Photography Competition #61: Seasons/Workplace

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello!

The next photography competition topic is : Seasons/Workplace - Interpret this how you may, have you enjoyed the recent weather? is there a good photo taken recently that demonstrates the current season. Perhaps you have an archived photograph from Spring or even Winter? If you don't have that, then what about your workplace? are you one of those people that spends most of your time working and hasn't got alot of time to take photographs in the sun/rain/snow? Be creative!

Rules: This is strictly a photography contest! No photo chopping, but contrast, brightness, levels and other minor touch-ups (healing tool will be allowed for film and print scans). Please avoid any text on the photograph, except at most a copyright statement, remember distractions like text can take away from the composition. Digital and film photography are both allowed. Only one submission per user will be allowed.

You MUST have taken the image yourself.

Max size dimension: 640px (including border)
Max file size: 150kb
File name: Please name your entry the same as your user name (or as close to as possible if your user name has characters that are not allowed in file names)
(Please ensure your entry meets the above before entering your image)

Length: Competition closes Saturday 21st August, 2010

Voting lasts five days after close of competition.
Moderator Remark: Unsticky...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This one should be fun! I'll try and take a sunset over the cooling towers at my work. :)
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

A nice summer day for a hike.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's always pretty interesting when you can say "summer day" and still see snow!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Attachments:
atno.jpg

Summer time on the beach.

Summer...(obviously)! (And yes, the child is in there to sway votes lmao! )
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont think I'll be able to get the picture I want of my workplace but on Tuesday this picture was in our newsletter and it was the angle I wanted to take mine at, but with out the guards :lol:

Attachments:
en.jpg

I'll see what else I can come up with for my actual submission.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

That would be a cool shot. I have the Shippingport plant close to my home town area that I've been wanting to get shots of for years and never have. Actually I was torn between posting the beach shot and a really good shot I took of an RCP (Reactor Cooling Pump) motor just after it was decontaminated, refurbished and freshly painted.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

uhhhmm, my first photo uploaded on this contest, so don't be harsh with me :D
Attachments:
seaside.jpg

castle by the sea in mid summer

• SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Due to a great bit of luck i have managed to get my hands on a brand new camera, very ideal for what i am after which should allow me to participate in more competitions. Of course, i couldn't not take part in this competition as the topic title allows people to put a vast range of photographs in.

I am going to go along the same route as ATNO here and post a photograph of my niece whom i hadn't seen in nearly 2 years until just the other day. Photograph taken yesterday when she tried to consume an ice cream from a different angle...

Attachments:
sb.jpg
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

IceCold, i just wanted to remind you that one of the competition rules states the photograph must be named after your ozzu username. This rule is important as it makes the member who compiles together all the entries job a bit easier. If you could please change the photograph title that would be appreciated.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh, yes i would ... if i only could ... but unfortunately the edit button is not available anymore. Can i hack it? can i? can i? :)
Ohh, seems i can no longer do that. But if you give me access to the database, i`ll make sure to change it :idea: :mrgreen:
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't worry about it. I'll do it for you later. If you submit to any other comps then keep it in mind.

Good entries from everyone so far. Keep them coming.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tomorrow is the last day. Any more entries?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Comp closed.

Got a few things happening at the moment away from Ozzu which has put this way down on my priority list. If another moderator fancies creating a poll page i'd appreciate this.

Not sure when i'd be able to get back to this.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts