animation experiments

• Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am constantly amazed by the power of 3ds max...and it excites me to no end that I have only scratched the surface of what it can do...Here are a couple of experiments with space warps and such

These are all in wmv format btw..

This one I was seeing if I could make a laser shot of an object and explode it...I used Parray for the explosion, and deflection so it would bounce off the floor. Looked pretty good, I may have to use this technique for something more Final.

http://www.ixtlanstudios.com/movies/exp.wmv

This one is pretty tutorialish, but it was my first try with reactor 2, which just gave me a crapload of possibilities with my animations...I couldn't imagine manually animating all those bricks. Also I used the hyper-GI engine, which gave some decent illumination to the animation without adding much to the render time

http://www.ixtlanstudios.com/movies/wall2.wmv

Not really looking for critiques, just trying to show off the software more or less.....

I feel a huge project on the horizon :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't messed with reactor 2, but it appears that it has problems with collision detection. Many of the bricks in the second video fall through other bricks. May just be a setting though.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yea I did notice that as well, it may be a setting that I have overlooked. I will have to post a question in a CG forum about that.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is pretty cool. Might give that software a shot at some point soon. Loved the wall animation!
  • eurosickwitit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • eurosickwitit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey! I like both animations. I completely suck in 3ds Max but I'd like to learn it. Never had a chance to actually sit down and figure it out. The interface and all the options seem pretty complex.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

It gets pretty complex, but just hang with it. It is less complicated then you think. It is pretty intimidating though, I still don't know what half the stuff does...lol
  • ar LutiK
  • Born
  • Born
  • ar LutiK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Vladdrac,

you say you use the Hyper-GI engine,
do you have any advice for someone who's trying to understand it, and the animations I do with it get lots of flicker.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts