Adding More Pixels To a Photograph

• Tony3567
  • Tony3567

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I`m a newbie and someone told me you can add more pixels to an image and i wanted to know if that is possible......Here is my situation I am grabbing images from a movie and ofcourse it doesnt look like the picture was taken with a digital camera but i would like to know how i could make it look better and how it can look more like it was taken by a digital camera and not grabbed off a movie.....If there is a way i can add more pixels or make it look better Please let me know how i could do that.....I have photoshop but if there is a better program out there to add more pixels Please let me know.......Thanks
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you tried increasing the DPI?
  • Tony3567
  • Tony3567

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do I increase the dpi using Photoshop?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Open your Image in PS.

Under Image | Image Size there is an option to change the DPI.
  • Tony3567
  • Tony3567

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have PS 7.0........I went to image size but it doesnt say anywhere there about DPI
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry - my bad. Look at resolution (pixels/per inch) - it's the same thing as DPI basically. Web image are typically 72 pixels/in, print is 300. I'm not sure how much it's going to help you. Just experiment with different numbers and see what you get. Typically 72, 300, 600 are the norm. Remember the higher the DPI, your image size will increase as well.
  • Tony3567
  • Tony3567

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW Thanks for the responses but that doesnt seem to help with the picture......have you heard of any programs that can add pixels to an image?......I heard there was something like that around
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

There's a program called Genuine Fractals Pro that will interpolate images up to huge sizes with minimal loss of quality, but it will NOT add detail that wasn't already there in the image.

There are some things you can do to images to improve their quality, this is called post-processing.

I would suggest hitting Google, because there's really no one-click method of improving an image. There are many techniques, and exactly which you use is unique to each image you're trying to process.
  • Tony3567
  • Tony3567

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe

Thank You......I joined this site this morning and you guys been a great help....This forum is Great....I will look into what you said.....Thanks
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

When adjusting resolution in Photoshop, if you want more pixels added make sure 'resample' is ticked.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts