Adobe Photoshop Text Question

• TheGinger
  • TheGinger

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry if this isn't where it belongs, I tried to place it in the forum that was the most related to the question.

My text in the text box disappears as if there was more text than the textbox would allow for, but its only half full. Any protips on whats happening?

Note: One more character into the text box in the picture, and it all goes away. (i will upload the picture as soon as I can)
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You got the right forum! :)

When you started your text object, did you single click or click and drag? It kind of sounds like you did the latter.
  • TheGinger
  • TheGinger

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reply. And I dragged the text box because I wanted to make the text only go into a certain place. If I were to single click, it would just roll off of the image and canvas and that wouldn't work out.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

While you have the cursor in the text box you can see a bounding box around the text. Is there a small plus sing ("+") at the bottom right of the text box? If so, this means that the text is running outside of the text box and therefore being cut off. You may need to shorten your line height or shrink your font-size.
  • TheGinger
  • TheGinger

Post 3+ Months Ago

mindfullsilence wrote:
While you have the cursor in the text box you can see a bounding box around the text. Is there a small plus sing ("+") at the bottom right of the text box? If so, this means that the text is running outside of the text box and therefore being cut off. You may need to shorten your line height or shrink your font-size.

Ah, thanks for the pointer. There is a small "+" at the bottom, but saying that the text is going outside/too big for the text box isn't quite logical because there is plenty of room for more text it seems. :?

Is there a way I can make the text appear outside of the text box if this might be the case?

EDIT: sorry for the idiotic question, I will be sure to make use of the 'Enter' key :|. Is everybody here interested in seeing finalized projects of things they help with?
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't mind seeing your work at all :) If you wanted some pointers or critique, you could post your work in the reviews section as well. Plenty of people there with lots of experience.

Sometimes photoshop is a bit weird in respect to text boxes. If it's getting cut off, photoshop will also cut off the last visible line in the text box as well. If you expand your text box vertically by a couple pixels, a new line of text will appear.
  • TheGinger
  • TheGinger

Post 3+ Months Ago

mindfullsilence wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing your work at all :)
Sometimes photoshop is a bit weird in respect to text boxes. If it's getting cut off, photoshop will also cut off the last visible line in the text box as well. If you expand your text box vertically by a couple pixels, a new line of text will appear.

Well, I understood this, but this wasn't happening in this instance. It wouldn't cut off my text at the bottom of the text box (for what I am using it for, this would be ideal), but it would just make all of the text disappear. And when I would expand the text box an absurd amount - still nothing.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm, interesting. Honestly I've never heard of this problem before. Perhaps a rendering issue? What happens when it disappears and you zoom in? Is it still gone?
  • TheGinger
  • TheGinger

Post 3+ Months Ago

mindfullsilence wrote:
Hmmm, interesting. Honestly I've never heard of this problem before. Perhaps a rendering issue? What happens when it disappears and you zoom in? Is it still gone?

Yes, sadly it is still not there after zooming in.

EDIT: Bah, nevermind, its only happening on the school computers. My home computer does not have this issue, hence why I wasn't used to it and didn't know what to do. Thanks for the help anyway, and I will be posting the final image soon. Thanks!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts