Photography Competition #33: Nature

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Howdy!

The next topic is : Nature. Be creative!

Rules: This is strictly a photography contest! No photo chopping, but contrast, brightness, levels and other minor touch-ups (healing tool will be allowed for film and print scans). Please avoid any text on the photograph, except at most a copyright statement, remember distractions like text can take away from the composition. Digital and film photography are both allowed. Only one submission per user will be allowed.

You MUST have taken the image yourself.

Max size dimension: 640px (including border)
Max file size: 150kb
File name: Please name your entry the same as your user name (or as close to as possible if your user name has characters that are not allowed in file names)
(Please ensure your entry meets the above before entering your image)

Length: Competition closes Friday Aug 3, 2007

Voting lasts five days after close of competition.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I might join in on this competition as well :). I already have some pictures to choose from :scratchhead:
  • mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay guys here is one that I just took two weekends ago in Bervard NC on the edge of the great smokey mountains.

• psynegy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psynegy
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

This picture was taken from the back lanes to Winsley, overlooking Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire, UK.

Small Size (640x480):

Original:
http://psynegy.com/images/Lush-Green.jpg
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Photograph taken at the top of Arthurs Seat, Edinburgh, Scotland. The lake is sitting on the top of the mountain which is situated in the centre of the city.

i was actually sitting in my car driver seat taking random photographs from the seat.

Here is another photograph i considered for this competition, although this isn't the competition entry.

Birds on Arthurs Seat
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow lots of great entries. I wonder if I can find a good one to submit as well :)
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

My entry:
I took this in Warragamba, which is a town at the foot of the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney.
  • CA-SA
  • Busy Student
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Under the giant stack of papers

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is a random picture I took on July 24, 2007:

• Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heres a picture I took about this time a year ago while on vacation at the Sequoia National Park in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

• Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yay, got more entrants :) There's some pretty cool pics here, keep them coming :)
  • elektric
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Mexico

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is my entry, took it this morning at San José del Cabo, BCS, México at 6:50 am. Hope you like it, its all natural, nothing added or removed. Original contrast and colors.

• SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

mtg131g, psynergy and breeze - you're images break one small but important rule in this competition. The file sizes exceed 150kb. If you could PM me your new file location and i'll change the post for you.

OriginNO_II, your filename needs to be the same as your username. This way we can identify who's entry belongs to who and makes it easier and quicker to set up the competition polls. Likewise, if you could PM me the new file location then that would be appreciated.

I will have the polls up hopefully by the end of the weekend, so if you fail to send them before the competition end date (which is tomorrow) then if they are in no later than sunday evening then i'll have to continue without them unfortunately. Any new entry recieved after tomorrow will not be accepted.
  • psynegy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psynegy
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've re-uploaded my picture, it is now 149.74 kB, rather crafty I thought considering...
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you.
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Too bad :( got back from holiday yesterday night. I got some really nice photo's that would fit this comp, but it's too late now....
  • CE/ Pyrocy
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Santa Barbara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

awwwww man... i just got internet back today after movin to Colorado and i got a pic of a golden eagle on a post and in the backround is SOPRIS mountain. o well i'll save it for another comp

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts