New MSN Beta Search

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

This has been out for a short time, not sure if anyone noticed it though:
http://techpreview.search.msn.com

It looks like MSN is looking heavy into on-site optimization and gives a huge benefit to those with the keyword phrase in the URL...more than Yahoo or Google.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ZenSEO
  • Student
  • Student
  • ZenSEO

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I love MSN search - old or new, a lot easier to get pretty high rankings :)
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I first saw this back in June of this year: http://www.ozzu.com/bing-forum/msn-search-sneak-preview-t27520.html

They took the site down for a while but now it's back up....the index is missing alot of sites though.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yahoo changed its look as well. :-)
looks like a ISP web site now. lol.
  • endeavour
  • Born
  • Born
  • endeavour
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

Vetofunk your right about the new Msn being into on-site optimization in a big way. I spent ages doing mine and it seems to be paying off.

Also not sure if this is of interest to anyone , but I made a mistake with the order of my meta keywords and I suddenly dropped out of the new Msn search engine top results, then I dropped out of the old Msn and Yahoo at the same time,

So I put keywords back in the order they were and I was back at the top 1st for one and 2nd for another.

Hopefully I will be back in the old Msn and Yahoo where I was.

So does this mean we can use the new Msn as an early warning system, if we make silly mistakes ?

By the way I do have keywords in my url.

Also this is the first website I have done and the first SEO I haver done, so I will keep you posted to what happens with my old msn and yahoo positions..
  • endeavour
  • Born
  • Born
  • endeavour
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry I should make a correction it was a week later that I dropped out of the old Msn and Yahoo top positions.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am guessing that the dropping of positioning was not due to loss of the keyword meta tag, that tag is "almost" useless, for now anyway.

Yahoo and MSN use to work off the same results, so if you were gone from one, you were mostl likely gone from both. We have noticed many people drop out and pop back into good positioning now and then. I highly doubt its from your keyword tag.
  • fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Diego / Beijing

Post 3+ Months Ago

doesn't look like site match entries are showing up in the new msn. I know msn dropped site match awhile ago. Good to know that they are going solo on this one.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

fourthring wrote:
doesn't look like site match entries are showing up in the new msn. I know msn dropped site match awhile ago. Good to know that they are going solo on this one.

MSN dropped site match almost 2 months ago.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts