Adobe CS3

• john_aa
  • Born
  • Born
  • john_aa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys wondering, if you are using Adobe CS3 and do you think, if there are other alternatives to CS3. Would you recommend CS3 or wait for something else.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• donno92
  • Born
  • Born
  • donno92

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am using Photoshop CS3 and i have to say i haven't noticed many new features. Visually it is a much improved experience, but inside it is very similar to CS2, improvements have been made for the better thought. I would recommend it.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

What I like the most is the image resizing is really really good in this one ... even better than CS2 ...
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the new interface items in CS3. I've used Adobe products since Photoshop 4 was new. From version to version there never really seems to be huge functional differences. But, over the years it has become far more stable and able to handle bigger tasks, IMO.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am going to download CS3 now I am a photoshop user. I like PS7, but I have heard many good things about CS3 and I think my trial ran out so I never got to use it.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not a pioneer in CS3 , - I'm using CS3 photosop , dreamweaver and Flash as well,
I'm not deviant - But i'd recommend it.

It's easy to use so far , it makes sense so far...
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

It really depends on what you need and your platform. You need to remember that Adobe's CS3 Studio is much more than just Photoshop. While there are many competitors for several of the individual programs there are not really any competitors that offer the whole suite or the program interoperability. Some of the competitors you might be interested in are The Gimp (photoshop), Inkscape (Illustrator), Quark Express (InDesign), Apple Final Cut Studio (After Effects/Premiere/SoundBooth), Microsoft Silverlight (does this really count as a Flash competitor?) Your on your own for links to these products.

If your simply looking at image editing and your running Win XP you won't see much of a reason to upgrade from previous versions. However, if your using Vista or OSX on an Intel Mac you will see a huge performance increase across all the CS3 suite. There have also been significant improvements in memory handling and stability in Flash, After Effects, Bridge, Flash Video Encoder and Soundbooth over the cs2 versions.

If your asking if you should get the CS3 suite or wait for another version (it will probably be 2 years or so). You might be fine waiting. If your asking if you should wait for a better version from the competition, its been over 10 years by my count since anyone was really a challenge to the Adobe Suite.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

graphixboy wrote:
It really depends on what you need and your platform. You need to remember that Adobe's CS3 Studio is much more than just Photoshop. While there are many competitors for several of the individual programs there are not really any competitors that offer the whole suite or the program interoperability. Some of the competitors you might be interested in are The Gimp (photoshop), Inkscape (Illustrator), Quark Express (InDesign), Apple Final Cut Studio (After Effects/Premiere/SoundBooth), Microsoft Silverlight (does this really count as a Flash competitor?) Your on your own for links to these products.

If your simply looking at image editing and your running Win XP you won't see much of a reason to upgrade from previous versions. However, if your using Vista or OSX on an Intel Mac you will see a huge performance increase across all the CS3 suite. There have also been significant improvements in memory handling and stability in Flash, After Effects, Bridge, Flash Video Encoder and Soundbooth over the cs2 versions.

If your asking if you should get the CS3 suite or wait for another version (it will probably be 2 years or so). You might be fine waiting. If your asking if you should wait for a better version from the competition, its been over 10 years by my count since anyone was really a challenge to the Adobe Suite.

Well said.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts