• Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont understand because on that new search i am number one for "wedding website design" yet on normal MSN seach i am not even on the first page?
  • Buster
  • Student
  • Student
  • Buster

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the feedback option next to each result.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

it looks alrite to me. but its supposed to be realli good. This the prototype ?
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

"i dont understand because on that new search i am number one for "wedding website design" yet on normal MSN seach i am not even on the first page?"

That's because the current msn search is using results from purchsed from another company. The new prototype is using results that msn has captured with their new crawler. This is more than just a new interface...it a new algo.
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

WOW so does that mean that i will be number one when MSN releases this as the normal search? if so that should get me loads of traffic right?
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe....not sure if they're going to keep the results as is...or tweak them. But I would think if your number one now you could expect to be in the top ten after a minor algo change.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Knowing MS...they will probably figure out a way to rank sites higher that use MS technology (ASP, .Net, Window 200X server)
  • beefcakejcc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • beefcakejcc
  • Loc: Atlanta,GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I'm not sure how great of results it returns. But my sites are doing better than they do on Google, Yahoo or current MSN. This would be absolutely great for me.

actually one thing I notice is that there doesn't seem to be a difference when you type in stuff like: how to play mandolin or how to play the mandolin. They return the same results which would be different than google. However plurals seem to be pulling up different results.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree...it's seems to be a very simple algo that MSN is using....the search phrase is taken as a literal string...as if you enclosed the search phrase in quotes on google....sites that have the exact phrase you search for are the one's that rank high....and they are very bad at consolidating the results...I did a search and it came up with the first 5 pages of results all from the same site...it wasn't until page 6 that other domains were listed.....those first 5 pages could be compressed into one link....I also noticed that the title tag is weighed very heavily...as well as the placement of keywords in the title....the closer to the beginning of the title the better the rankings.
  • discountdomains
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • discountdomains
  • Loc: Telford UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Love it I am #3 for Domain Name Registration.

Clare

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts