MSN Spending Big

• Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3466741

If anyone else see's the advert's and can point me in the right direction let me knw.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Sheepdip
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Castle Anthrax

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you looking for the amount that MSN is spending on advertising? (see here: brandweek.com/brandweek/headlines/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000787149)

...or are you trying to find out how to sponsor search terms? (see here: advertising.msn.com/adproducts/adproducttype.asp?aptid=aptid8)

I sent a request to them and they were supposed to get back with me within two days... it's day three now, but if you want to know what they say when they call, let me know.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually I was looking for their adverts there using to promote themselves with lol. It wasn't a trick question hehe ;)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the way I read the article, it looks like you'll get your first opportunity during the Superbowl, Jess.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

There's a Superbowl soon? :twisted:
  • Sheepdip
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Castle Anthrax

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jess wrote:
Actually I was looking for their adverts there using to promote themselves with lol. It wasn't a trick question hehe ;)

Gotcha. I read it over about three times and wasn't sure exactly what you wanted. I am going to guess that you won't have to look far once the advertising begins. If you recall the butterfly and Windows XP ads, they were everywhere. :)
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

300 million is a lot of marketing power.
  • Gandalf
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

From what i read in this article and understand about marketing, 300, 000 is a lot of money that MS is wasting. They are trying to fight google while never really admiting google exists in their ads.

I am not saying that msn needs to say 'google exists' or something but they at least need to position against google. While their ad seem to just say something like search with msn.com but why?
  • fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Diego / Beijing

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gandalf wrote:

I am not saying that msn needs to say 'google exists' or something but they at least need to position against google. While their ad seem to just say something like search with msn.com but why?

That's a really good point. I haven't seen any of their ads and if they had some during the superbowl - I must have missed it. Did anyone catch them?

I have a feeling it's going to be a staged approach. First introduce the concept of search marketing then zero in on why msn is better (also buys them time to figure out what to say against google).

I read an article somewhere that makes a interesting point that as MSN is pouring in all thsi money, it's going to help everyone in the SEO business becuase it gets the word out about search. So brace yourselves for a busy 2005!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts