MSN difficult?

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was just having a look at daremedys site which shows how many links i have displayed on top search engines. These search engines are MSN, Yahoo, and Google. I did a search and discovered that while i have 18 on Google, 23 on Yahoo and 0 on MSN.

Are there any techniques i could be using to help MSN see my website and therefore list it in its listings?
  • WebFreedom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • WebFreedom

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
I was just having a look at daremedys site which shows how many links i have displayed on top search engines. These search engines are MSN, Yahoo, and Google. I did a search and discovered that while i have 18 on Google, 23 on Yahoo and 0 on MSN.

Are there any techniques i could be using to help MSN see my website and therefore list it in its listings?

Hi SB,

Based on my understanding, MSN is actually *easier* to rank in than Google or Yahoo! - namely because they place a greater emphasis on on-page factors. You may want to brush up on on-page SEO and apply the principles to your site. Some simple suggestions would be:

-keywords at beginning and end of pages
-good keyword density (3% - 6%)
-alt tags for all images
-use of H1 headers, bold, italics for keywords

Good luck! :D

HTH,
Sam
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the help. Just to let you know i dont particularly know anything about SEO so i am trying to understand what you mean about the keyword density (3% - 6%). Is it possible to explain to me what you mean by that?
  • WebFreedom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • WebFreedom

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Thanks for the help. Just to let you know i dont particularly know anything about SEO so i am trying to understand what you mean about the keyword density (3% - 6%). Is it possible to explain to me what you mean by that?

Hi SB,

Keyword density is the ratio of keywords to content words - so, for example, if you had a paragraph of 100 words, and three of those words were your keywords, your keyword density would be 3%.

Let me know if you have any other questions - if I can't answer them, I may be able to steer you in the right direction. :D

Sam
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fir starters, forum signatures are a great way to get new websites indexed fast. :wink:
  • pizzaman
  • pizzaman

Post 3+ Months Ago

would anyone know why
a-i have the least pages indexed in msn than yahoo and google and how i can have more pages indexed
b- wht the number of pages indexed is wrong
  • bermuda
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bermuda

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can help getting more pages listed by adding some new links not only to your homepage but also to the sitemap page of your website.
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

bbott1982 wrote:
Fir starters, forum signatures are a great way to get new websites indexed fast. :wink:

One of the moderators said recently that this wasn't true of Ozzu (which surprised me tbh) - anyone care to comment?
  • pizzaman
  • pizzaman

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes signature link are nofollow here but for msn and yahoo i don't know

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts