Request a competition

• Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Edit to competition request: Only TITLE and STYLE elements allowed in the HEAD element, and the CSS must conform to CSS 1 or CSS 2.1.
  • rtrev64
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rtrev64

Post 3+ Months Ago

how about video comps?
  • Rabid Dog
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I still think a coding challenge would be great. I hear what was said previously, that it can't be used without having to be modified. So set up code challenges that can be reused (take a look at the postings in http://www.ozzu.com/programming-forum/program-save-number-list-txt-file-000000-606060-t36685-15.html)

That type of code can be used over and over.
  • Sulfin
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

That would be super cool, but there would be complications with file size, wouldn't there? Anyways, I'm all for this
  • rtrev64
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rtrev64

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could shrink that to 6mb's. I don't think sizes would be a problem.. you have vids?

I had vids my pc just went to hell and back and I lost all my work and lost some desire but not really desire, just kicking back. Once I get back into it , I would not stop.

I have adobe after effects and I spend all my time learning that but I have other software that I could use if I had to.
  • Sulfin
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont have any special software, but me and my firends make hilarious comedy movies. We can use blue screens, its pretty cool.
  • rtrev64
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rtrev64

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dude how do you do that? I have chroma keryer effect on the sony move studio and I am sure on the adobe after effects but I don't know how to use blue screen on the after effects but on the sony I can but on the sony, all it does is just ad a background. But for instance, I cannot add lets say someone standing in front of something and use the blue screen to put a totally diffrent background without the colors fading and mismashing and darkend etc.. it does not look like a natral fit. how you do it?

Ill give you a link to a newly created forum room and we can go from there with video comps and comparing.
  • Sulfin
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is probably guna bemy last entry today, I don't have internet at home.
I'll PM you when I'm available again, might take a while, though.

Anyways, my friend has this software, after you upload the video onto your computer, you just wipe out a colour completely and just add a background. Like you said. Its hard to make it look good cuz of un-proffesionalism. Yeah, you have to have super-perfect lighting and all.

Whay i like to do is insert a person into a cartoon world backgound. Really cool. Or the opposite, make a cartoon in a live background. G2G
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

In the New Year after the Ozzu Oscars have been held and announced, I will have a look through this thread for some ideas on some different competitions besides photography :D
  • rtrev64
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rtrev64

Post 3+ Months Ago

Rose you would be disqualified.. :oops: You already have the advantage.. just kidding. I look foward to your vids and let us play along.

we will have to make the rules and such and the file size as to make it viewable to everyone.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

rtrev64 wrote:
Rose you would be disqualified.. :oops: You already have the advantage.. just kidding. I look foward to your vids and let us play along.

we will have to make the rules and such and the file size as to make it viewable to everyone.

What kind of video comp do you mean? Can you give me some specific ideas?

:D
  • rtrev64
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rtrev64

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a 3-5 minute video about anything but mainly about your work and you add special effect etc.. just create something.

I hope to get more people interested just to have fun..
  • Daniel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Daniel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could we have a seo contest ?
  • rtrev64
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rtrev64

Post 3+ Months Ago

seo contest?
  • Daniel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Daniel

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes a seo contest like who can rank first for a made up word on google :)
  • cubechris
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Gloucester, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about a photography contest for technology?
In which you could catch objects you have in a certain light.

For example an abstract photo of an ipod, or your PC, or console, or even your home entertainment, and with this allow PS edits?
  • rtrev64
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rtrev64

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are already photo contests, lets go for video..
  • Nephrosis
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

guys how much of you play an music instrument maybe we could make a
competion on that would be fun tho but how to arrenge a competion like
that and how many play an instrument and how many will bother matters...
but the idea is good isnt it? :P
  • Nephrosis
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

grr sry didnt see the "REQUEST A COMPETITON " topic realy sry :oops:
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman
  • Loc: England, Hartlepool, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

wouldn't anyone want a competition where you have to draw a picture of something, i'm not sure what, just something good, would have to be a really detailed picture with something out of the ordinary really happening, like final fantasy games, sci-fi stuff etc

like one time i drew a hill with one person standing on it while in the background buildings where been ripped apart and flung all over and people been flung all over, i don't even know why i done it i just thought it would be fun

i donno what i would draw this time and if anyone would want this competition but i think it would be fun to try, i would lose though because my drawings ain't the best i always have an idea in my headbut can't get it onto paper, but either way still be fun to try :)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am thinking the next competition might be a website development comp. I'll come up with the subject and you guys can create the website... what do you think?

I may even rustle up a prize for it... I have some ideas...

What do you guys think, is this something you would be interested in?

How would you feel if it had a community project angle to it? eg: creating a website for a charity that doesn't have one or something, or a local club etc? (the prize could be a years hosting and a domain name for them for example)

Would you prefer you were judged by your peers or a panel of web design experts?

Tell me your thoughts please :D

Rose
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the idea! I'm interested in participating.

I'd like to see all the submission judged in more than one category. Like, Best Overall, Best Visual Design, Best HTML/CSS, etc.

I think there should be a single starting point, like a logo that everyone has to use.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice one dM.

how do you feel about the idea of creating something for a club or community service agency etc? or do you think people would prefer to do it for themselves?

i would love some feedback on ideas from everyone :D
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If we could produce something for a charitable orgainization, well, that would only ROCK! ;)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah I think that would be pretty cool too. i am happy for my business to donate the hosting space and domain name for a year to the winner and i am sure we can rustle up some other ideas for prizes too.
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
yeah I think that would be pretty cool too. i am happy for my business to donate the hosting space and domain name for a year to the winner and i am sure we can rustle up some other ideas for prizes too.

i like that idea, infact i love it, well bearing in mind that i could actually do it :roll: worth a try and even if i don't win or anything, good practice

i would have a few questions if you don't mind answering them, here they are:

1. What colour scheme would the site be in, we pick ourselves or certain colours required?
2. What languages are alowed? (HTML, PHP, CSS etc)
3. Would there be any file size limits?
4. Can you produce it using any program you want? (Photoshop, Notepad etc)

I think thats all about i would like to know for now, nice idea it would be fun i think :D
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well we havent decided on anything for sure, for the moment I would love to hear everyones suggestions and if they would be interested in participating and also how they think we should go about doing it. :D

Good to see you would be interested!
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman

Post 3+ Months Ago

interested :roll: i would love it lol :lol: I don't know why i like designing websites i just do, a lot! it kind of has an artistic feel to it when i make them, which is one reason why i probs like them

one thing i mean't to ask is what other prizes do you think you would offer other than free hosting (just curious)

also i think there should be a few limitations on the rules, maybe have 2 types of competition, one for the more advanced users who know flash and things and one for the others who only know HTMl and things but then it might involve 2 prizes and that isn't fair lol, specially seen as though it's not myself giving away the prize, just a suggestion though.

because someone could make a really good site but then someone who has a large amount of flash knowledge might come along and it might look even better but with alot more effects and it would beat them all lol

not always the case though
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

yep, depending on the amount of interest I may make it 2 comps for beginners and advanced :thumbsup:

not sure on prizes, will have to have a think about it and see what i can rustle up :)

but the important thing is how to put it in motion :)
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, i recently started learning flash but i am not so good at it yet however i think if i try something in it i will just get better because in web design you generally do that,

if it was 2 competitions it would maybe get more interest and people would compete except you could be advanced in HTML and the design of it and not want to enter that into the begginner section however if it was aloud then they could maybe put that in the advanced section bearing in mind they know that flash and stuff can be entered there so they might lose and would have to make sure it is a really nice site in order to compete

am i just blabbering on here or is this helping hehe

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 539 posts