why?

• webmasterforum
  • Student
  • Student
  • webmasterforum

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just recently my site the Webmaster Forum has been indexed on MSN. I am ranked number 6 for the keyword "Webmaster Forum" yet I hardly get any traffic. What is the problem?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that says more about the percentage of users that use MSN search engine than your site....
  • boohlick
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

just to follow what she said... to be able to get traffic in search engines, you must have a good rank in google and yahoo. 60 % of the searches is done in google, 20 % in yahoo, 10% in msn. and the rest is done in the other Search engines.

So if you want to get more traffic ... optimize it for google and yahoo..

Cheers !!! :)
  • webmasterforum
  • Student
  • Student
  • webmasterforum

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've tried. Googlebot does not like me however. I requested my site to be listed in Feburary, still not listed. :( Same with Yahoo.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

webmasterforum wrote:
I've tried. Googlebot does not like me however. I requested my site to be listed in Feburary, still not listed. :( Same with Yahoo.

Do you realise how competitve the term "Webmaster Forum" would be? You probably just struck lucky with the term in MSN because you are going to need a serious optimization campaign to achieve within yahoo and google for that term.
  • MidwestMerchant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google seems slower than the other SE's as well..They take longer to show link popularity, and longer to crawl all pages on your site. Thats what i've noticed anyways which is kind of funny cause Google always indexes my index page before other SE's and seems to crawl it very often..
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google will take much longer than any other engine. Having the keyword term in your URL and a little luck will equal good positioning in MSN.
  • BooGiE_MaN
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cape Town, South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've had my site up for a couple of weeks now, I've already had a hit from MSN. Google is slow to recrawl my site and is yet to give me any results as yet. MSN also gives my site a higher link popularity than any other SE
  • shoaib
  • shoaib

Post 3+ Months Ago

my website appears up near the top on most popular keywords on msn, the same keywords are not ranked at the top of goolgle however i don't get many reffers from msn and do better with google. so don't be suprised if youre on top of msn and are not getting traffic !.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I've had my site up for a couple of weeks now, I've already had a hit from MSN. Google is slow to recrawl my site and is yet to give me any results as yet. MSN also gives my site a higher link popularity than any other SE

:?
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

webmasterforum wrote:
Just recently my site the Webmaster Forum has been indexed on MSN. I am ranked number 6 for the keyword "Webmaster Forum" yet I hardly get any traffic. What is the problem?

because fewer people search MSN when compared to Google
and those who searched may be sticking to those site listed above your site
  • Animator
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Traffic?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts