I Love MSN

• nameslot
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I simply love MSN search. :D

Bcoz I am on the very first page for many of my sites in the MSN search engine.

Anyone else has this kind of experience or am I just lcuky to be there on the first page?
  • etech-racheal
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • etech-racheal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep, MSN is great. Compared with other search engines MSN is easy. It does not consider many points like other search engines. MSN generally considers backlinks.
  • nameslot
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

WOW I cannot believe it. I am on #1 on MSN for "Download Sharewares" My site: http://www.hotappz.com

I launched it just 20 to 30 days ago. And I was targetting this particular keywords as it had low competition.

Now I am on Number 1 position for it. So MSN is really showing results of the work I did.
  • Ganceann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Ganceann

Post 3+ Months Ago

MSN in my view uses more common sense for the majority of its SEO.

However, there are numerous times where some unrelated or highly irrelevant stuff does get into popular keyword searches.

It is not perfect, but I also favour their ranking above google and yahoo due to the fact that currently msn appears to be most responsive for on-page SEO + does not place an over-emphasis on off-page SEO.

My problem is the tag rel="nofollow"

There are many scraper sites that take content from my website, and put a rel="nofollow" tag at the end of the link to my site ... I get no credit from yahoo or google ( but seemingly get PENALISED)... that is not right, getting penalised for creating original material while the sites that scrape my content get rewarded and outrank me ... something definately amiss with that.

Msn on the other hand, I do not believe they impose any penalties for sites that use rel="nofollow" tag and as a result I rank much better for numerous search terms ... for all the search terms that I targeted in the less competitive ones I rank on the first page ... with 90% of them havin me at rank #1 + supplemental listing at rank #2.

The less competitive phrases also relate to more competitive phrases and I rank much higer for the more competitive phrases on msn than on google or yahoo ... I dont know how people find me from yahoo ( I haven't found my site when trying every search term i could think off ... but then I only get betwee 1-5 Yahoo referrals per day ... and they do have the highest pageviews per visit).

Google is similar - I did rank very well with google but it may have been during an update of their serps as my site is new it was ranked high then gradually slipped down the rankings and now is hard for me to find for many key phrases ( One main reason is that although google has spidered my full site, it has only indexed the anchor link pages in its index, and the majority of the content is in supplemental results which do not display any results ... I rank highly on msn for all search terms associated with what is currently in the google supplemental index... hopefully in time I will also rank well in google for those terms).

Msn overall has the lowest incubation period for full indexing which is likely why I rank best on there ... I just hope to be able to maintain the position and in time for both google and yahoo to catch up and take the majority of my content from their supplemental indexes and into the main index so I can see how I rank.
  • camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Once again, MSN has found my new site first.
  • PuneetJvw
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • PuneetJvw
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am surprised everyone is happy with Msn because they are getting top rankings.

If everybody is getting top rankings then who is there on the non first pages of Msn ?

Ps : My site is ranked on the first page for Search engine optimization training.

Regards/Puneet M.
  • camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Puneet,

Keyword "a popularity contest". My site went live 6/30/2006. Already indexed by them, and I am in 4th place. I also know that yahoo, and google bots have visited my site. No results from them yet.

Google may be key for traffic, but they won't continue to be if they can't keep the pace. I think people want results from web pages that are old and new, not just old ranked.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't expect MSN to be like this forever. It's just another reason they are in 3rd place for overall search engine use. To much spam by making it way to easy for sites to get to page 1 in a very short amount of time.
  • aksana

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like MSN too. I had a good ranking last 4 months. But this month MSN doesn't serch my site very good. And I can't understand why? But I wish my site will have a good ranking again, because it has a high quality content!(http://www.777-online-gambling.net)
  • ablaye
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ablaye

Post 3+ Months Ago

etech-racheal wrote:
Yep, MSN is great. Compared with other search engines MSN is easy. It does not consider many points like other search engines. MSN generally considers backlinks.

I disagree. I have good rankings in Google for some keywords but I am nowhere to be found on MSN or Yahoo.
So far, my SEO techniques have worked well for Google but failed miserably for MSN and Yahoo.
  • vision
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I created a new site a few months ago. I was targeting a two word phrase, got a couple of links from a single site...

MSN I now show up #1 & #2.

Yahoo I rank 90ish

Google - yea right!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts