Will the new Bing bring more traffic to adCenter clients?

• Creator013
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

There hasn't really been any talk about adCenter in nearly three years, so I think I'm safe starting a new topic. I read today that adCenter has a better conversion rate than AdWords, but that it has historically brought in less traffic than Yahoo! or Google. I'm a little curious: With the new Bing launching within the next month or two, is traffic to adCenter clients expected to be higher than in the past?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I could be wrong, but I thought the new Bing interface was launched at the end of June. Do you have a source which states another new interface is coming out soon? According to the Bing Community Blog which was dated on June 22, 2010 they rolled out many new features on that day already.

One thing I have heard that is happening in the next few months, is that Bing will be powering Yahoo! search results, and that includes Yahoo! transitioning over to using adCenter. Maybe that is what you were actually referring to? Here is a quote from their Yahoo's Transition Center FAQ page:

Quote:
Approximately three months in advance, advertisers will receive multiple communications from Yahoo! and Microsoft that will provide details on what to expect during the transition process. When the transition date arrives, Yahoo! and Microsoft will work together to transition your account to the adCenter platform.

So in that effect with Yahoo and Microsoft being combined, I would think that traffic from adCenter could definitely be higher as compared to in the past because not only will ads be served on Bing, but also on the new Yahoo search pages that will also be powered by Bing.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts