Adobe Image Ready

• Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, has anyone ever used this? Just curious. I'm starting to get introduced to it, and might consider buying a copy. I like it so far, but if anyone has a personal opinion on this program, please give it to me. I would hate to shell out a ton of money on an animation program from Adobe, when theres something free thats just as good. I'm just starting to get interested in animation, so I'm pretty much clueless.

Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it! Definatly a program I suggest. I use it for my animated gifs, takes a minute to get used to the controls but if your used to Photoshop and the like it's fairly simple.

I have used it to slice templates as well...it saves the HTML page as well as the images. But beware of compliancy issues. as of 7.0 it still wasn't doing XHTML compliant code.

I haven't really used any other so I couldn't give you a comparision...but I say get it :D
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool. I am getting better daily with photoshop, illustrator, and others, so Image Ready doesnt seem to be all that bad. I was just concerned mainly with the difficulty of actually viewing and using the animations after they were completed. Its great to be able to make animations, but if I have no way to use them in a website, post them, or even view them outside Image Ready, then its not a program I'm interested in.
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Once the animation is completed...say an animated gif...once it is exported I can view it just fine with standard image viewers or in webpages. So yeah...great for making them...and great for exporting them in a viewable format. All around good package....and yeah I'm biased when it comes to it :lol: so you probably want other opinions :P.......well? don't everybody speak at once!
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't forget to look at the Creative Suite bundles; buying the 'separates' is a very expensive way to go.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agreed. Thanks for the tip. I hadn't thought of looking into that.
  • Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

i believe the new illustrator has Photoshop cs2 and imageready cs2...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts