Website Design Competition #7 - Superhero

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

First Website Design competition seen on Ozzu in 3 and a half years! Long overdue.

Create a three (3) page website dedicated to "Superhero". Whether you want to create a Superhero or dedicate a page to a well known hero. Whatever you do, have fun.

Please create something new and fresh - practice your skills! ;)

Rules:

* Your entry MUST contain your username anywhere on each of the pages
* Webpage design is strictly HTML and CSS only (with images)
* CSS is allowed of course and can be in a seperate file
* Please place images and CSS (if seperate from the html) in the same folder. In other words, ONE FOLDER FOR EVERYTHING.

You MUST also, after posting your entry, PM me a link to a .zip or .rar file with the .html doc and images in the one folder so I can put them up on the server for the final votes (All work remains copyright of yourself). You can also attach your .zip/.rar file using the attachment feature provided.

Only one submission per user will be allowed.

You MUST have created the website yourself.

Any questions please ask in the thread. :D

Max total file size (inc images): 500KB
(Please ensure your entry meets the above before entering your piece - Entries not meeting critera will be notified by PM and given a couple of days to adjust it, but please get it right the first time) *poke*

Length: Competition closes on Friday, March 30th 2012. Voting will last five days after close of competition.

Good luck and have fun!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Resolution: Please create with 800x600 users in mind.

These people still exist? :P
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
SB wrote:
Resolution: Please create with 800x600 users in mind.

These people still exist? :P

:lol:

I shall amend that copy and pasted rule in a minute. I would be surprised if there were many that still have resolutions at 800x600 :)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not trying to get off topic, but I was actually curious so I checked really quick for the last few months the screen resolutions Ozzu visitors are using. Looks like 800x600 is not very common being number 18 on the list. A smaller resolution of 320x400 actually more common than the 800x600 resolution probably due to mobile browsers and that is number 11 on the list. The vast majority of users though are 1024x768 or above. Attached is a chart for anyone curious.
Attachments:
ozzu-visitors-screen-resolution-2012-jan-mar.jpg

Ozzu Visitor Screen Resolution for January through beginning of March 2012

• SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
A smaller resolution of 320x400 actually more common than the 800x600 resolution

So, you suggest i change it to 320x400 instead of 800x600?

I can't even imagine browsing on a 320x400 resolution.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

No I wouldn't suggest that, Ozzu does automatically resize the images as long as they use the attach utility on the posts versus using the img bbcode.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

3 weeks until Competition close date. Anybody interested?
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll pull something together. Count me in!
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

But at least a 1024 x 768 would give a lot more options, such as the 960 grid system.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

mindfullsilence wrote:
But at least a 1024 x 768 would give a lot more options, such as the 960 grid system.

The rules were a bit out of date as a copy of this kind of competition has been on Ozzu for years. I should have proof read before posting.

I think 1024x768 is a reasonable size.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool, should have a submission by the end of the week. Spring break so I have time to do it, woot!!!!!!! Do you have any idea how badly I've wanted to see website design competitions on ozzu? Always seeing a bajillion photography competitions, but never any web ones. SUPER EXCITED!
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Btw, as far as these competitions go, how much do I need to do as far as coding? Is it an aesthetics competition? Do I need to make sure it's cross-browser compatible? Include IE7? IE6? Make sure it's pixel perfect between browsers, or just functionality? Or just scrap dealing with all the crap browsers and go for what looks good, under the assumption that if, if it ever was meant for production, that it would be more polished in all browsers?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can put as much coding as you like. Obviously it would be ideal to be compatible on IE, FF and Chrome. But i know making it compatible for all three requires a bit more effort as from experience IE is always the tricky one to please. Not sure if that has changed for recent versions.

The competition is just for fun, so if you'd rather make it compatible for IE or FF/Chrome then state somewhere on the page that it is best viewed on that particular browser/browsers. One day i may introduce a prize, however as it looks to be coming from my own personal pocket it would depend on how flush i'm feeling. So i wouldn't count on it this time round.

I would only really create more web design competitions if there was alot of interest. Thankfully you are showing some interest, but 1 or 2 people isn't really enough. I might put something together, but as i havn't done coding for a while i'll be a bit rusty and likely come up with something painfully basic.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Honestly the thought of a prize never entered my mind. I'm in it to see what other people would do, learning from them, see how I stack up, and have fun. Hopefully there are more out there that share my same perspective. A competition with only 1 entry isn't really a competition :P
  • natas
  • PHP Ninja
  • Proficient
  • natas
  • Loc: AFK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Count me in.... I can't absolutely guarantee I'll meet the deadline, but I'll give it my best effort.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

2 weeks left. No entries yet... anyone working on anything at the moment?
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

started on mine the beginning of the week. Don't worry, it'll be submitted soon.
Moderator Remark: Topic locked due to amount of pointless and spam type posts being left in the months since this competition concluded. - SB

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts