About creating multiple pages with ImageReady

• Khaosifix
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Khaosifix
  • Loc: New York City

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I'm working with Golive, Photoshop, and ImageReady. Whenever I bring my site layout from Photoshop to GoLive it dissects all of the assets of that layout into individual files into a .data folder.

The thing is I want to design multiple pages which may or maynot share those assets with the previous design layout. This is a problem in GoLive because it creates new assets files which bloats the overall size of the website.

I want to make it in a way where all of my designs with Photoshop & ImageReady share those same assets that even GoLive will recognize and now create "new" asset files.
  • mxvirial
  • mxvirial

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey i'm wanting to do this too its for my portfolio site, i'm wanting a smart looking front page but then want to create another few page with a different body but the same header and general style although instead of having lovely semi transparent boxes on the front page i'm wanting a large white one, i can deign it all fine i just don't know how to create the two different pages that will you the same header images between them.

I'm using photoshop CS2 & ImageReady CS2
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't mean to be abrupt, but I believe the answer to your requests for help is 'learn html'.

There's only so much you can do with graphics programs. I take the approach of designing a page in Photoshop, exporting slices manually as and when I need them so that I can create my own div-based layout. You're then in total control of what goes in each page.

I realise this may sound daunting, but after a week or two of learning and following tutorials (see stickies in this forum) you'll be able to create clean and controllable layouts. It's worth putting in the time to do it properly, and you can always post specific issues you have here at OZZU.

Hope this eventually helps.
  • mxvirial
  • mxvirial

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol i already know html its just reading through the computer arts mag i saw site grinder but its too expensive for me right now whilst i save for a new lense.

I just though adobe misght have had though more into this whilst creating image ready

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts