adobe printing question

• rexxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rexxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, just a question.
I created this large size poster, 20 inches x 28 inches at a resolution of 400 PPI in Photoshop,
(a newspaper cover with a friend's picture in it saying how "famous" he is so i can give it to him on his b-day) ,
i used some graphics and text that I took from a PDF file + some text and pictures I added myself. It looks fine on screen, when enhanced to 100%. I saved it as a TIFF file and put it in Adobe Illustrator, I enhanced it to 300% and all the images and text looks fine.

My problem is that when it's in Photoshop and click on the Print Preview option, on the little preview screen it displays a blurry and pixelated image.

I'd like to know if that's the way it will print, because, I have to take it to the printers and that costs, I wouldn't like to pay if it won't show up properly.

So if anyone can help, please do

Thanks in adcance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Print it on your own printer as a test. You won't see the entire image but it will give you and idea as to the quality.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, print preview is too small to fit the whole image unpixalized. I think that it should print fine, but if you want to be safe than sorry, try what Don2007 told you to do.

Print > PRINT ONE PAGE ONLY
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

So, you designed the poster in what software?

This is how i'm reading this - You designed it in, let's say Photoshop, brought it over to Illustrater and then enlarged it 300% and when you go back into photoshop the image is pixelated?

If so, then by enlarging the image by 300% all you're doing is enlarging the size of the pixels and as a result the image will look "dotty" and not in the best quality.

Maybe i misunderstood. If you could reply with clarification that would be pretty cool.
  • rexxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rexxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you very much for your replies. The poster printed fine, and so I found out that Bogey was right.
SB I had designed it in photoshop, took it to Illustrater but didn't enlarge it, I only zoomed in 300% and it looked OK, and I wasn't sure what to do.
Thanks for all your replies. TOPIC CLOSED :)
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Glad it worked out well for you.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts