Adobe Image Ready Help.

• Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alrighty ya'll, heres the deal. I scanned in a pen and ink drawing I had scetched, the started the tedious prcess of erasing all the shading bit by bit, and making a new layer each time I took a little bit out. I did that in PhotoShop. I then did the same thing with the outline, and ended up with a slowly decreasing image that took place over a little mroe than 500 layers (tedious, eh?).

After completing that, I took it over in to image ready, and began making a sperate frame for each piece erased, to create the effect of the image being drawn, then shadded in. After getting to the point of having about 100 layers laft to deal with (having made a little over 400 frames) it suddenly stopped me from ebing able to select the visabilty for layers, therefore not allowing me to change which layer I was on to go on to the next frame I wanted. I was wondering if its just too much information for Image Ready to handle, or if theres something I can do to finish my animation.

If any clarification is needed, please ask. I'm typing this question out pretty quickly, so I might have missed something.

Oh, and when I transferred the image from photoshop too imjage ready, it came up with a message saying that the image was larger than 40 mbs, and larger than image ready could handle, but it let me take into the program anyways. And, like I said, it worked fine until I had about 100 layers left.

Thanks ya'll. Hope it wasnt too confusing. ;)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm, it shouldn't matter how big the image is as far as the software is concerned. Your computer however may need more ram on your scratch disk in orerder to complete the project. Try changing your scratch disk to a drive with more ram.
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

What version of Photoshop / Imageready? There used to be a 99 layer limit, but according to various sites this was removed in Photoshop 6.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry it took so long to respond, I've been gone over the weekend. I did run into the scratch disk problem, and was able to fix it by changing the scratch disk to drive C. As to the version, its the newest available. Our school computer labs were just updated this year. The part that confuses me is that it doesnt come up with an error message, it just stops working. then, when I step backward to try and jump ahead in the project, it acts really bizzare. An example would be it lets me step ahead one layer at a time, turning on and off the visibilty, going from 100, to 99, to 98, etc. But, it wont let me jump from 100 to 98. It wont let me skip. As I said, bizzare. Its beggining to look like I'm gonna have to go in and merge every 3 or so layers, just to get it under 400 layers in size. I hope it doesnt screw up the animation too badly. I'll see if I can maybe post it after its done.

Thanks for ya'lls help, and if anyone else has any advice, please share it. I will start on the merging of layers tommorow, so if I get an answer before then, that would be awsome.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts