Sandbox in MSN.

• the master06
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: pits

Post 3+ Months Ago

has anyone in this forum also ever experienced sandbox effect in MSN? i asked this question because i had a friend who used to rank in his target keywords when all of a sudden he dropped into nowhere. he even got to the top spot.

share your experiences please.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is he still indexed? If not, he must have been spamming. It has been the talk that MSN is really ramping up the banning of sites. Seems like they are really going after Adsense/Yahoo Publisher and affiliate sites these days. Your friend is not alone.

Now if he just lost positioning, it's going to happen. His competitors are just working harder than he/she is.
  • the master06
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't really seen the site for about two weeks now and i bet he is still not indexed.

His site disappeared after ranking even #1 top spot for a certain keyword. I've been helping him promote the site for a contest when that happened.

For sure he is not spamming because he already had a thousand links to his domain originally before he joined the contest.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just because he has a lot of links doesn't mean he's not spamming. And he doesn't have to spam, I have talked to people that MSN dropped for being affiliates and adsense sites that were ranking very well for MSN...MSN just doesn't want those types of sites in top positions.
  • the master06
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you very much for the tip. i appreciate it.
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didn't even know they had a sandbox effect. The thing is when I submit my sites and build back links I normally just look at my sites performance in Google and then realise after a few months that I am also getting traffic from google and then will I take more interest in MSN.

The reasons for looking more into Google is that they get around 50 - 55% of searches and MSN only has around 9 - 11% of searches.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts