks for your reply.[*]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do u mean MSN messenger? As far as I know, it lets you to choose between two options, that is save the chat history or not.

When you mean MSN server, I on another case assume you mean MSN itself, once you logged in. What kind of history have you declared to MSN? I'm sure not your credit card no. and things like that?
  • lovelypig
  • Born
  • Born
  • lovelypig

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I means the MSN messenger conversation history. When you logged in MSN, you provide your password for validation at the server side.

But how about the conversation history, will the MSN server keeps the conversation history.

I think it is free chatting there. If it needs charging for chatting, you just ignore my question.

Thanks ^^
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't worry, it's safe to talk in there. Free?? :scratchhead:

What kind of conversationg are you having? Are you representing some country as a diplomat or something??

That'll be a different case.
  • lovelypig
  • Born
  • Born
  • lovelypig

Post 3+ Months Ago

I means the chatting conversation in text format.

"Free"-->It is because you ask my credit card number, so I think you need to charge me $$$.

Do you know will the MSN server keep the each end-user conversation history at the server side ?
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, I'm not charging you. Yes, I think they will for their management purposes. But don't worry, they will not leak out the information as they like. Unless, it's hacked by someone from your friend's list...that I can't tell.
  • lovelypig
  • Born
  • Born
  • lovelypig

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your reply. MSN is not a safe chatting tool. I think it is a peer-to-peer chatting tool , a secure chatting tool that just the chatting people know the conversation . Maybe it is not. Maybe there is a lot of hacking tools available on the internet. >_<

^^ I believe MSN staff will not leak out the information. You considers right . Some of my friends may be not trustful.

Thanks^^
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i wouldnt call it safe either. They will store copies of conversations aswell.

To make it SAFE to chat use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) and then use just a lan chatting program.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts