MSN out of Beta

• gardenstew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Malmö, Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys and gals,

Is everybody seeing MSN Search out of Beta now? I visited it this morning and the Beta label was gone. Looks like they have finally switched.

It also localized for the country I am in i.e. it redirected to search.msn.se
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not to mention they changed their website layout as well:
http://www.imagine-msn.com/search/tour/msnhomepage.aspx
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

BIG BIG increase in hits from MSN in the last few days.

Ozami went from getting about 200 hits to over 1500 a day.... thought it was a mistke somewhere but spent a while checking up and their has certainly been a big shift in rankings.

Also with another project i'm helping with - hits from MSN has almost doubled...

I'm liking the new MSN ;)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm seeing results cached as recently as yesterday. And I definitely like the results I'm seeing.
  • ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

Me too. My site was recached yesterday right after I made some changes that have me at #1 for two of the most competetive keywords in my category (including the most competetive :) ). Now I just hope Google starts reindexing more... they dropped me from 3 to 6 after the last index before my changes yesterday :(

I never thought I'd say MSN had a better search :) they really did a good job tho... right now for me it's google vs. MSN and Yahoo/altavista/inktomi aren't even in the game as far as good search results. Something is wrong there for the stuff that is going on to still be going on with their results.
  • beefcakejcc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • beefcakejcc
  • Loc: Atlanta,GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the letter from Bill Gates on msn.com removes all doubt. Gotta say I'm happy with the rankings. Now I just need MSN to attract some users.
  • ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hail to the Chief!! I just checked on another site of mine along with a lot of other keywords and my sites are really ranking well (which they usually do when you filter out the crap from the serps, which apparently MSN is doing a pretty decent job of). I guess Microsoft finally did SOMETHING right :) the question is will it last?

I hope people give the new msn search a chance and check it out (both because it's giving good results + it gives good results for my sites ;) ).

Looks like they do give a little more credit to overall content & proper on-page optimization and less to link popularity... I hope this becomes a trend as my sites will really benefit (no crew here, just me against the world and i can only request so many links ;) ). My sites tend to have more natural links (non-reciprocal) than other sites that do a lot of link requests, so maybe that is another factor -- can anyone confirm this?
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

msn is the top most referer of my site nowadays, some times it comes out with beta tag, today cant find beta version...

Good luck msn

Kashyap
  • wormser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • wormser

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm getting almost all of my traffic from msn now. Anyone have a site thats done worse? Sounds like every =one is doing better so far. MSN RULES!
  • shadeofpale
  • shadeofpale
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like it to. I compare it to Google with links to my site.
And MSN got them all wich Google didn`t. And yes I know all the sites that links to mine.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just because our sites rank high it does not mean that it’s good. A lot of sites for single key words are just crap though I am basing results on the UK. MSN Search just looks like an old Google with some naff sites included at the top.

When MSN gets good it will just be the same as Google because that’s what you get using a non-human algorithm.

The only alternative set of results can only be powered by a human directory. Looksmart is and it does a good job IMO.
  • ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

well if MSN looks like an old google then I prefer an old google... :) and MSN does use a non-human algo... why does a good non-human algo return google results? Personally in the topics I usually search google doesn't return great results and right now MSN is returning more relevant results. Could just be my searches, but that's good enough for me, and if others feel the same way it'll be good enough for them :)
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Must be just in the UK results?
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

not all good news for everyone.
one of my sites dropped out of MSN for its kewords :-(
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Most of my internal pages not linked from the homepage are pretty much dead in the index.
  • fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Diego / Beijing

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seeing more credit with back links. No google-like-filter for backlinks. You can see by just doing a link:www.yourdomain.com and get more results in MSN than Google in most cases. Seems to be updating it's index much more quicker than google too. I just added a few pages and they are already showing up as being indexed. This makes my job much easier.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts