Adobe CS5 to be released

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

CS5 Master Collection - License

Quote:
With more than 250 new features, Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection software delivers the power and speed to reach more people, more effectively, and in more places than ever before.

I was looking at some of the new features and two that really caught my attention were the fact that more of Adobe's software applications are now built natively for 64-bit support which will allow you to utilize more ram, and the ability to now create applications for the iPhone from Adobe Flash which is exported to the native .ipa format. You would still need a developer license to make the apps available for the iPhone, but that is currently $99 a year. I could be wrong, but I believe before you would actually have needed a MAC to develop iPhone apps.

Quote:
Adobe® Flash® Professional CS5 will include a Packager for iPhone that will let you publish ActionScript 3 projects to run as native applications for iPhone. These applications can be delivered to iPhone users through the Apple App Store.*

You can learn more here:

CS5 Master Collection - License
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems that the iPhone exporter is going to be mostly worthless, from what I gather Apple isn't going to let applications compiled from languages like Actionscript in to the Apple store.

Quote:
3.3.1 — Applications may only use Documented APIs in the manner prescribed by Apple and must not use or call any private APIs. Applications must be originally written in Objective-C, C, C++, or JavaScript as executed by the iPhone OS WebKit engine, and only code written in C, C++, and Objective-C may compile and directly link against the Documented APIs (e.g., Applications that link to Documented APIs through an intermediary translation or compatibility layer or tool are prohibited).

I like this stuff I keep hearing about CS5 exporting HTMLCanvas code for Flash animations though. Sounds pretty neat. :D
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

There's lots of stuff in the CS5 feature list that will make my life a lot easier.

However, I gotta say I'm getting a bit sick of Adobe's continuous "Just click and we'll build it for you" mantra. I have yet to see an instance where the computer can do as good a job as a person. Oh well I guess that just means I won't have to install Dreamweaver or Flash Catalyst.
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

The photoshop and premiere/after effects additions are pretty good. I hope it is released before our upgrade contract expires.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like Adobe is abandoning Flash for iPhone, already. http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20003006-264.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts