Is your site not rank well on Live Search?

• coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Are you facing problems in getting ranking on MSN. Is your website has good rank on Google and Yahoo but not on MSN then now you are at the right place.

In case your site is not performing in Live Search or or not ranks well and even your sites are not being indexed by Live Search then please follow some steps below that will sure help to improve your rank in Live search.

First and foremost at Live Search ranking is free and you can't pay to boost your website’s relevance ranking. We have a completely automated ranking process which takes into account a lot of different factors. These factors include web page content, the number and quality of websites that link to your pages, and the relevance of your website’s content to query terms. So let’s work through the possible issues and what you can do…

1. Have you built great content?

I’m sure you hear this all the time, but this is always the first item you should consider when thinking about SEO, because it is the primary influencer of all the other factors. Quality content has a long shelf life, and will accrue many quality backlinks over its lifetime.

Top factors in creating great content

Make it unique – make sure your content gets noticed by ensuring that it isn’t just one of a million similar articles. Find a way to make it different by focusing on a different subject, taking a different perspective, or making it entertaining.

Use the customer’s language – many times customers will use different words and phrases than you to describe your product or what they are looking for. For example, for a long time Microsoft’s official web site for Visual Basic did not rank well for the term VB, because our internal branding guidelines required that we always refer to the product by its full name. So customers were searching for “VB”, and none of our pages used that term.

Know what keywords to use – make sure that you use keywords that are important to your company or site within your pages. For example, if your business is located in a specific town, make sure you include the name of that town in your site, along with common words that describe what you do. Be careful not to get carried away using too many keywords.

Write good HTML – as you write content, make sure that you are using HMTL tags appropriately, so that search engines can more easily understand your content. For example, make sure your important keywords show up in title tags, header tags and anchor text. And put descriptive text in the alt tags on your images.

Here in detail at-
http://blogs.msdn.com/webmaster/archive ... -i-do.aspx
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice article. MSN is more on on-page so optimize your pages and build also somw quality backlinks.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice post, It's really hard to rank high on msn, But over the last few months with some hard work I have found an improvement in my ranking.
  • abc123ben
  • abc123ben

Post 3+ Months Ago

Although it is harder to get ranked with Live Search, I tend to not to worry too much in relation to how well indexed you are with Live Search, typically because it is less used. However, I am sure there is something going on where Microsoft is to buy Yahoo! and if this is the case is there a point to have Live Search for MSN and Yahoo! Search? They could integrate it together where Live Search uses results (or mixed results) of Live Search and Yahoo! Search results. The last time I used Live Search was last year, I remember searching for "phpBB forum hosting" and it came back with an error stating that the Live Search term has been blocked due to illegitimate search results, which proves that they haven't put good care into making sure appropriate results come back, as well as results that are related to the search term. That's why I always stick to Google for searching the Web, and I am sure many others do too.
  • Puneet Thakkar
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

x3mario wrote:
Nice article. MSN is more on on-page so optimize your pages and build also somw quality backlinks.

I had tried something like this for my site ... Added lots of unique content on my site homepage and other inner pages too ...

In few weeks after that my site was getting good traffic from MSN. :wink:

Try it out
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

My sites are doing fairly well in MSN just with onpage SEO
  • heygoofy
  • Born
  • Born
  • heygoofy

Post 3+ Months Ago

MSN prefer on page optimization. my site is ranking well on msn by doing on page seo optimization.
  • nysushi
  • Born
  • Born
  • nysushi

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm having trouble getting listed?
I submitted my site to MSN months ago and still nothing.

Is making multiple submissions bad?
  • the master06
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: pits

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've always had the biggest frustrations doing promotional move with MSN but since I learned that it takes numbers of links before you can rank in this search engine as well as Yahoo, I just did natural link building in a steady phase and at last, pop goes the weazel. It takes links for a webpage to rank in MSN (well at least in most cases).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts