Request a competition

  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6230
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fabinator wrote:
Bogey wrote:
Randomality wrote:
Well not many people really seemed to pick up on my idea, but I still think its really good, so think about it guys!

That is ..


Randomality wrote:
Nucleo wrote:
Randomality wrote:
I dont know if this has already been suggested, but how about a close up picture is displayed, and peeps have to guess what it is.

yeh, someone takes a macro shot of something, and we guess :P, person who wins has to take their own shot.


Yep, thats the idea. Of course the mods would have to be told what it is so they can confirm that it is actually guessable (if thats a word?)

- MJ. Mercer



I think it would work out great, anyone else?

- Mercer


That one, right? is four pixels good enough" :lol: I like the idea.


That would be great! :)

I just quoted you because this quote within quote stuff looks pretty cool ... And I still think it'd be a cool idea ...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator
  • Posts: 467
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Posts: 8388
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
Fabinator wrote:
Bogey wrote:
Randomality wrote:
Well not many people really seemed to pick up on my idea, but I still think its really good, so think about it guys!

That is ..


Randomality wrote:
Nucleo wrote:
Randomality wrote:
I dont know if this has already been suggested, but how about a close up picture is displayed, and peeps have to guess what it is.

yeh, someone takes a macro shot of something, and we guess :P, person who wins has to take their own shot.


Yep, thats the idea. Of course the mods would have to be told what it is so they can confirm that it is actually guessable (if thats a word?)

- MJ. Mercer



I think it would work out great, anyone else?

- Mercer


That one, right? is four pixels good enough" :lol: I like the idea.


That would be great! :)

I just quoted you because this quote within quote stuff looks pretty cool ... And I still think it'd be a cool idea ...


I like pyramids as well :D :lol: anyway, lets do that. Or lets vote on it Who wants it and who doesn't make poll you know...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Posts: 8388
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or how about music competition? The person who creates the best music or something?

I also had another suggestion but I have forgotten it. Whenever I remember it I will be sure to post it here.
  • SB
  • Moderator
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 8740
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The whole purpose of these competitions wasn't to just make random stuff up, but to try and make them relevant to the rest of the site content and general webmaster interest.

I'm not sure what you could really get from a Music competition. Feel free in elaborating on this by all means, but just saying "music" isn't really selling the idea to me.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6376
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

when's the next photo comp? i'm itching to shoot something. uhhh...with my camera i mean. Image
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2852

Post 3+ Months Ago

UNFLUX wrote:
when's the next photo comp? i'm itching to shoot something. uhhh...with my camera i mean. [http://www.unflux.com/bb/beam.gif[[/img]


...or with the BB gun you got last Christmas? :lol:
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2123

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thought this may be an idea, I was thinking maybe a creative writing competition could be interesting. Cos not even takes photos or is able to create digital are. Maybe choose a topic, and have people write a story of so many words to do with it?

Just an idea...

:)
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2123

Post 3+ Months Ago

Holy crap, I am tired.. Sorry about the typos guys :shock:
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6241
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

So, there's photo comps, digital art comps, and now a CSS competition... how about some sort of web scripting competition to broaden things? There could be a lot of possibilities... least lines of code to accomplish a task, most creative solution to a problem, etc.
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator
  • Posts: 467

Post 3+ Months Ago

And one of the comps I did on other forums was a SEO comp.

First you think of a search term with no results like "ozzu seo comp 4231"

Then people have to make one page an make sure they have the first result in google on that search words. The link to that page is your entry.

Then a moderator have to check the results at a specific time.

That would be fun :D.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1029
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Benat wrote:
Thought this may be an idea, I was thinking maybe a creative writing competition could be interesting. Cos not even takes photos or is able to create digital are. Maybe choose a topic, and have people write a story of so many words to do with it?

Just an idea...

:)


I'm all for that, it could be rather interesting. I've got a couple of short stories that I've written that may be of use if this gets going ... :D
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 575
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fabinator wrote:
And one of the comps I did on other forums was a SEO comp.

First you think of a search term with no results like "ozzu seo comp 4231"

Then people have to make one page an make sure they have the first result in google on that search words. The link to that page is your entry.

Then a moderator have to check the results at a specific time.

That would be fun :D.

Hey, that sounds like a good idea. I'm sure I have a lot to learn about SEO, and this comp would definitely force me to figure some stuff out.
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator
  • Posts: 467

Post 3+ Months Ago

jameson5555 wrote:
Fabinator wrote:
And one of the comps I did on other forums was a SEO comp.

First you think of a search term with no results like "ozzu seo comp 4231"

Then people have to make one page an make sure they have the first result in google on that search words. The link to that page is your entry.

Then a moderator have to check the results at a specific time.

That would be fun :D.

Hey, that sounds like a good idea. I'm sure I have a lot to learn about SEO, and this comp would definitely force me to figure some stuff out.


Yeah.. and one of the rules at that forum was that the winner has to tell the rest about his tactics, so I learned a lot there. I hope the mods like the idea.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2008
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm game - SEO's definitely a weak spot of mine....
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator
  • Posts: 467

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can organise a SEO competition. :)
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2305
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any we can use this comp to optimize my work site.......... jk
  • Hob Bramble
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 351
  • Loc: Indiana, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd like to request another Smiley Competition - as far as I can tell the last one was held back in 03', but I think it would be rather amusing to have another.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 3422
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That sounds like a good idea.
  • CE/ Pyrocy
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 374
  • Loc: Santa Barbara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

can we get some more comps up soon, it's been FOREVERRRRR, thanks
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6241
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the idea of another smiley comp... it would be a nice way to welcome in phpBB3...
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1647
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

New ozzu logo comp?
  • SB
  • Moderator
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 8740
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin wrote:
New ozzu logo comp?


What's wrong with the current one?

Smiley comp sounds good. Thumbs up from here.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1029
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the current ozzu logo, but it is a bit old now - may be in need of a revamp - or it may not. I also like the idea of that smiley competition.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2008
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I must confess I always thought the ozzu logo a little too 'mortal combat'. Not that it bothers me in any way, mind - just it would be interesting to see what other ideas people may come up with..................
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1647
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nothing is wrong with it, But It would be good to see everyones Ideas.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6376
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

Being that the point of a logo is identity, does it really make sense to make a new one? Does McDonald's change theirs? What about Adidas? Nike?

The OZZU dragon has been a part of the site almost since the beginning. That was 5+ years ago and is a recognizable symbol of the forum. ;)
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2008
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

True, a logo should be for life. it can get revamped though, once in a while. so part of the rules could be that the dragon stays the same shape, for instance - but the feel of it can be changed.............. modernised, if you will.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6241
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
I must confess I always thought the ozzu logo a little too 'mortal combat'.

Lol, that instantly reminded me of this. :lol:
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2008
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hahahhaha yeah I remember that guy........... what the hell was he on???

but still you gotta say - the dragon is a bit old school. not that I don't like. (heck I'd happily live in my parents' basement. dammit why don't they have one? I'm in a far worse position - moving into my mother-in-law's attic.... now that's sad. but I digress). But we could do a comp to see if anyone could snazz it up a bit. Just for fun. It wouldn't have to result in the implementation of new logo. It would just be a good game.....................
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 538 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.