Wow Msn Is Amazing

• QuanTK
  • Born
  • Born
  • QuanTK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey all I just wanted to tell a sucess story I have with MSN.

I run a brand new forum gearing towards Microsoft stuff and I started it less then a month ago and WOW I am top ranked for 2 keywords I was targeting and the 2 keywords are Windows XP and Windows Media Player. I am trying now to rank for Internet Explorer. Wish me good luck. Oh and the traffic on them keywords are amazing also.

I am in dreamland now lol.
  • seoraja
  • seoraja

Post 3+ Months Ago

how much traffic do you get from msn for this top ranking?
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Repeat thread?
http://www.webproworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=72539
  • Americantruckbuyer
  • Student
  • Student
  • Americantruckbuyer

Post 3+ Months Ago

My websites also rank well on the first page of MSN for all keywords...

and yeah receive traffic from MSN as well as GOOGLE too

Regards
Puneet M
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

It doesn't matter if it is a repeat thread really I wouldn't imagin as it is a different forums. Not all visitors that use these forums will use them other forums that it is on.

Anyway, I am happy that you have had success with MSN for them chosen keywords.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually it does. It makes someone wonder the reasoning for signing up and posting the exact same thread in different forums. No questions, just stating how good MSN is.

Oh and then selling pharmaceuticals in their sig...can we say forum spam?

// I nixed the links since they were part of the post & made to appear like a sig. --joebert
  • john5269
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • john5269

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
Actually it does. It makes someone wonder the reasoning for signing up and posting the exact same thread in different forums. No questions, just stating how good MSN is.

Oh and then selling pharmaceuticals in their sig...can we say forum spam?

That could be forum spam actually. I didn't look at the amount of posts the user had. What I was on about is that I normally sometimes if I want to find something out quick or need some quick advice then I would post it in a few forums than just one so that I can get my advice quicker and also sometimes there is different types of poeple in different forums so I may get good response in one and negative sponses in another.

This happens like with asking for a site review. If you ask in a web design forum then you may get more negative responses and better professional advice than what you would get in an affiliate marketing related forum where you can also get a review of your site.

I hope you understand what I mean.
  • tiekie
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tiekie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, msn index fast and my websites rank well but only 5% of my
traffic comes from it ... pitty
  • fcs007
  • Born
  • Born
  • fcs007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you have any luck ranking high in msn yet ?
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there,

One thing is for sure, it is much easier to get on top of yahoo and msn than it is with google.

My website is not even released yet and I am in the #1 position on msn for "freelance programming". I am not getting much traffic from there though.

I would have used the robots.txt file to block my site from crawlers, but I think the amount of time in their index is a factor. So now I am trying to rush a little bit.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
  • Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Getting position in MSN is good but the main thing is to increase traffic on site.
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is not easy to rank high in MSN and need to follow the MSN algorithm and should be more focus to on-page factors.

fcs007 wrote:
Did you have any luck ranking high in msn yet ?
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

QuanTK wrote:
Hey all I just wanted to tell a sucess story I have with MSN.

I run a brand new forum gearing towards Microsoft stuff and I started it less then a month ago and WOW I am top ranked for 2 keywords I was targeting and the 2 keywords are Windows XP and Windows Media Player. I am trying now to rank for Internet Explorer. Wish me good luck. Oh and the traffic on them keywords are amazing also.

I am in dreamland now lol.

Great job! but what about the ranking on other majors.......google and yahoo........try for them also and sure you will get more traffic.
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

Himalayan wrote:
Getting position in MSN is good but the main thing is to increase traffic on site.

Yes, it's good if your keyword ranks in MSN but does it convert to traffic? If that is Google, I can say that you can have a good traffic once your keyword ranks well.
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess when you rank in MSN you can have a good traffic from it but not as good as Google...Remember that MSN is considered as one of the 3 main SE...
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm a service based company and don't sell a commodity globally as most of you on these boards do... So this means my traffic is very targeted with demographics (local/regional). I have to rank 1 or 2 for the top keywords or my traffic drops severly. Since the keyword phrases are unique for my market I will only receive 40 quality hits for DJs in Michigan/Michigan DJ/Michigan DJs/Michigan Wedding... et al.

I have noticed that MSN/YAHOO give me nothing when compared to GOOGLE. I might get a handful of visitors from the onpage optimization search engines, but GOOGLE sends 95% of my traffic. Now if my keyword phrase was searched 200,000 times a month, then I might like the other search engines more.
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

I encountered that too...most of my traffic came from google and a bit from yahoo...and nothing from msn...I wonder how it happen? but I believe that msn can give a better traffic too..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts