Ozzu Banner Competition #2

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a more unique competition which includes a potential prize. I am looking to have a 728x90 banner developed for our newly redone website templates section on ozzu that will be coming soon:

http://www.ozzu.com/designs/

The purpose of the banner is to encourage members to signup as a Gold Premium Member on ozzu. For those of you who do not know you can see the premium member's benefits here:

http://www.ozzu.com/membership_upgrade.php

The main drawing point here for this banner is the fact the Gold Membership provides a lifetime discount of 20% off of all of our website templates that we sell. There is really no restriction as far as the format of the banner other than the pixel size. It must be 728x90 pixels. These banners can be in JPEG format, PNG format, GIF format with animation, or Flash format with special effects or anything else you want to use to dazzle the visitor and potential Gold Member.

Most of the people who view our website template section are looking to buy a template and the goal of this banner is to catch their eye and see that they could get 20% off of their template purchase, and any future template purchases by paying a one time fee to become a Gold member. This not only encourages people to become gold members, it also encourages our template customers to come back to us because they know they will always get 20% off of their purchase once they become a Gold Member.

There will be one guaranteed winner to this competition, with possibly a second winner. The guaranteed winner will be the favorite banner that members vote for. If I decide to use a banner other than the favorite then there will be a second winner. The winner(s) of this competition will get their account upgraded to a Gold Membership which at this time normally costs $100.00 USD to obtain.

Current Gold Members and Moderators would be exempt from receiving any prize since they all currently have that access. Everybody is welcome to participate, however.

If you have any questions on what I am looking for or what I would prefer you are welcome to ask them in this thread.

Please save your banner source file(s) as I may need to modify it slightly if I end up using it. Thanks!

Deadline: June 30, 2008.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

what colors would you prefer?
what text do you need in the banner?
do you have other text you would like to see in the banner?
do you want something with flash and flare or low key and simple?

more questions to come based on what you/others say.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

CowKiller wrote:
what colors would you prefer?

I am fairly open to colors, something that is catchy and grabs attention, but not enough to annoy the visitor.

CowKiller wrote:
what text do you need in the banner?

As far as text in the banner some examples could include (but not limited to any of these lines):

• Become a Gold Member and receive 20% all templates for life.
  • Learn how to get 20% off templates forever!
  • 20% Off Templates for Gold Members!
  • Gold Members get a 20% Discount on templates!
  • Gold Member == Huge savings on templates! 20%!
  • Pay once to become a gold member and get 20% off templates forever!

Basically it doesn't really matter as long as you communicate that it is possible to get 20% off of ozzu's website templates. You can be as creative as you want as long as you communicate that information somehow.

CowKiller wrote:
do you have other text you would like to see in the banner?

There is nothing else that really needs to be put in there, its optional but you could mention the word Ozzu in the banner to make it clear the ad is for Ozzu templates -- but that is up to you. Everyone is welcome to come up with their own text if they feel it can help communicate the message better. I would emphasize being creative and unique.

CowKiller wrote:
do you want something with flash and flare or low key and simple?

I want something that seems to do a really good job at communicating the message and grabs attention without annoying visitors. If it extremely flashy I would suggest to not have the banner loop and instead run once with a final static message at the end.
  • jeremyBass
  • jeremyBass

Post 3+ Months Ago

It'd be help full if we had some base elements, like if this was a design job. I at least ask for the logo in a esp/pdf outlined file.

Sounds like fun... i'l give it a go... after i figure out my dran question i have that is plaging me right now...

have a great day
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like fun and incentive is good enough. I'll try my best on this one...

I'll certainly try to come up with something...
  • HornyShauny
  • HornyShauny
  • Loc: Exeter, Devo, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you tell us the intended placement, is it for this site or are you going to place it on other sites as well. As this would effect what colours I use.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
This is a more unique competition which includes a potential prize. I am looking to have a 728x90 banner developed for our newly redone website templates section on ozzu that will be coming soon:

designs/
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

The banner ad will be placed on this site in our website templates area to encourage our template customers to purchase a gold membership on ozzu. The banner doesn't have to fit in with the ozzu theme, but it can if you want. Either way is acceptable.
  • RedBMedia
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you tell us about page placement (I.E. header, footer, sidebar ect.) This is a giant factor in my book.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Based on the size requirement
Bigwebmaster wrote:
728x90 banner

I would assume a header. That size would look silly in a sidebar. Also since this banner is to attract customers to sign up for a Gold membership, placing it in the footer would be counter-productive.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

It would be in the header area as Grinch said. We only have one 728x90 spot on ozzu, it would be in that location.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

will deffo be having a go at this
  • Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

considering entering
  • artcoder
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it permissible to use screen shots of some of your actual templates in the banner? Or is that against copyright regulations?
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do you want them submitting?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just provide a link to any submissions here in this topic. You can also use the BB code to also link the image directly.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

artcoder wrote:
Is it permissible to use screen shots of some of your actual templates in the banner? Or is that against copyright regulations?

It would probably be fine, I could possibly get it all approved if I were to use that banner. I would try to keep everything at a distance (sized smaller) instead of using a real time screenshot of anything. If you do use any please also include what template numbers you took part of so that I can use that for reference.
  • pedrokost
  • Born
  • Born
  • pedrokost

Post 3+ Months Ago

And where do we have to post it when done? So that users can rate it
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

pedrokost wrote:
And where do we have to post it when done? So that users can rate it

Post it in this thread. Once the deadline is reached I will put a poll up for all of the entries.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have any file size limits and is there a limit on the number of entries?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

No there is no limits to the number of entries. I would say file size should be reasonable. Maybe anything under 50 KB.
  • seo5000
  • Born
  • Born
  • seo5000
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Excellent! I'm in!

How do I do it exactly?
  • JChalups
  • Born
  • Born
  • JChalups

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm in...I agree on the need for a logo; and some guidelines if they are part of the judging element. Thanks. Fun idea! O^O
<~>
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
No there is no limits to the number of entries. I would say file size should be reasonable. Maybe anything under 50 KB.

So what you are saying is that if I make 5 or 6 different banners, I can enter them all and each will be eligable? Sweetness!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is correct, I see no reason to limit the entries. If you submit 10 entries and they all pretty much look the same (as in maybe just different colors), I will probably only allow one to be entered. Each entry should look quite a bit different from the previous you made.
  • dxlwebs
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • dxlwebs

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is my banner its small in size so it will load fast

to view the banner properly right click and push view image or just follow the image address and it will show it in full size with no corrosion!
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

That one's good, it kind of pops out at you.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

dxlwebs, I was under the impression bigwebmaster was giving a bunch of possible lines to put in, not a big chunk of text that says the same thing over and over ;)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes those are all ideas for lines, it wasn't intended as a big chunk, and anybody is welcome to use whatever they want. They are not a requirement. You guys are welcome to come up with your own creative text.
  • totoymolah
  • Born
  • Born
  • totoymolah
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks interesting..where can i get a clean transparent logo(dragon)?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 127 posts