Request a competition

• Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I kinda have to agree with C here, the logo is very boyish - and I've always said the entire site is really boyish, it could be fun to see what everyone can come up with for the logo. Doesn't mean it has to be implemented, but Ozzu is a very community based website, I mean, at the end of the day, Bigweb lets us have alot of say on what happens around here, which is fantastic not alot of big website would do that. Lets have some fun with something.. I like the dragon, I'd just love to put my girlie touch onto it :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Benat wrote:
I like the dragon, I'd just love to put my girlie touch onto it :D

And it's more or less for that reason i'm going to say "no" to having a comp on it.

There is nothing wrong with what we have, infact i'd be surprised if anyone can come up with something nearly as good as that.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Guys, it's not like any change like that would be universal. If Bigwebmaster would add a few more themes, like those from the recent CSS comp, this would be a simple solution. You mortal combat and ozzu dragon fans could still use it, and Benat might get her butterflies :)
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

UNFLUX wrote:
Being that the point of a logo is identity, does it really make sense to make a new one? Does McDonald's change theirs? What about Adidas? Nike?

The OZZU dragon has been a part of the site almost since the beginning. That was 5+ years ago and is a recognizable symbol of the forum. ;)

Your just saying that because you made it :lol:

But seriously, the dragon is what makes ozzu so unique compared to all the other forums. Its like our "nationality" you cant change it! :roll:
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Benat wrote:
I like the dragon, I'd just love to put my girlie touch onto it :D

And it's more or less for that reason i'm going to say "no" to having a comp on it.

There is nothing wrong with what we have, infact i'd be surprised if anyone can come up with something nearly as good as that.

I never said there was anything wrong with it, I do like the dragon, I was just stating that I would like to have a go at creating something a little different. I never said I could do better, nor did I insult UNFLUX. But this is a community website, without ANY of us, this place would not exist. I don't think its really fair to say just because someone wants to have a go at re-creating something, for fun, is a silly idea, or theres no way they could create something as good etc. It isn't about that. Its about creating a feeling that what you have to contribute actually matters.

But nevermind. It was a STUPID idea.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wasn't trying to start an argument nor a debate on logos. I wish I had tagged my post with a /sarcasm bit. Sorry for that, this has gone askew.

SpooF wrote:
Your just saying that because you made it

yes, but I never once said it was the best logo for ozzu. It was a "ok this is good for now but we can change it later" and then it ever got changed. I'm all for new and fresh ideas! IMHO, I think the name of the site itself, OZZU, is really the logo/tm of the community. The dragon was just something I thought looked 'cool' at the time we started this place.

And I want to see a girlie version! Maybe a purse hanging off his arm or a hat with flowers? or or or...maybe it's a GIRL DRAGON to begin with! That'd be great....instead of a red glow, a pink one!

I really wish I hadn't been so serious in my sarcasm :(
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

We should give the dragon a top hat and call it a day.

Classy.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it might be interesting to do something like google does for all the holidays. Maybe UNFLUX could share the compiled vector and then we could have a contests the month before every holiday and people could submit, the winners entry goes up for a few days on the holiday.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The point of it, at least to me, would be a clean slate. A chance to come up with something fresh and new. I'm all for it. If someone wants to remix the dragon, I'm all for that as well. The final say whether it be used is up to bigweb, but we all know that.

As for simply having a contest, I think an OZZU logo contest would be swell. Image
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm.. I like the idea too. I guess all we need at this point is for a moderator to set it up.. *cough*unflux*cough*
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually, if i recall correctly only certain mods can start up competitions in the forum. I could be wrong. I would go and check, but i'm one of the few who can.

If you're all in favour of the Ozzu Logo competition then i don't see why it can't go ahead, although i'd be more in favour of it being a seasonal Ozzu logo type of thing that SpooF suggested.

Valentines day is on it's way, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to do something for that.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

UNFLUX wrote:
I wasn't trying to start an argument nor a debate on logos. I wish I had tagged my post with a /sarcasm bit. Sorry for that, this has gone askew.

SpooF wrote:
Your just saying that because you made it

yes, but I never once said it was the best logo for ozzu. It was a "ok this is good for now but we can change it later" and then it ever got changed. I'm all for new and fresh ideas! IMHO, I think the name of the site itself, OZZU, is really the logo/tm of the community. The dragon was just something I thought looked 'cool' at the time we started this place.

And I want to see a girlie version! Maybe a purse hanging off his arm or a hat with flowers? or or or...maybe it's a GIRL DRAGON to begin with! That'd be great....instead of a red glow, a pink one!

I really wish I hadn't been so serious in my sarcasm :(

UNFLUX, you would have to be one of the most easy going people I have ever encountered
on OZZU, and that is the honest truth.

The point I was making was not directed at you, but at the comment SB about no one being able to do anything better then you did with the logo, when this MAY be true, but it may also not be true. Its not fair to judge 33,000 (or so) people, and its not fair to assume their skills are basically, not good enough. Thats how it came across to me.

Anyone who knows me here, will know I do not pull any punches and I am honest in every post I make. I would not be this outspoken if I had nothing to contribute to OZZU, but every single active member on this site, has contributed, and DOES have something to contribute to make this place even better. Be it a fun competition, or a suggestion that improves Ozzu in some way, we are still contributing, and it helps bigweb build a better and more welcoming OZZU for current members and future members.

I personally think the logo idea is a good one. Its much easier to implement a single logo then it is a whole new template.

Ok rant over.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just felt responsible for starting the whole argument with my 'smart alec' mouth. ;) I'll get a writeup going for a logo comp and we can post it once approved.

"Can't we all just get along?" Image
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok bigweb just made me a mod on this forum too. :D

so now we can get down to business. Image
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have a problem with anyone :D

Can't wait for the comp to start WOOHOO!
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

IF you do a Valentines day comp, that would only give 2 days...... St. Patrick's Day is more like it!
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

OHH yeah! St. Pats day comp sounds awesome :D
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

why even try? here is the winner! HA, can't wait for the REAL comp to go up.

• Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can we please please please have a creative writing comp!
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Benat wrote:

How long will this writing piece be?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Benat wrote:

Let's not forget that this is a webmaster forum... Although I kind of like the idea... Creative writing in a creative web page made by you? Maybe that could be implemented if the mods feel like it :lol: a webmaster touch to a creative writing...
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
Benat wrote:

How long will this writing piece be?

Not sure.

Bogey, how is creative writing not something a webmaster does? We write content for websites, don't we?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Benat wrote:
Bogey, how is creative writing not something a webmaster does? We write content for websites, don't we?

• Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL, I mean yes its a webmaster forum, but webmaster do, do creative writing.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Benat wrote:
LOL, I mean yes its a webmaster forum, but webmaster do, do creative writing.

I doubt, for the most part, they are doing creative writing as a story or a poem or something... mostly it's to promote something or just a job... making site templates for other people.

It's just something new you suggested... Mostly, what I thought about at the webmaster forum to be, is coding competitions but what I mostly seeing is photography and digital art competition. The latest coding competition I seeing and tried to participate in is the Re-coding the OZZU theme...

I see where you getting that from though.
  • wfcamb
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Louisiana, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Competition Type: Digital Art
Items Used In Competition: Mushrooms

Thought it would be an interesting competition.. And that's partly because I did an art piece using mushrooms and fire.. :p The only thing most people think is an actual photo are the mushrooms.. When in fact, everything but one Photoshop brush is from photos.. :p Makes an interesting art piece.. :) Would be cool to see some other mushroom work too.. ;)
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought this would be cool.

Topic: Create a Celebrity

Basically, take pieces from different celebrities and create your own uber celebrity.

I got the idea from here.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Benat wrote:
do, do

lol
Anyways, I think a creative writing comp would be good. You would need to come up with a particular topic to write about though. It would be hard to judge if one person writes about zombies and another writes about books.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
I thought this would be cool.

Basically, take pieces from different celebrities and create your own uber celebrity.

I got the idea from here.

:lol: That sounds like fun :D

I second that :D
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Competition Type: Photo Manipulation
Topic(s):
1) Changing seasons - Final result is two side-by-side pictures; one of the original, the second in a different season. If the original is a summer picture, make the 2nd one look as though it's winter (snow and all).
2) Retouching - OP posts a generic stock photo of a girl/guy. Users upload the most enhanced version, featuring better skin, overall appearance, etc.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 539 posts