3DS MAX HELP

• eurosickwitit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • eurosickwitit

Post 3+ Months Ago

I need to learn 3ds max starting from the basics. I really don't succeed in finding a lot of good tutorials and I don't want to pay 40 bucks for the book right now. Can you guys throw some links to resources and tutorials about 3ds max? I'd be grateful.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sure some ppls here will know 3Dmax,

You could also reg at DesignsXchange some good work going on there with Willem and Steve, steve is now into animation and is very good at it. you need to register like at most forums.

Graphicsteck: bromyaur has lots of tutorials in most 3D apps.

http://www.graphicsteck.ca/vb/index.php?

Umm-pur is excellent on most 3Dapps:

http://umm-pur.com/forum/index.php?act=idx

:D
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should probably check the documentation that ships with max.

I don't think you will find anything on the web that is more informative than that
  • magnumPI
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • magnumPI
  • Loc: Inside my Head

Post 3+ Months Ago

is it modeling or animation you're looking into? There's a Quickstart book that sells in most bookstores, going for about $24 US. Its much like a cheat sheet that you can look at anytime you need to know how to do something (extrude a face, set lighting, etc.)

I agree with the last post... Umm-pur is a great site. Also, http://www.cgtalk.com is a great forum, people post their work and how they did it (most of the time).

im pretty new to these forums, but i major in visual and game programming at the Art Institute of San Francisco, so i guess i can lend what knowledge i have of 3dsmax and maya.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Honestly, the only people I know that are any good with 3ds took a class or two on it. It isn't your typical little program...there are soo many things to do that it is easier to take a class at your local graphic design center or community college to get you started. Once you know the basics then you can probably learn on your own.

Just my opinion. :)
  • eurosickwitit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • eurosickwitit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you all. I know it's not a little program Truce, i dont expect to learn it in 2 days. I wanna learn how to model first. Not animate. Start from the basics, etc

PS thanks for the links suzie

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts