msn switched main search to beta?

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didn't notice it had been mentioned yet, but I just went to msn.com and did a couple keyword searches and noticed for the first time that the results were from the beta.

Hope I'm not repeating what has already been mentioned, but I don't recall seeing it noted here yet.

// just found this from zdnet:
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-5537328.html
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bb99
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bb99
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, i have tested a number of computer from different location in Singapore, all are showing the beta search result. But some time after i delete the cookies from the pc, it show back the old msn result but i chnage the keyword it went to the beta search result.

But now seen that even i delete the cookies it still show the beta result.

what others are getting ???
  • tojan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Gdynia, Poland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Msn was testuing it' beta search for some time and recently it was implemented for chosen ones (random?).
right now it seems like its switching for good everybody.
  • gardenstew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Malmö, Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes Beta is showing in a lot of places now and I don't think it is going to switch back to the old one now.

Once again I will post the link to the tool to check your rankings on the new MSN http://www.devppl.com/msnbetarankings.php :)
  • ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I like this new beta. Came up as the #3 site for my highly competetive keyword w/ my new seo'd site... before i redid the design the beta had me almost nowhere... too bad it screwed my yahoo/inktomi rankings, but then again a big part of that is because of all the spam seo people in my target keywords :(

i really don't think the search engines are serious about that... it tells you something when you bring up a search on a highly competetive keyword and more of the sites are spam sites for rankings than real sites and the serps stay that way for months on end... and when you report the abuse and nothing is done... ah well. :)

Now that MSN is on their own rankings they've left inktomi's crap behind... i don't blame them. if i were buying inktomi search results i'd switch or develop my own.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts