Maya
  •  
    Bryce 5

3dmax vs maya vs bryce 5

• jai
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have barely a foothold into graphic generation.i do have background on 3dmax but its quite pitiful. i would like a comparison among 3dstudio max 8, maya and bryce 5: functionality, features, pros, cons, the works..

im desperately lost :( please help

thanks so much
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jai
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

o yeah, i have also heard or shade is good. is it?
  • wfcamb
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Louisiana, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I only have Bryce 5.. Before this program, I had no knowlege whatsoever in the 3D world.. Bryce 5 is about the easiest program to learn that I've ever installed. Like I said, the only thing I've used is Bryce, but it's definitely VERY user-friendly.. ;)
  • djrangu
  • Born
  • Born
  • djrangu
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have 3ds max and maya,Max has an infinite number of 3rd party plugins that make it easier to use...Supposing you want to animate a car moving on a rocky terrain?It would be easier to do it using vehicle studio plugin for max rather than scripting in bryce or Maya. And Maya is mainly for cinematics; it requires expertise in animation to make anims in maya. whereas max requires just the basics,but the results are realistic....Bryce is for making anims with 3d landscapes and to a certain extent characters also....Even i was like you guys,confused in the begining..Now after using 3ds max i got what i wanted...
8)
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

By far I wuld have to say the most user friendly with the greatest output would be Cinema 4D. It is real simple to learn when compared to Maya or Max and can output quality animation as good as Maxx. I dont think no app can beat Maya but it is extremely difficult to learn. So, I give Cinema 4D and A+ for user friendlyness and an A- for quality. Can't lose.

Cinema 4D
  • Majik_Imaje
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Point Hope Alaska

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I have read all the books.. I have tried all the different programs.. and hands down the winner of all time

the ONE PROGRAM that sells out all others 3 - 1 is

3D Studio Max !

Image[/img]
  • Sandwich
  • Sandwich
  • Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maya for the win! I have it. Very user friendly and powerful. And it kicks ass! How do I know that? Bungie use it to make Halo 3!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts